if Curtis Granderson does NOT win the AL MVP.....

Blackout

Ellsbury had a historically great year and he will be recognized for it in some fashion.

ahahah; no he won't.

The ONLY THING the Red Sox of 2011 will be remembered for, is being known as "THE TEAM" who blew a 9 game playoff wildcard lead heading into September. It's as simple as that.

You know, the same Boston Red Sux team that not only failed to win consecutive games during an entire month of freaking baseball, but also went 7-20 during the month of September. That's all this team will be "remembered for"; is the team that completed the biggest choke-job of all-time. Enjoy it. Deal with it. Live with it.

And when the Yankees lose in the playoffs it'll be another 200 plus million dollar failure so please don't make this a money issue. Especially as a Yankee fan.

Dude... A Boston freakin' Red Sox fan crying, complaining or even TALKING about "payroll" is hysterical. I'm dying over here from LAUGHTER...

#3. Boston Red Sox $ 161,762,475

#29Tampa Bay Rays $ 41,053,571

That's an overall difference of 120,708,904. The Red Sox have a team salary, that's higher than the Rays salary by over 120 million freaking dollars!

The DIFFERENCE in payroll is worth almost 3 TIMES more than what the Rays even have as a ball-club.

Sorry to break it down to you like this Mr.Boston Red Sox fan, BUT... The Yankees only make 40,926,553 more than the Red Sox do. The Red Sox make 120,708,904 more than the Rays do.

But yet... The Rays and Yankees are in the playoffs, but the Red Sox aren't? And you're a BOSTON FAN talking about "money"? Are you kidding me guy?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verlander for MVP is just beyond even the realm of stupidity.

I'm not so sure about that. Without Justin Verlander, the Tigers don't make the playoffs this year.

Record of 24-5

ERA of only 2.40

.192 average against

250 K's/50 walks

WHIP of 0.92

I'm sorry, but it doesn't get much better than that.

Granderson had one hell of a season, MVP worthy, but lets be honest here... The Yankees would have been here with or without Granderson. Granderson doesn't make this Yankees team. The Tigers? Would not be here, right now, without their starting ACE. The man won 25 games.

I'm not so sure about that. Without Justin Verlander, the Tigers don't make the playoffs this year.

Record of 24-5

ERA of only 2.40

.192 average against

250 K's/50 walks

WHIP of 0.92

I'm sorry, but it doesn't get much better than that.

Granderson had one hell of a season, MVP worthy, but lets be honest here... The Yankees would have been here with or without Granderson. Granderson doesn't make this Yankees team. The Tigers? Would not be here, right now, without their starting ACE.

The Tigers, as Carl pointed out are 4th in the league in total OPS.

The Tigers don't make the post season without Miguel Cabrera if we want to play this silly game.

Bautista, Ellsbury, Cabrera should be the top 3 in voting.

The Tigers, as Carl pointed out are 4th in the league in total OPS.

The Tigers don't make the post season without Miguel Cabrera if we want to play this silly game.

Bautista, Ellsbury, Cabrera should be the top 3 in voting.

So if we're going strictly hitter why not Ellsbury over Bautista then? No one ever had a good a season as Ellsbury has had, Stark even says it in the article.

If nothing else, he should win the Silver Slugger, Gold Glove and Comeback player of the year.

So if we're going strictly hitter why not Ellsbury over Bautista then? No one ever had a good a season as Ellsbury has had, Stark even says it in the article.

If nothing else, he should win the Silver Slugger, Gold Glove and Comeback player of the year.

I wouldn't have a problem with Ellsbury winning it. I'd rather Bautista win, but I'm not going to go crazy over Ellsbury.

With how average the Jays are and how the Sox season ended, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else completely win it.

Ellsbury played just fine. it's not his fault the Sox fell apart. And its certainly not Bautista's fault the Jays were average.

Verlander will probably get votes because the writers are idiots and they'll use that logic to justify Verlander winning it.

Granderson is cool. He was my kids' favorite Tiger before he left to collect his $$ -- which I can't really blame him for.

I hope he brings the Yanks many more victories. -- Starting in April.

This week, I hope he brings them flat feet, diarrhea, achy balls, a sprained ankle, and inverted nipples.

-In Christian love, of course.

:)

Archived