Mangold has "high ankle sprain"

JetsFan220

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a mixed blessing kind of thing. When I saw the injury I thought OH NO a knee. This is certainly better news but high ankle sprains are very tricky. Could be 1 week, could be more.

If the Jets are smart they will put some roll outs in the play book fast. Sanchez is good on the more. if he tries to stay in the pocket he will get killed

I said this in the gameday thread about Mangold's injury.

I've had enough players with high ankle sprains, and have dealt with enough doctors over the years to know that this can be a very serious injury, and in many ways, can be even worse than a breaking an ankle.

I had a kid on my team, one of the toughest kids I've ever coached who played with a broken wrist and fractured ribs who suffered a high ankle sprain and was literally in a boot for 4 weeks and wasn't on the field for 6.

I know this is an NFL player as opposed to a high school kid, but even so, don't underestimate the severity of this injury. It could be a month before we see Mangold on the field again.

Nick Mangold's MRI confirms high ankle sprain

Published: Monday, September 19, 2011, 1:05 PM Updated: Monday, September 19, 2011, 1:49 PM

Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

An MRI this morning confirmed a high ankle sprain for Jets center Nick Mangold, and no additional damage, according to a person with knowledge of his injury.

There is "no reliable timetable" for Mangold's return, according to the person. The team will have to monitor the injury and see how it progresses. That person requested anonymity because the team has not yet announced the MRI results.

Mangold injured his ankle in the first quarter of Sunday's 32-3 win against the Jaguars. On a 7-yard run by Shonn Greene, linebacker Daryl Smith appeared to roll up on Mangold's right leg.

He was replaced by rookie Colin Baxter, claimed two weeks ago off waivers by San Diego.

Are you kidding me? Ngata is reading this and drooling over the prospect of going up against Baxter.

Ngata rag dolled most of our line last year with Mangold playing.. short to intermidiate routes, rolling out, and Wayne Hunter remembering he doesn't suck should be enough to get it done. I don't know who Tenesses C is but their line seemed to hold up quite well yesterday.

I heard up until around wk 8 last year that Slauson was going to get everybody killed but that seemed to work out ok. Baxter has to man up... period.

The worst possible timing would be the end of December... They can beat the Raiders and Ravens without Mangold... Don't you worry toots.

Yeah, seymor Ngata kelly wilfork haynesworth are all ieasy match ups for a rookie udfa signed a week ago. December doesn't matter if u don't have record buddy.

Archived