Positive\Negative Rep or "Like" System?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Positive \ Negative Rep Option
    • Like System

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All because we have different views and opinions on a certain situation? This is exactly how a negative rep system has it's flaws. This is only one example I'm using. I gave the best input I could give, but at the same time, could still get hit with negative rep after negative rep. Nice to know.

God forbid someone has something positive to say about Mark Sanchez, the Sanchez harpers will come out in full force, hitting the negative rep button like never before. Or vice-versa. No, not because you were a negative prick during a post/thread; but because you have a different opinion from one another.

Me thinks you're taking this a little too serious.

I know I took negative rep away awhile back after that one dude made a death threat on it. But we used to be big believers in letting the community police itself and the + / - is a good way to take the pulse. As long as BP isn't orchestrating neg rep bombs anymore.

I dont think you have to worry about that anymore..lol

So, so, so tempted to hit the neg rep button for this one.

I did haha

That functionality isn't available on the mobile skin unfortunately.

So are you ever going to get that mobile app up so we can use the forums on our phones or can you at least make this available on tapatalk?

Is there a way to show who voted a post up or down the way it worked with the Like system?

I just repped your post to show you how to check. You will see a box with a number (currently 1) to the bottom right of your post. Clicking on that number will open up a reputation given window that wil show you that Bergenjet gave you a positive rep.

I did haha

So are you ever going to get that mobile app up so we can use the forums on our phones or can you at least make this available on tapatalk?

They are having problems with the iphone app and the android app was in beta and then disappeared, so I can't install that one yet -- waiting for the final release.

Tapatalk we can install but I really think our mobile skin is a better option. Have you tried our generic mobile skin?

They are having problems with the iphone app and the android app was in beta and then disappeared, so I can't install that one yet -- waiting for the final release.

Tapatalk we can install but I really think our mobile skin is a better option. Have you tried our generic mobile skin?

Yeah but my area gets sh*tty 3g so trying to continually load websites is a pain in the a$$ and tapatalk works pretty smoothly.

Yeah but my area gets shitty 3g so trying to continually load websites is a pain in the a$$ and tapatalk works pretty smoothly.

Have you tried the mobile app? I am just curious because there isn't much to load...it is all text, we don't currently have a single advertisement on it.

Have you tried the mobile app? I am just curious because there isn't much to load...it is all text, we don't currently have a single advertisement on it.

I thought the app wasn't ready yet? And I've been on the site its definitely better then other forums but it never lets me sign in, every time I try and click on the sign in link nothing loads or appears.

I just repped your post to show you how to check. You will see a box with a number (currently 1) to the bottom right of your post. Clicking on that number will open up a reputation given window that wil show you that Bergenjet gave you a positive rep.

That how it worked in the old system.

But what i liked about the LIKE system was that whenever someone liked your post it showed up as a notification and you could go back and see what post it was for. But with the +/- system you never get a notification.

So until you encounter your old post you never know.

Can we fix that everytime a rep is given it shows up in notifications ?

That how it worked in the old system.

But what i liked about the LIKE system was that whenever someone liked your post it showed up as a notification and you could go back and see what post it was for. But with the +/- system you never get a notification.

So until you encounter your old post you never know.

Can we fix that everytime a rep is given it shows up in notifications ?

Help me test this out -- you are probably right -- http://forums.jetnation.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications it has an option to be notified on LIKEs.

Click + on my post so I can confirm I don't get a notification. If not, I will request it through IPB. I agree it should trigger a notification. Thanks.

I'd like my neg rep to come with a middle finger when you click the little box thingy with peoples names in it.

That would be sweet.

I was thinking it would be nice to get back the feature where you could add a comment to the rep as you give it out, which was like 3-4 versions of JN ago.

I need unlimited negative rep. It's going to be a long year, and Mark Sanchez is going to be to blame.

Threads coming soon to a JN near you:

"Trade up for Andrew Luck"

"Trade for Manning... Peyton"

"Brady is gay"

"Schotty sucks"

"Callahan for OC"

"Callahan sucks"

"Rex jumped the shark in the Oakland game, like Favre and Mangini did in the Denver game in 2008"

That would be sweet.

I was thinking it would be nice to get back the feature where you could add a comment to the rep as you give it out, which was like 3-4 versions of JN ago.

I've asked numerous times but Max hates me so he doesnt listen. Rep commentary was the coolest thing in the history of message boards.

I've asked numerous times but Max hates me so he doesnt listen. Rep commentary was the coolest thing in the history of message boards.

Srsly.

Rep comments were the best way to let people know that you like the way they make fun of you... kept things much more laid back I felt, people didn't misunderstand dooshbaggery and chop-busting the way they do right now.

Me hating you isn't the reason we lost it. We lost it because that one dude made a death threat that was pretty scary. Although the current version of the software doesn't have the commentary option anymore.

Me hating you isn't the reason we lost it. We lost it because that one dude made a death threat that was pretty scary. Although the current version of the software doesn't have the commentary option anymore.

Who the hell is so pathetic that they made a death threat over internet rep?

Archived