Sanchez Debate

lancemehl

It truly has nothing to do with Sanchez. Since I've been doing the Jets forum thing I have seen the lynch mob after Keyshawn, who they were ripping apart in 99 after his best season in 98, "Slow" Mo Lewis was the worst LBer ever, according to these boards, Curtis Martin was nothing but a stat compiler, We know Chad Pennington sucked, Herm Edwards was a bafoon, Sean Ellis, believe it or not was PE #1 for a while for being an underacheiver, Bryan Thomas was called a bust for the longest time. I'm sure we remember just last year from preseason to about week 5, Revis was an over-hyped, money hungry bum, Cromartie sucked before last week...who else, help me out here? lol I think we get the point. Now it's Greene and Sancho. It is not even about sports, it is society. I was unfortunate enough to have spent time in the restaurant business, and there you get a good taste of how people are never happy, and must find the negative in things. 'This is overcooked, undercooked, dry, bland, too sweet, it came too fast, it took to long....blah blah blah.' Same thing here.

Anyone who knows anything about football know Curtis Martin doesn't suck, but here he does. They know Mo Lewis didn't suck, but here he sure did. And so on and so on...For some people, sports is an extension of their life, work, school, whatever......work sucks, school sucks, team sucks....etc. For others it is a source of enjoyment and fun. Growing up as a sports fan, before "forums", I recall my friends and I HYPING up our teams' players, even going overboard, wearing extra dark rose glasses, just to stick it to the fan of another team. It was FUN. If a guy wears the uniform and doesn't really suck (as in Rick Mirer suck, Bubby Brister suck, Luke Mccown suck....far from what we call "suck" here.) than you CHEERED for him. You got pisssed when he ****ed up, but you brushed him off and went back at it.

But that was how we saw the world as kids. Some of us still see sports that way, hence the frustration and the arguing (and me wasting an hour looking at f---ing stats lol) But we have to realize, most don't. I think as long as Sanchez stays offline, we will enjoy something special. sh*t, I'm already enjoying it!!

Jets!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post.

FF ruined half the fun of football in my opinion.

Everybody isnt "elite" or "a stud" on every team, and things have been this way since football was invented. Teams go at it every week regardless. Some people got lost along the bandwidth highway and cant just simply be satisfied.

It truly has nothing to do with Sanchez. Since I've been doing the Jets forum thing I have seen the lynch mob after Keyshawn, who they were ripping apart in 99 after his best season in 98, "Slow" Mo Lewis was the worst LBer ever, according to these boards, Curtis Martin was nothing but a stat compiler, We know Chad Pennington sucked, Herm Edwards was a bafoon, Sean Ellis, believe it or not was PE #1 for a while for being an underacheiver, Bryan Thomas was called a bust for the longest time. I'm sure we remember just last year from preseason to about week 5, Revis was an over-hyped, money hungry bum, Cromartie sucked before last week...who else, help me out here? lol I think we get the point. Now it's Greene and Sancho. It is not even about sports, it is society. I was unfortunate enough to have spent time in the restaurant business, and there you get a good taste of how people are never happy, and must find the negative in things. 'This is overcooked, undercooked, dry, bland, too sweet, it came too fast, it took to long....blah blah blah.' Same thing here.

Anyone who knows anything about football know Curtis Martin doesn't suck, but here he does. They know Mo Lewis didn't suck, but here he sure did. And so on and so on...For some people, sports is an extension of their life, work, school, whatever......work sucks, school sucks, team sucks....etc. For others it is a source of enjoyment and fun. Growing up as a sports fan, before "forums", I recall my friends and I HYPING up our teams' players, even going overboard, wearing extra dark rose glasses, just to stick it to the fan of another team. It was FUN. If a guy wears the uniform and doesn't really suck (as in Rick Mirer suck, Bubby Brister suck, Luke Mccown suck....far from what we call "suck" here.) than you CHEERED for him. You got pisssed when he ****ed up, but you brushed him off and went back at it.

But that was how we saw the world as kids. Some of us still see sports that way, hence the frustration and the arguing (and me wasting an hour looking at f---ing stats lol) But we have to realize, most don't. I think as long as Sanchez stays offline, we will enjoy something special. sh*t, I'm already enjoying it!!

Jets!

Summary:

"When I identify a Jets player as not being good I'm speaking of an irrefutable truth. When done by others, about players I have not personally identified as being worthy of criticism, then said fans are just mindlessly negative people."

Summary:

"When I identify a Jets player as not being good I'm speaking of an irrefutable truth. When done by others, about players I have not personally identified as being worthy of criticism, then said fans are just mindlessly negative people."

c'mon sperm, you know we're one week away from a full blown pennington like mess around here where every other thread is the same old same old tired old BS

c'mon sperm, you know we're one week away from a full blown pennington like mess around here where every other thread is the same old same old tired old BS

Personally I don't get it. JetNation is a Jets discussion forum not a PR firm for individual players.

So when Sanchez makes a great throw and I'm thrilled, then I'm being reasonable. When he's making awful mistakes we were hoping he'd grow out of as soon as possible, and I happen to notice that, then I have a negative agenda.

Personally I don't get it. JetNation is a Jets discussion forum not a PR firm for individual players.

So when Sanchez makes a great throw and I'm thrilled, then I'm being reasonable. When he's making awful mistakes we were hoping he'd grow out of as soon as possible, and I happen to notice that, then I have a negative agenda.

yeah, I'm more getting at hurricane chad that struck in whatever year it was 07 or whatever where posters were getting so worked up there all kinds of bannings and personal attacks and cute little clubs like the chad haters club and penningtologists, and it really was just lame.

Good post.

Everybody isnt "elite" or "a stud" on every team, and things have been this way since football was invented. Teams go at it every week regardless. Some people got lost along the bandwidth highway and cant just simply be satisfied.

I don't think fantasy football is to blame here... these polarizing debates on high-profile players on the sports teams we root for, are no different than the same redundant debates people have about politics, religion, where to get lunch, etc.

People like to argue.

They like to take out their dicks, lay them on the table and say "mine is bigger". Plain and simple.

The internetz is more to blame for the lame debating that has decimated the collective IQ of our country, more so than anything else. Its a forum that allows any slapdick to assume the mantle of "expert" when they aren't even close to qualified subject matter experts. All they are is opinionated, and compelled to appear right. They don't even have to be right, just appearing right is enough to fuel it all.

Politics for example has never been so ineffectually debated as it is nowadays. Soundbytes flying everywhere, nobody knows who to listen to, as they are all puking up agenda-driven jargon all over each other. Just like the debates our fanbase enjoy regarding our QBs.

preach--thumb.jpg

I don't think fantasy football is to blame here... these polarizing debates on high-profile players on the sports teams we root for, are no different than the same redundant debates people have about politics, religion, where to get lunch, etc.

People like to argue.

They like to take out their dicks, lay them on the table and say "mine is bigger". Plain and simple.

The internetz is more to blame for the lame debating that has decimated the collective IQ of our country, more so than anything else. Its a forum that allows any slapdick to assume the mantle of "expert" when they aren't even close to qualified subject matter experts. All they are is opinionated, and compelled to appear right. They don't even have to be right, just appearing right is enough to fuel it all.

Politics for example has never been so ineffectually debated as it is nowadays. Soundbytes flying everywhere, nobody knows who to listen to, as they are all puking up agenda-driven jargon all over each other. Just like the debates our fanbase enjoy regarding our QBs.

holo_upArrow_transparent.gifPseudo-intellectual whose penis is probably smaller than mine.

People like to argue.

Hence why I said "in my opinion".

Seems like with the growth of FF comes more distortion of a football players worth to any given team, and that distortion can be overly good or bad. All QBs arent going to be "elite" as termed in the FF world, in real life they are either good for their team or not. They either help the team win or they hinder its chances of acheiving victory. FF has created a false sense of football knowledge to alot of people in my opinion. Im no guru, but Im perfectly fine with that as long as I can breathe air and watch Jets football..

"any slapdick to assume the mantle of expert" is basicly what I was getting at with FF. Plus, theres a billion places to read it or post it, and they are usually puking up agenda driven jargon too.

I agree with your points on lamely debating about politics and religion though.

Hence why I said "in my opinion".

Seems like with the growth of FF comes more distortion of a football players worth to any given team, and that distortion can be overly good or bad. All QBs arent going to be "elite" as termed in the FF world, in real life they are either good for their team or not. They either help the team win or they hinder its chances of acheiving victory. FF has created a false sense of football knowledge to alot of people in my opinion. Im no guru, but Im perfectly fine with that as long as I can breathe air and watch Jets football..

"any slapdick to assume the mantle of expert" is basicly what I was getting at with FF. Plus, theres a billion places to read it or post it, and they are usually puking up agenda driven jargon too.

I agree with your points on lamely debating about politics and religion though.

I got that it was your opinion, and I have no doubt that you are probably on to something to a degree.... I think the fantasy football aspect is a small part of it though. Just think our society is overloaded with over-informed narcissistic me-first individuals that seek out opportunities to hear themselves regurgitate that info and be "right", whatever that means anymore.

Troof.

The problem is that Jets fans have no concept of dealing with success. The homer Jets fan, emboldened by the team's newfound prosperity, now feels it necessary to overreact to criticism from any and every source. They're like an amputee who wants everyone to notice how relatively nimble he is on his new prosthetic leg.

Troof.

The problem is that Jets fans have no concept of dealing with success. The homer Jets fan, emboldened by the team's newfound prosperity, now feels it necessary to overreact to criticism from any and every source. They're like an amputee who wants everyone to notice how relatively nimble he is on his new prosthetic leg.

Sanchez is not an amputee you f***ing dolt!

I got that it was your opinion, and I have no doubt that you are probably on to something to a degree.... I think the fantasy football aspect is a small part of it though. Just think our society is overloaded with over-informed narcissistic me-first individuals that seek out opportunities to hear themselves regurgitate that info and be "right", whatever that means anymore.

Dust. Wind. Dude.

To me it boils down to people taking the easy route and not actually looking at things from a wider lens. They could form their own opinion if they poked around in the whys and why nots themselves, but choose the spoon fed approach too often.

I;m the rare kind of Jets fan who preaches patience and is willing to give a guy until his third year. Sadly you get the odd Gholston. However with the patience thing you get to see what kind of work the coaches put in and see guys flourish. Brick is an obvious one. His rookie year some fans screamed murder that they should have taken Marcus McNeil, but four years later I think we can agree that Brick is a better player.

Jets!

I think this is a brilliant post...

Some people bitch just for the sake of bitching...it's in their nature. Our whole lives we are judged from birth, bred that way, it's human nature to have our flaws pointed out....Dr's, teachers, parents, grandparents, bosses, etc always pointing out our flaws.

We are sports fans, and we are passionate about our teams, and we want them to succeed, therefore we find any flaw we can and point it out in hopes that it will get corrected.

To me it boils down to people taking the easy route and not actually looking at things from a wider lens. They could form their own opinion if they poked around in the whys and why nots themselves, but choose the spoon fed approach too often.

Can't tell you how much I agree with this.

Good post.

Very true. We forget about the TEAM. Give me the 2000 Ravens, 86-91 Giants, the 85 Bears....as long as they win. That Jeff Hostetler lead Ginats team, for me, was great to watch. (while the jets were 3-13 lol) Hostetler, Simms, Mcmahon, Hasselbeck, Dilfer....all winners in my book. The jets right now are winners. So piss on the stats. lol

Good point about FF, btw....I wouldn't be surprised if that is what's fueling much of this..

I think this is a brilliant post...

Some people bitch just for the sake of bitching...it's in their nature. Our whole lives we are judged from birth, bred that way, it's human nature to have our flaws pointed out....Dr's, teachers, parents, grandparents, bosses, etc always pointing out our flaws.

We are sports fans, and we are passionate about our teams, and we want them to succeed, therefore we find any flaw we can and point it out in hopes that it will get corrected.

Thank you. and that is all I was saying.....

Very true. We forget about the TEAM. Give me the 2000 Ravens, 86-91 Giants, the 85 Bears....as long as they win. That Jeff Hostetler lead Ginats team, for me, was great to watch. (while the jets were 3-13 lol) Hostetler, Simms, Mcmahon, Hasselbeck, Dilfer....all winners in my book. The jets right now are winners. So piss on the stats. lol

Good point about FF, btw....I wouldn't be surprised if that is what's fueling much of this..

Cheers

Archived