Sanchez Debate

lancemehl

well the sad part of it is only time will tell i hope he becomes great   the jets need this and us fans do also

Of course, we want whoever is slinging it to be "great" or even good, or serviceable, pick any adjective you want, but for the past 5 years, all we have seen is "horrible", and based on the stats provided on this very forum, the absolute WORST in the league for 5 years with the exception of Cleveland.

This is just totally unacceptable to have this type of QB play for so long under this head coach. Time to change the QB and the Coach, as obviously both are at fault in this disaster.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sanchez with former NFL MVP in the backfield, healthy braylon legitimately stretching the defense and cotchery and keller to throw to underneath and the best o-line in the NFL and a very good defense........was still the weak link on the team and the team had to win in spite of him

give him this roster and he doesn't make it to halloween

All joking aside, you bring up a really good point.  I, and others, felt like Sanchez would have had his best season under Marty (yes his best still wouldn't have been good enough so please spare the the responses about that).

Anyhow based on what Mark did in the pre-season this is ALL speculation.  Because he didn't go out and put any doubts to rest.  Which is why I think it is a joke that people blast Rex for playing Mark behind a backup offense line.  This isn't Peyton Manning he put out there.

Mark could have won the job before that, he didn't.

1.  This.  The injury and emotional whining after the game only confirmed the self-entitled attitude of the QB formerly known as the Sanchize.

2.  That.  Clearly obvious that Mark had more experience than Geno in camp but Mark never showed he was that much better.  Can't understand how anyone who watched the pre-season actually wanted to see Sanchez the starter.  Look like the same QB from the past four years.  At least Geno offered hope.  

sanchez with former NFL MVP in the backfield, healthy braylon legitimately stretching the defense and cotchery and keller to throw to underneath and the best o-line in the NFL and a very good defense........was still the weak link on the team and the team had to win in spite of him

give him this roster and he doesn't make it to halloween

thats why i think with a good WRs and a TE maybe Geno can be ok we must give him another year and just make this his team,sanchez had that and a good team.  lets build a good team and go from there 

This thread is a joke, right? In 2011, Mark had a better o-line, Holmes and Burress, LT in the backfield, and the team still went 8-8. In the most crucial game of the season that year, the offense managed to scrounge up 7 measly points against the Giants.

This wasn't because of the offensive coordinator, it was because Sanchez sucks. Nuff said

Nope, this just in, the poll just hit 0% for firing Rex. Everyone wants Rex back. The worse he does, the more popular he gets.

Leslie Frazier and Jason Garrett want to know his secret.

The secret is Jet fans think Rex is one of them.

Since he is a dope who knows little about football, he matches the profile of those jet fans who want him back perfectly

The secret is Jet fans think Rex is one of them.

Since he is a dope who knows little about football, he matches the profile of those jet fans who want him back perfectly

this is hilarious because even if Rex only knows defense and is a hopeless head coach, he knows more about football than you ever will.

• 10 months later...

Geno 12 td, 21 ints. Mark's worst year since his rookie campaign 13 td, 18 int with best year 26 td, 18 int. discuss.

People voting you down are ridiculous. You are right. Sanchez was decent . Schotty kept him reigned in way too much. they were walking on egg shells with Sanchez instead of letting him play through his mistakes.

People voting you down are ridiculous. You are right. Sanchez was decent . Schotty kept him reigned in way too much. they were walking on egg shells with Sanchez instead of letting him play through his mistakes.

lol i love down votes.

This is beautiful! Lmao its almost surreal. Jet fans....fans....people are for the most part...brainless. smh

Yeah...Jet fans are ALL behind Sanchez. Good for you, buddy! Gimme a f break. Any success he enjoys from here on......which will be plenty, as was obvious went he went on the road in four playoff games against Brady, manning, rivers and I forget who else, before he was 22, and won...something we will never see again from a Jet qb......will all be DESPITE Jet fans....so give it a f rest. Smh

What icing on an already embarrassing season.

It truly has nothing to do with Sanchez. Since I've been doing the Jets forum thing I have seen the lynch mob after Keyshawn, who they were ripping apart in 99 after his best season in 98, "Slow" Mo Lewis was the worst LBer ever, according to these boards, Curtis Martin was nothing but a stat compiler, We know Chad Pennington sucked, Herm Edwards was a bafoon, Sean Ellis, believe it or not was PE #1 for a while for being an underacheiver, Bryan Thomas was called a bust for the longest time. I'm sure we remember just last year from preseason to about week 5, Revis was an over-hyped, money hungry bum, Cromartie sucked before last week...who else, help me out here? lol I think we get the point. Now it's Greene and Sancho. It is not even about sports, it is society. I was unfortunate enough to have spent time in the restaurant business, and there you get a good taste of how people are never happy, and must find the negative in things. 'This is overcooked, undercooked, dry, bland, too sweet, it came too fast, it took to long....blah blah blah.' Same thing here.

Anyone who knows anything about football know Curtis Martin doesn't suck, but here he does. They know Mo Lewis didn't suck, but here he sure did. And so on and so on...For some people, sports is an extension of their life, work, school, whatever......work sucks, school sucks, team sucks....etc. For others it is a source of enjoyment and fun. Growing up as a sports fan, before "forums", I recall my friends and I HYPING up our teams' players, even going overboard, wearing extra dark rose glasses, just to stick it to the fan of another team. It was FUN. If a guy wears the uniform and doesn't really suck (as in Rick Mirer suck, Bubby Brister suck, Luke Mccown suck....far from what we call "suck" here.) than you CHEERED for him. You got pisssed when he ****ed up, but you brushed him off and went back at it.

But that was how we saw the world as kids. Some of us still see sports that way, hence the frustration and the arguing (and me wasting an hour looking at f---ing stats lol) But we have to realize, most don't. I think as long as Sanchez stays offline, we will enjoy something special. sh*t, I'm already enjoying it!!

Jets!

Jets would be a playoff team with Chip Kelly (instead Rex got a clean slate)

That would be an interesting exercise. Swamping out coaching staffs.

Kelly has never been through a gauntlet like the Jets did before the bye. He's made a career out of beating bad teams so far. Would be cool to see how his team holds up.

I guess we will see in the playoffs...though they were one and done last year.

I think our record would be largely the same. Early on Geno won a couple games that Sanchez would not have lost, and there have been a couple that maybe Sanchez would done the opposite. Does not change the fact that as a 4th year starter he was marginally at best better than Geno as a rookie. Plus he is 100% guranteed to get cut so whats the point?

No, he signed a one yr contract...plus u didn't watch last nights game, did u? Marginally better would be throwing 2 picks in a row rather than 3. Sanchez lit up the Panthers. 

Not to single out jgb here, but there's a weird phenomenon going on here where the fanbase has talked itself into believing that the Jets are a reeeeeally reeeeeally good team all of a sudden. Listening to WFAN on the way home, you'd think people were talking about a 13-3 team or some sh*t. It's weird, but it's the natural result of diminished expectations, combined with the Giants struggles. Jets fans started the season in the bunker, raging against charges that their team was going to go 2-14, and they're now emerging, waving some victory flag simply because their bunker didn't get nuked. People, the goal is to win titles, not to defy preseason predictions. You should be mad that your team was knocked out of the playoffs three weeks ago. You should be upset about not going to the playoffs for a third straight year. You should be upset that your team gets blown off the field every other week. It should embarrass you that your $8 million dollar receiver only plays when he wants to. You should be upset that your expensive corners can't play. You should be pissed that the starting quarterback play has sucked for five years. Instead, you're celebrating the hope of going .500, and you're desperate to reward the coach who brought you here--the same coach who used to guarantee Super Bowls on a regular basis. I'm embarrassed for you. I really am. What the **** is wrong with you?

Great post, Tom

Archived