If the Yankees plan to sell the farm for an arm...

Morrissey

I like the possibility of bringing in Yu Darvish, but not until webring in someone who is far more of a sure thing in big leagues. We probably could use two starters. I'd prefer trading for a top end starter (Kershaw or King Felix) and maybe signing C.J Wilson in free agency. If not Wilson, possibly Darvish.

CC Sabathia

Kershaw/King Felix

C.J. Wilson/Yu Darvish

Ivan Nova

Phil Hughes

(Both Betances and Banuelos will likely be gone in a trade for Kershaw or King Felix)

I like the possibility of bringing in Yu Darvish, but not until webring in someone who is far more of a sure thing in big leagues. We probably could use two starters. I'd prefer trading for a top end starter (Kershaw or King Felix) and maybe signing C.J Wilson in free agency. If not Wilson, possibly Darvish.

CC Sabathia

Kershaw/King Felix

C.J. Wilson/Yu Darvish

Ivan Nova

Phil Hughes

(Both Betances and Banuelos will likely be gone in a trade for Kershaw or King Felix)

Why would Seattle or LA make a trade like that? Felix is under contract for a few more years. Kershaw is arbitration eligible for 3 more seasons. Don't see how that makes sense for either team.

I know money isn't a problem for the Yankees, but if CC opts out, might that not cut into how much money they have to spend this off-season?

The posting fee for Darvish will likely be more than what Dice-K's was. And then you have to sign him. A lot of money for an unproven commodity, especially after Dice-K fizzled rather quickly.

I'm sure the Yanks won't be given the discount the Sawx did for Dice

Why would Seattle or LA make a trade like that? Felix is under contract for a few more years. Kershaw is arbitration eligible for 3 more seasons. Don't see how that makes sense for either team.

I know money isn't a problem for the Yankees, but if CC opts out, might that not cut into how much money they have to spend this off-season?

Well for one, LA's ownership issues. Seattle needs prospects in their system to turn things around.

Posada and his $15 million dollar a year contract is coming off the books. That frees up a lot of money. Pluss the Yankees still have the Cliff Lee money they didn't spend.

Well for one, LA's ownership issues. Seattle needs prospects in their system to turn things around.

Posada and his $15 million dollar a year contract is coming off the books. That frees up a lot of money. Pluss the Yankees still have the Cliff Lee money they didn't spend.

I don't see them moving Kershaw. Maybe Seattle trades King Felix, but it will take a haul. Are the Yankees willing to pay that price for a starter with may position players being older and having a wealth of young arms in the system?

Archived