Red Sox vs. Yankees

CrazyCarl40

Here are the pitching match-ups:

Lester vs. Garcia

Wakefield vs. Burnett

? vs. Nova

Sox need to take two out of three, but that might be asking too much. The 2nd game might see 40 runs between the two teams. Sunday's start SHOULD be Lackey, but nobody wants to pitch him.

I'll say this. If the Sox don't win tonight, they are in big trouble. Lester needs to step up big time.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lester vs. Garcia

Wakefield vs. Burnett

? vs. Nova

Sox need to take two out of three, but that might be asking too much. The 2nd game might see 40 runs between the two teams. Sunday's start SHOULD be Lackey, but nobody wants to pitch him.

I'll say this. If the Sox don't win tonight, they are in big trouble. Lester needs to step up big time.

Burnett will pitch a good game on Saturday.

You are probably right but it will be interesting to see if Girardi goes full throttle and sends the varsity out instead of the JV against the Sox.

No doubt the Yanks will be resting guys Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday against the Rays.

Sox best shot is tonight with Lester pitching.

You are probably right but it will be interesting to see if Girardi goes full throttle and sends the varsity out instead of the JV against the Sox.

No doubt the Yanks will be resting guys Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday against the Rays.

Sox best shot is tonight with Lester pitching.

I'm not a fan of resting guys as it could knock players off their rhythm, especially pitchers.

Lester vs. Garcia

Wakefield vs. Burnett

? vs. Nova

Over/Under 20 runs?

I'm not a Yankees fan, but with all that said... I'll be pulling for the Yankees like never before during this 3 game series. Sweep these Red Sox and allow the Rays to sneak into the playoffs! The Red Sox are on the verge of an epic DISASTER, hopefully these Yankees, who've already clinched the East will play to sweep the series and end the Red Sox season.

I'm not a Yankees fan, but with all that said... I'll be pulling for the Yankees like never before during this 3 game series. Sweep these Red Sox and allow the Rays to sneak into the playoffs! The Red Sox are on the verge of an epic DISASTER, hopefully these Yankees, who've already clinched the East will play to sweep the series and end the Red Sox season.

Here in 2011?

Lester vs. Garcia

Wakefield vs. Burnett

? vs. Nova

I thought Lester looked good today.

If Tampa wins tonight, the wild card race will be VERY interesting. They could conceivably be tied for the wild card by the end of Sunday.

And that they did. Only 1 1/2 games behind these Red Sox.

If the Rays were to make the playoffs over Boston, this would go down as one of the largest collapses in baseball history.

And that they did. Only 1 1/2 games behind these Red Sox.

If the Rays were to make the playoffs over Boston, this would go down as one of the largest collapses in baseball history.

I cannot wait to see the Yanks tank those last three games of the season.

As of right now, Texas would get the wildcard and facing the Rays is a much tougher task than the Sox.

Or do the Rangers tank, the final series against the Angels to avoid the Rays and get the Tigers and their one hurler.

And the Sox with their lives on the line have Wakefield and Lackey. :mad0222:

I cannot wait to see the Yanks tank those last three games of the season.

As of right now, Texas would get the wildcard and facing the Rays is a much tougher task than the Sox.

Or do the Rangers tank, the final series against the Angels to avoid the Rays and get the Tigers and their one hurler.

And the Sox with their lives on the line have Wakefield and Lackey. :mad0222:

Tigers have Verlander-Fister-Scherzer. Way more than one hurler. They'll be a tough out.

Archived