Can't blame Sanchez for this loss..

Latinlawyer

Sanchez had a good day outside of one bad INT. His o-line was leaky. So many pressures....Raiders were hitting Sanchez left and right...and he still threw for 369 yards, 2 tds throwing, 1 td running and 1 INT.

Pick a Goat:

1) Cromartie

2) O-Line

3) Calvin Pace (held the Raiders giving them a 1st down instead of a 3rd and 8,....so they score a FG...)

ugh...

LL

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That game personified Sanchez's career really.

He's still too inconsistent, but he can always give you a chance. He was lights out at the end, always annoys me why he can't do that for 60 minutes.

He was well down the list of things that lead to us losing, but even as a huge supporter I'm not crazy enough to suggest he's immune from blame.

1) Cromartie...Cromartie....Cromartie. He was the reason for 4 key penalties, 14 points off his own errors.

2) D-line is second...poor gap control, penetration through their line and no pass rush. We took steps forward the past few weeks but showed that against bigger and physical lines we can have problems.

3) Schotty. Yeah, if you guys want to kill me on this one then fine. Fact is, why is Shonne Greene in so many formations (shotgun especially) where he's coming out of the backfield as a receiver? Dude, take a hint...LT has made a CAREER killing the Raiders and was excellent when he was in the game. Greene to his credit played well but doesn't present miss-matches to LBs or DEs like LT does out of the backfield. Also why did it take THAT long to run a no-huddle offense? Jesus christ Schotty the 3rd quarter was painful to watch on offense, perhaps you know switch things up and catch the Raiders off because the Jets couldn't do squat.

^^^^

I needed to separate this point away from the Schotty thing, but look up in Buffalo and what they're doing on offense. I've never seen a HC/OC do as much with less than what's on their team...yet we have unbelievable talent on the offense and cannot get out of our own way. Mangold needs to come back soon because there is a very good possibility that we are 2-3 if he isn't able to go, because our line is going to get dominated without our best OL man

Everyone is to blame for this loss. Everyone. It's ludicrous to insist that a QB that plays like that shouldn't bear any of the responsibility.

I would love it if you went back and actually watched every Packers game from 2009 and every Saints game from 2008.

I'd be willing to bet your opinion of both Brees and Rodgers would be very similar to what it is of Sanchez right now.

And no, that is not me making an excuse for Sanchez. If fact, quite the contrary. Both of those guys made bad passes here and there and threw boneheaded picks that came back to bite them later in games. It's one of the many reasons those teams missed the playoffs.

Most people look at their overall stats and wonder how those teams didn't win more. I'd be willing to bet their fan bases, you know, the people who actually watch every game they play, had plenty of people like you who bitched about Brees and Rodgers the same way you are bitching about Sanchez now,

The reality is that Sanchez is playing better. The run game is also significantly worse which helps put him in worse situations on third down more often and the o-line is not protecting him as well as they have in the past. It also doesn't help to have an arrogant moron as offensive coordinator who is incapable of making adjustments.

Sanchez is never going to be perfect, but guess what neither is Tom Brady, whose four picks were a huge part of the reason the Pats lost today. The guy threw four picks all of last year, and then threw four in one game. It happens to the best of them.

I would love it if you went back and actually watched every Packers game from 2009 and every Saints game from 2008.

Conversely, I would love it if people would stop with the attempts at fallacy-laden corollaries and just admit that he's just not a good quarterback right now. Don't see what the problem is in admitting this. Don't care how he could possibly be in 2013.

Joe Kl

I'd be willing to bet your opinion of both Brees and Rodgers would be very similar to what it is of Sanchez right now.

And no, that is not me making an excuse for Sanchez. If fact, quite the contrary. Both of those guys made bad passes here and there and threw boneheaded picks that came back to bite them later in games. It's one of the many reasons those teams missed the playoffs.

Most people look at their overall stats and wonder how those teams didn't win more. I'd be willing to bet their fan bases, you know, the people who actually watch every game they play, had plenty of people like you who bitched about Brees and Rodgers the same way you are bitching about Sanchez now,

The reality is that Sanchez is playing better. The run game is also significantly worse which helps put him in worse situations on third down more often and the o-line is not protecting him as well as they have in the past. It also doesn't help to have an arrogant moron as offensive coordinator who is incapable of making adjustments.

Sanchez is never going to be perfect, but guess what neither is Tom Brady, whose four picks were a huge part of the reason the Pats lost today. The guy threw four picks all of last year, and then threw four in one game. It happens to the best of them.

Your namesake just now said, virtually word-for-word, "Sanchez hasn't improved at all." (italics were his emphasis, not mine). Joe Klecko must hate the Jets.

Conversely, I would love it if people would stop with the attempts at fallacy-laden corollaries and just admit that he's just not a good quarterback right now. Don't see what the problem is in admitting this. Don't care how he could possibly be in 2013.

Holy crap dude. He is about the 10th biggest reason we lost today.

You know who is number one? Our head coach.

The better and fairer comparison would be Brees in his third year, not that. Those two were well ahead of where Sanchez is right now.

Sanchez is not good, but I don't think he's bad either. Right now he's about as middle of the road as it gets and the way he varies from drive to drive would put you crazy as he goes from flashing elite qualities to looking like Brooks Bollinger wearing a blindfold.

I still like him, I still think he's improved with each year and still think he can improve by the end of the year.

The better and fairer comparison would be Brees in his third year, not that. Those two were well ahead of where Sanchez is right now.

The better and fairer comparison would be not making one at all. Because it tells us literally nothing.

Sanchez is not good, but I don't think he's bad either.

This. I think Aten summed it up best last week. He's not as bad as he thought he'd be and he's not as good as I (or EY, or Sperm...etc.), thought he'd be. He sucks, but he's not the worst. However, you're not a douchebag if you don't find that to be acceptable in terms of performance.

Holy crap dude. He is about the 10th biggest reason we lost today.

You know who is number one? Our head coach.

Sanchez just said his pick kept Oakland in the game instead of putting them away.

Kid's money late in the game with his back to the wall. But he still has more growing to do than he's grown so far.

Clearly there was a lot of blame to go around. Offhand, Revis + no one else played so great. But the QB is never as low as the 10th biggest reason for a loss unless he's played lights-out all game long, which is far from the case.

Sanchez just said his pick kept Oakland in the game instead of putting them away.

Kid's money late in the game with his back to the wall. But he still has more growing to do than he's grown so far.

Clearly there was a lot of blame to go around. Offhand, Revis + no one else played so great. But the QB is never as low as the 10th biggest reason for a loss unless he's played lights-out all game long, which is far from the case.

I heard that and am not going to debate Sanchez issue, but I dont know how that "kept" them in the game.

It was 7-7 when he threw INT. They still got it up to 17-7 and that didnt put them away.

If he had thrown it at 17-7 I could see it, but the Jets D was bad every other drive. I see no way that the Jets could have put them away.

Sperm, me saying I think he's improved is not the same as me saying I think he's great or ready to take this team all the way yet.

This doesn't need to be black and white. The kid is playing better. I never even remotely suggested there wasn't room for improvement and if you had actually read my longer post that you quoted, you'd know I did suggest that the pick came back to haunt him today.

This game primarily falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff, particularly Rex. I have no idea why we didn't blitz Campbell more.

I heard that and am not going to debate Sanchez issue, but I dont know how that "kept" them in the game.

It was 7-7 when he threw INT. They still got it up to 17-7 and that didnt put them away.

If he had thrown it at 17-7 I could see it, but the Jets D was bad every other drive. I see no way that the Jets could have put them away.

The quarterback playing well sure would have helped.

Kind of the point.

No, its not. The argument made here and on the Jets postgame show is that the INT changed momentim and prevented the Jets from putting them away. At 7-7 its hard to make that argument. The Jets still put up a big lead after that.

Sperm, me saying I think he's improved is not the same as me saying I think he's great or ready to take this team all the way yet.

This doesn't need to be black and white. The kid is playing better. I never even remotely suggested there wasn't room for improvement and if you had actually read my longer post that you quoted, you'd know I did suggest that the pick came back to haunt him today.

This game primarily falls on the shoulders of the coaching staff, particularly Rex. I have no idea why we didn't blitz Campbell more.

And I don't see how he's playing better. He looks exactly the same to me in terms of the types of errors he's making, which I'm not going to rehash.

Disagree on Rex, other than not coaching guys up to play better on defense. All 3 of those 4th down calls were sound.

The first one we were in 4-down territory where a punt probably nets 16 yards after Conley boots it into the EZ.

The second one you absolutely punt with the defense playing the way it has. Plus thrown in there consideration that, if the first down is not converted, Oakland is arguably already in FG range with Janikowski if they don't even move the ball 1 yard on 3 downs (unlikely in its own right).

The last one is only the wrong call if you think there is any realistic chance that the Jets march 60 yards in about 25-30 seconds (at best) with no timeouts. The only realistic shot they had was scoring from the 2, then recovering an onside kick, then moving the ball 30 yards in 40-45 seconds. You are getting caught up in the fact that we needed 2 scores without any consideration to the likelihood of getting 2 scores. A 19-yard FG is a slam-dunk. Moving 60 yards in 25-30 seconds is only a chance on paper. In reality it has almost no chance.

Bottom line McFadden did to them was what Mendenhall did last year in AFC Chmps game, tore the sh*t out of them. Cromartie screwed them also, DONT TOUCH RECEIVER PAST 5 YRDS RETARD! No pass rush at all & Janokowski hitting 60 yrders all day didnt help. Jets were beat by a bigger line up front, Raiders won the trenches. But I am impressed by the fact they are never out of a game, they didnt tank it after being down 31-17. Sanchez will never be Brady or Manning, but he plays with alot of heart& balls. I think Jets are going to suprise people & upset Ravens next week.

Archived