Should Mark Sanchez use a Helmet Visor?

Latinlawyer

I have seen several players in the NFL use a shaded Visor. Maybe Sanchez should use one to hide his eye movements and maybe that way he won't tip off who he is staring down.

It wont help when he physically locks his head position to one side but at least the defenders won't see his eyes and maybe it will give him an advantage.

Curious to see what my fellow JN'ers think?

LL

I think he should wear his helmet backwards and, like Luke Skywalker, use "The Force" to complete passes. :biggrin:

A quarterback's ability to scan the field and go through "read progressions" come with two things ... Pass protection and experience.

Sanchez will get better as these two areas improve.

Everybody talks about Manning's, Brady's and Brees' ability to scan the field and NOT lock onto one receiver, but that's much easier to do behind a good pass protection offensive line. I mean anybody who saw the NE/SD game last week will tell you that Brady had like 6 seconds to figure out where he wanted to throw the ball on a consistent basis, which is an eternity.

Sanchez doesn't get nearly that amount of time, and as a result, has to much make a quicker decision which, for a young QB, is more conducive to "locking in" on one or two guys.

He'll get better.

Math disagrees.

Which math is that? The math that shows a higher completion percentage in his first 2 games than his average last season? The math that shows 100+ QB rating in the post season last year? Nah, he hasn't improved at all since his first game. LOL.

I have seen several players in the NFL use a shaded Visor. Maybe Sanchez should use one to hide his eye movements and maybe that way he won't tip off who he is staring down.

It wont help when he physically locks his head position to one side but at least the defenders won't see his eyes and maybe it will give him an advantage.

LL

]IMO he should consider getting a dark visor like Vick to help conceal who he's staring at.

LL

Why is he planning to do some welding on the sidelines?

Archived