Jets v Raiders Predictions

Lego My Lageman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New York Jets: 34

@

Oakland Raiders: 6

Sanchez: 24/31, 243 yards, 3 TD's/0 INT's.

Shonn Greene: 16 carries, 73 yards, 1 TD.

Santonio Holmes: 7 receptions, 98 yards, 2 TD's.

Dustin Keller: 5 receptions, 77 yards, 1 TD.

Nick Folk: 2/2. Long of 46.

Jets Defense: 5 sacks, 3 INT's, 1 fumble recovery. 2 FG's allowed.

Our rookie DE Wilkerson leads the way with two sacks. Cromartie with consecutive games of two INT's. Revis comes through with an INT. Calvin Pace with a sack, forced fumble, and Bart Scott recovers the fumble.

Jets defense dominates the McFadden led Raiders, in the same types of ways that we dominated the Jaguars offense led by Jones-Drew. We keep McFadden under 60 yards rushing and 85 all-purpose yards.

3-0; here we come.

I see a tough game with the Mangold injury and the poor running attack/offensive line play we have had so far. Raiders have a huge front 7 and I can see them throwing 8 in the box against our banged up line.

If Schotty spreads the field we could get some quick scores and let the defense do the rest.

I'd be happy with a 17-16 win.

I have no psychic feeling about this game-yet but I DO predict that Raiders fans will continue to embarass the league and themselves tomorrow and I predict I will hate the Raiders probably even a little more than I already do-and that's not easy to do.

This isn't 2008.

Did you watch Jets Game Plan 8-0? Ray Lucas went on (again) how the "Jets don't travel west very well" when they are 4-0 doing it under Rex. Just like Tuesday when he and Brian Custer were talking about how Sanchez has "as many INT's as TD's" while the stat was right there on the screen below: 4 TDs 3 INT's. Don't let facts get in the way of your (seemingly bitter) agenda ya know?

Think Darren McFadden is gonna show us how we wish the jets ran the ball

In the 2+ seasons that Rex has been here, I can't remember one game, other than perhaps the AFC Title game last season, where a running back did us in. If we lose it will be because the offense can't score and perhaps the Raiders break a big play or two. But a consistent running attack? Nope.

In the 2+ seasons that Rex has been here, I can't remember one game, other than perhaps the AFC Title game last season, where a running back did us in. If we lose it will be because the offense can't score and perhaps the Raiders break a big play or two. But a consistent running attack? Nope.

+1

If the Jets lose, it will be a low scoring affair. We once again will be calling for Shotty's head.

Thankfully this is a team sport and the other 53 players will step up their game to make up for Mangold being out.

Jets 17-10

I don't see the Raiders scoring a TD. 24-6.

Raiders 24- jets 17 The game of fooball is won and Lost in the trenches. raiders Dline should control your oline making it tough to run or pass.

Raiders have enough wepons in the passing game to move the football through the air against the Jets. Jets only have one Revis. D Mcfadden, Marcel reece and Kevin Boss should have sucess catching it on your defense. (looking for a big gamke from all three)

You might limit the raiders running game . Its quite possible. can you still stop a MCfadden, marcel reece and K Boss in the passing game. Thats where the jets are weak and raiders have players thatcan hurt them there.

I see a tough game with the Mangold injury and the poor running attack/offensive line play we have had so far. Raiders have a huge front 7 and I can see them throwing 8 in the box against our banged up line.

If Schotty spreads the field we could get some quick scores and let the defense do the rest.

I'd be happy with a 17-16 win.

Here a couple problems I see. Bills interior did a pretty good job holding up to raiders dt. with jets interior the way it is Jets could be in big trouble if pressure coming quick up the middle. I expect due to the inexperience they have at center. Raiders don't do alot of safety blitz up the middle . The point being you can win and move the football if your tackles are weak and your getting rid of the football with three step drops. Its alot harder when the pressure coming up the middle. T Kelly and R seymour go 6'6 . They get in sanchez face its going to be almost imposible to move the football on ground or through the air.

In 20 years of reading NFL message boards, I've NEVER seen a civil Raider fan. Ever. This is a first.

he said:

"can you still stop a MCfadden, marcel reece and K Boss in the passing game. Thats where the jets are weak and raiders have players thatcan hurt them there."

I say:

he may be civil but he sure knows nothing about the Jets pass defense with Revis and defensive player of the week Cromartie and a finally coming into his own Kyle Wilson-the Jets should have at LEAST 2 INT's on Campbell today

he said:

"can you still stop a MCfadden, marcel reece and K Boss in the passing game. Thats where the jets are weak and raiders have players thatcan hurt them there."

I say:

he may be civil but he sure knows nothing about the Jets pass defense with Revis and defensive player of the week Cromartie and a finally coming into his own Kyle Wilson-the Jets should have at LEAST 2 INT's on Campbell today

No question Revis and Cro are great, but I thought he was pointing to the fact that our LBs and safeties don't cover well, opening up the middle of the field for McFadden and Boss?

No question Revis and Cro are great, but I thought he was pointing to the fact that our LBs and safeties don't cover well, opening up the middle of the field for McFadden and Boss?

we've gotten 2 INTs from LBers and safety play with a couple of other drops

he said:

I say:

Hey nothing wrong with feeling confident in your defense. Just like every defense there are weak spots . Your defense dosen't cover rbs or safeties well.

Marcel Reece is a unique weapon. He is a 6'3 245 wr playing FB. There is no way your Lbs or safeties are staying with this guy. Raiders don't throw at least 10 balls in his direction its a mistake.

Darren Mcfadden is not just a RB. This guy has legitimate Wr skills. You can send him on alot deeper patterns. You might see him and taiwan jones(way faster back than Mcfadden) in the back together. Mcfaddrn moves out to the slot and Jones is the single back.

Raiders shouldn't even let Revis come into play in this game. (whoever on Revis just keep running him deep down the sideline.

Hey nothing wrong with feeling confident in your defense. Just like every defense there are weak spots . Your defense dosen't cover rbs or safeties well.

Marcel Reece is a unique weapon. He is a 6'3 245 wr playing FB. There is no way your Lbs or safeties are staying with this guy. Raiders don't throw at least 10 balls in his direction its a mistake.

Darren Mcfadden is not just a RB. This guy has legitimate Wr skills. You can send him on alot deeper patterns. You might see him and taiwan jones(way faster back than Mcfadden) in the back together. Mcfaddrn moves out to the slot and Jones is the single back.

Raiders shouldn't even let Revis come into play in this game. (whoever on Revis just keep running him deep down the sideline.

T0m this ones for you!

Stopped reading after this black hole reject tried to explain how our defense does not cover safties well.

George Lopez is that you?

In 20 years of reading NFL message boards, I've NEVER seen a civil Raider fan. Ever. This is a first.

God you're old. I wasn't even aware there were message boards that long ago. I'm guessing that back then, a "message board" meant that you typed up your thoughts on a keyboard then tacked the sheet of paper on a bulletin board, and waited patiently for someone else to respond?

Our defense doesn't cover safeties well? Are you sure of that?

Archived