Coffee

RutgersJetFan

the beans DD sells in retail stores is the older stuff so it doesn't compete with the DD stores, I've never been a fan of it. you can never match the taste of the DD stores because they add the flavorings (hazelnut french vanilla etc) to a standard brew and you can't get that at all

I don't know if it is available near you but I like "New England coffee company" beans

the beans DD sells in retail stores is the older stuff so it doesn't compete with the DD stores, I've never been a fan of it. you can never match the taste of the DD stores because they add the flavorings (hazelnut french vanilla etc) to a standard brew and you can't get that at all

I don't know if it is available near you but I like "New England coffee company" beans

I go standard on the DD stuff. Not a big fan of the flavored coffees. If I feel like getting saucy I go with the flavored creamer over the flavored coffee.

We had this conversation a while back and I told you about the best coffee you'll ever have. George Howell is god. I dont know how I'd wake up every morning with out him. I found out about him from my local deli where I go every morning for my dosage. Its all they serve, different region each day. So yum. Ethiopia is probably my favorite.

http://store.terroir...ee.com/coffees/

Your question invites further questions

specifically: are you grinding your own beans?

+1

What are you making? Regular American coffee? We shipped 80 kilos of beans back from the old country. Trouble is, we have to vary the grind based on whether we are using the espresso machine, the moka or making American coffee. I usually make macchiati, and once you put the foamed milk (and maybe a little cocoa) the coffee is slightly less important.

Peet's Coffee - Major Dickason's blend

http://www.peets.com...ype=0&item=coff

Blech. Like the Maxwell House of expensive coffee. Their French Roast is decent, though.

My daughter works at Starbucks, so I get a free pound of coffee from there a week (so something might be better, but no one will beat me on the price point). I try everything from them. Just breaking out from Dunkin's, I'd maybe go with Morning Joe. Pretty mild by Starbucks standards, but strong compared to standard American coffees. Their Kenya is probably my favorite.

My wife loves the New England Coffee Co. Breakfast blend. Good taste, not bitter or too odd tasting... When its on sale I buy like 10 bags to get us through until the next sale. Price has shot up over $2.00 a bag in the last few months.

My usual coffees are Starbucks Reserve blends brewed with the clover brewing system. My Fav is the Jamaican Blue Mountain!!! The reserves are only available in Seattle for the most part. Another fav is Top Pot Roasters and Seattle Mountain.

I just ordered 2 oz of Kopi Luwak for $60 which is supposed to be the rarest and best tasting coffee in the world.

At home I only brew coffee in a French Press.

Please try this before dismissing it. Kirkland (Costco) 100% Columbian. FABULOUS if you are a fan of Columbian. Price is reasonable. Warning, you may have to reduce your ammount used in your brewer as this stuff is potent. Once you find YOUR coffee/water ratio it is heaven.

Here in Seattle, the Costco HQ store has a roaster in the store. Their Costa Rica French Roast is to die for. Again, I prefer pressed coffee with these beans.

PS: The Kirkland Brand is named for one of the nicest towns in the Seattle area. Love Kirkland!!!

What are you making? Regular American coffee?

this is another good question, and follow up "how do you take it?"

dark roasts are better for people who take it with milk. I drink it black so mild roasts are for me.

here's my ideal coffee routine: Grind own beans, french press with 200 degree water. you want the beans to have been roasted within a week or two of consumption, otherwise they go stale.

but don't think im a snob i'll drink just about anything you put in front of me.

PS: The Kirkland Brand is named for one of the nicest towns in the Seattle area. Love Kirkland!!!

Lived in Kirkland and I'd poop on it just like the rest of the misery ridden area they call Seattle. Sucks!!!

Why is thread still going? George Howell Coffee, end of story, hands down the best you'll ever have.

Le Pain Quotidien coffee from their store (and if im correct they also sell their coffee and you can get it ground at the location). I've never tried it but the wife NEEDS her coffee and she's very meticulous about the coffee she drinks. So if she says that her double shot expresso iced latte with skim milk is good....then I'll cosign.

As for me, I never really had a care for coffee. I rarely drink it, but when I do it could be two day old burnt coffee hot off the burner. I could care less. Just pass me the damn sugar and half & half. And please, give me some elbow room to stir.

I'll sip it down with some class though...with my pinky out.

I've been doing something different lately with coffee.

I've done all the fancy/shmancy crap. I have a bunn machine because they're the best.

The problem is, I often make an entire pot and drink 1 cup.

So I've started buying the coffee-teabags. It's a mix of real beans (good) and instant (crap).

But I like that I'm not blowing $15 a month on beans...then pour the coffee down the drain.

Another benefit is that I can keep water hot all day and it doesn't burn.

I've been doing something different lately with coffee.

I've done all the fancy/shmancy crap. I have a bunn machine because they're the best.

The problem is, I often make an entire pot and drink 1 cup.

So I've started buying the coffee-teabags. It's a mix of real beans (good) and instant (crap).

But I like that I'm not blowing $15 a month on beans...then pour the coffee down the drain.

Another benefit is that I can keep water hot all day and it doesn't burn.

Bunn machines are the best? My cousin bought one. He said he bought it because it makes a ton of very crappy coffee very quickly. I wasn't impressed with it one way or the other, except for the speed. It was certainly drinkable. I'm not that picky with my American coffee. I'm not really that picky with my espresso either, but the sh*t that I have been served since I got back here is horrific. Starbucks? Ha. My wife's cousin from Sicily summed it up best. Here is what PInuccia had to say: "Coffee?!? Questi non e coffee, e aqua!" I have had some terrible, thin, watery, yet still extremely bitter espresso since I've gotten back to New York and at $3 a pop I have given up. I will make it myself every morning.

extremely bitter espresso

that's due to dirty machines or the age of the beans and the roast.... makes a huge difference... i also prefer coffee made myself... take amazing beans from Italy that were roasted last week and drink em in Napoli they are great... but take the same beans send em across the ocean and they taste terrible when they get here.

since we are talking about the best... if ever get a chance, go to Jamaica the blue mountain beans there are unbelievable. People go to Jamaica for the rum and the weed or whatever, that stuff is plentiful but marginal... but the coffee is cheap and outstanding. There was a place I used to be able to get em around here, not cheap, like 25-30$ a pound.

They say Puerto Rico has even better but Ive never had it that stuff gets shipped straight to Japan and sold for 90$ a pound!. PR actually imports beans to drink the stuff they grow is too valuable to consume.

oh yeah bunn machines make avg coffee but very quickly and alot of it. its like deli or lunch truck coffee.

that's due to dirty machines or the age of the beans and the roast.... makes a huge difference... i also prefer coffee made myself... take amazing beans from Italy that were roasted last week and drink em in Napoli they are great... but take the same beans send em across the ocean and they taste terrible when they get here.

since we are talking about the best... if ever get a chance, go to Jamaica the blue mountain beans there are unbelievable. People go to Jamaica for the rum and the weed or whatever, that stuff is plentiful but marginal... but the coffee is cheap and outstanding. There was a place I used to be able to get em around here, not cheap, like 25-30$ a pound.

They say Puerto Rico has even better but Ive never had it that stuff gets shipped straight to Japan and sold for 90$ a pound!. PR actually imports beans to drink the stuff they grow is too valuable to consume.

oh yeah bunn machines make avg coffee but very quickly and alot of it. its like deli or lunch truck coffee.

Here in Seattle, some Starbucks brew the Reserve Coffees with their clover Brewing System. I had the pleasure of Drinking Jamaican Blue Mountain last month. It was a fantastic coffee.

My Kopi Luwak should arrive any day now, and I am stoked!! I will be making that with my French Press. Water just off boil, let it steep for 4 minutes and Enjoy!!!!

All right. I've said many times how much I think Portland blows. I hate the city, HATE IT. But this local company knows coffee, I love it, buy a bag a week and can't stop. If you want coffee that'll get you BEAST MODED "hair bender" is the way to go. Otherwise, it's the Indonesian for me.

http://www.stumptowncoffee.com/coffees

How can you hate Portland??? We go there at least 4 times a year. Its a awesome place with a pretty great light rail system in place. Last year when I both my Macbook Pro, I drove to Portland just because its a better deal.

We also did a lot of shopping, I can't remember the name of the mall, but it has a Ice Rink in the middle of the mall.

Archived