Can't blame Sanchez for this loss..

Latinlawyer

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone ignores this. Sanchez is better in essentially every statistical category. The problem being that previously he was as bad as you can get, and now he's just not as bad as that. That's essentially the level of improvement we're talking about here. Very bad to just bad.

I dont think it was that bad, but I think expecting much improvement this year was just unrealistic. When I ran his comparables in terms of year 1-2 improvement basically all the improvement came in that second year. Through the years players got better but there was no jump from year 2-year 3. All the talk of "hes a year older and going to be much better" has almost no basis unless there really is something to the fact that he barely played college ball and the year 2-year 3 should essentially be his year 1-2.

The small article I wrote is at http://nyjetscap.com/marksanchezexpectations.php

Hes actually over in almost every category but I have to imagine that will change over time when plays like 74 yard passes to a RB are balanced out over the course of the year.

That game personified Sanchez's career really.

He's still too inconsistent, but he can always give you a chance. He was lights out at the end, always annoys me why he can't do that for 60 minutes.

He was well down the list of things that lead to us losing, but even as a huge supporter I'm not crazy enough to suggest he's immune from blame.

Bend but don't break defense?

I would love it if you went back and actually watched every Packers game from 2009 and every Saints game from 2008.

I'd be willing to bet your opinion of both Brees and Rodgers would be very similar to what it is of Sanchez right now.

And no, that is not me making an excuse for Sanchez. If fact, quite the contrary. Both of those guys made bad passes here and there and threw boneheaded picks that came back to bite them later in games. It's one of the many reasons those teams missed the playoffs.

Most people look at their overall stats and wonder how those teams didn't win more. I'd be willing to bet their fan bases, you know, the people who actually watch every game they play, had plenty of people like you who bitched about Brees and Rodgers the same way you are bitching about Sanchez now,

The reality is that Sanchez is playing better. The run game is also significantly worse which helps put him in worse situations on third down more often and the o-line is not protecting him as well as they have in the past. It also doesn't help to have an arrogant moron as offensive coordinator who is incapable of making adjustments.

Sanchez is never going to be perfect, but guess what neither is Tom Brady, whose four picks were a huge part of the reason the Pats lost today. The guy threw four picks all of last year, and then threw four in one game. It happens to the best of them.

You know what I'd like to see. A game where at the end, you can say, "Sanchez played well all game". When will that happen?

Ultimately, this game is not on Sanchez, if you need to assign blame in that manner.

However, this game was typical Sanchez. Literally the only difference this week is that the defense stunk and Cromartie took the kick and kicked it back... So we lost with a sub-par QB performance instead of won with one.

Sanchez's capable of making plays and he did, but he has an amazing tendency to disappears for stretches of the game. He does that for wins and losses. He has a knack for putting it together in the end vs. the bend but don't break defense, but sometimes, it's too little to late. Today was one of those times.

Now, sure, the O-line didn't help, and that's a part of the issue. But it's not the whole issue.

The truth is, while he's shown 'improvement' statistically, where he's shown 0 improvement is in his decision making and vision. The INT today was also classic Sanchez. It's not a pick where a defender made a good play, hell, maybe 1 pick this year was. It's one where he just threw the ball and hoped for the best. It was awful, and it's a mistake rookies shouldn't make. It's at least the 3rd one of those this year. His decision making is Brett Favre bad, without the huge arm to back it up. The fact that he doesn't see the whole field is just icing on that cake.

At present, Sanchez may be improving with his completion percentage (and even throwing more TD's), but he's done nothing to demonstrate he has the head for this game. I don't know what the future holds for him, for every Drew Brees example, there are 20 guys who weren't very good in their 3rd year and stayed that way.

Hope I'm wrong. But, he's shown nothing for me to believe he's ever going to take the next step.

I cant believe this as turned into an other Sanchez thread. McFadden was the reason we lost he's blistering. Our OLB's are Big old and very slow. The toss pitch outs he looked like he could go all the way on every one. No pass rush at all the a key, we just can't create pressure unless we Blitz. Our O-line is aweful. Mark could not even get the ball out for 3-step drops in the 3rd. No push up front in the run game at all. Any wonder why Marks thrown the ball near 50 times per game. This loss is nothing to do with Q.B play. All our weakness where exposed by a run first, Team with a Big strong D-line.

I don't think anyone ignores this. Sanchez is better in essentially every statistical category. The problem being that previously he was as bad as you can get, and now he's just not as bad as that. That's essentially the level of improvement we're talking about here. Very bad to just bad.

AH-HA! IMPROVEMENT!!!

I'm not a figure skating judge like the rest of you guys so I don't care about style points. It's all about wins & losses.

Jets didn't win yesterday so Sanchez wasn't good enough to win. He was the 1st 2 weeks. He needs to be again next week. End of story for me.

I'm not a figure skating judge like the rest of you guys so I don't care about style points. It's all about wins & losses.

Jets didn't win yesterday so Sanchez wasn't good enough to win. He was the 1st 2 weeks. He needs to be again next week. End of story for me.

If the results are all that matter, then why bother evaluating any single player?

The truth is, Sanchez played his typical game. It wasn't very good, it was at times mind numbing, but it wasn't terrible either. If the team played better around him, they'd have won. They didn't. Problem, for the Russian Judge, at least, is that unless he elevates his game significantly, we'll be in this place as long as he's at the helm; needing everyone else to play to a high level to bail him out.

If the results are all that matter, then why bother evaluating any single player?

The truth is, Sanchez played his typical game. It wasn't very good, it was at times mind numbing, but it wasn't terrible either. If the team played better around him, they'd have won. They didn't. Problem, for the Russian Judge, at least, is that unless he elevates his game significantly, we'll be in this place as long as he's at the helm; needing everyone else to play to a high level to bail him out.

:face:

Well, the Russian judge likes to see a comparison:

Flacco ----- 54.1% - 7.4 YPA - 810 yds - 7TDs - 2INTs - 91.9 QBR (2-1 record)

Sanchez -- 63.1% - 8.0 YPA - 886 yds - 6TDs - 4INTs - 90.9 QBR (2-1)

Freeman -- 67.9% - 6.4YPA - 682 yds - 2TDs - 4INTs - 76.1 QBR (2-1)

Ryan ------- 60.7% - 6.9 YPA - 844 yds - 5TDs - 4INTs - 81.5 QBR (1-2)

So Sanchez is either on par or outperformed his contemporaries these first 3 weeks. The only one he hasn't is Stafford, who is outshining them all witha stellar season thus far.

Well, the Russian judge likes to see a comparison:

Flacco ----- 54.1% - 7.4 YPA - 810 yds - 7TDs - 2INTs - 91.9 QBR (2-1 record)

Sanchez -- 63.1% - 8.0 YPA - 886 yds - 6TDs - 4INTs - 90.9 QBR (2-1)

Freeman -- 67.9% - 6.4YPA - 682 yds - 2TDs - 4INTs - 76.1 QBR (2-1)

Ryan ------- 60.7% - 6.9 YPA - 844 yds - 5TDs - 4INTs - 81.5 QBR (1-2)

So Sanchez is either on par or outperformed his contemporaries these first 3 weeks. The only one he hasn't is Stafford, who is outshining them all witha stellar season thus far.

Stafford is doing a great job this year. Unfortunately the guy is made of glass. Sanchez is improving, I can't complain about his overall play this year.

yea i actually changed that before i saw your post i believe those two are the same so i called em tied. guess sanchez edged him out But still lol comparing him to henne

But even your change is wrong. He's not tied with Henne. He's statistically better than Henne across the board.

Interesting tidbit for Brady, Fitz, Sanchez, and Henne.

Brady & Fitz have been sacked a combined 4 times while Henne has been sacked 11 times and Sanchez 9.

But even your change is wrong. He's not tied with Henne. He's statistically better than Henne across the board.

Interesting tidbit for Brady, Fitz, Sanchez, and Henne.

Brady & Fitz have been sacked a combined 4 times while Henne has been sacked 11 times and Sanchez 9.

Wow. Considering the amount of crap the Bills oline has been given, that's pretty crazy. Either their oline is improving or Fitz is just getting the ball out quicker while Sanchez is still waiting for the play to develop.

they so similar that i just tied em for the sake of being lazy. I really dont know whose fault it is sanchez or schotty. I see all these weapons and big names and yet still nothing great on offense. Why can other teams do so much with what seems to me so little. who the heck is denarius moore and why dont we have any random guys who happens to be amazing?

Wow. Considering the amount of crap the Bills oline has been given, that's pretty crazy. Either their oline is improving or Fitz is just getting the ball out quicker while Sanchez is still waiting for the play to develop.

I don't know what it is, but Fitz has only been sacked 1 time in 3 games. That's amazing.

they so similar that i just tied em for the sake of being lazy. I really dont know whose fault it is sanchez or schotty. I see all these weapons and big names and yet still nothing great on offense. Why can other teams do so much with what seems to me so little. who the heck is denarius moore and why dont we have any random guys who happen to be amazing?

Look at the Bills making strides with Stevie Johnson and Donald Jones, one drafted in the 7th round and one undrafted?!? >.<

they so similar that i just tied em for the sake of being lazy. I really dont know whose fault it is sanchez or schotty. I see all these weapons and big names and yet still nothing great on offense. Why can other teams do so much with what seems to me so little. who the heck is denarius moore and why dont we have any random guys who happen to be amazing?

Of course you tied em together because you've already given up on Sanchez and hoped he got hurt so McElroy could get some experience. You said so in another thread. Or do I have you mistaken for someone else???

Archived