Longtime Jets Fan 1960-NAMATH

Schmidt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQqIQyT-RuM

So... It's ok that Joe Namath predicted that we'd win a championship with "Chad Pennington"... And then goes on and on about how Chad's a great QB etc, etc... But Rex Ryan is wrong for not only believing in his team, but also having his team believe in themself? It's obviously been working with Rex Ryan running the show.

I guess it's safe to say, that Namath gave Pennington too much credit. Because of Namath, Pennington "bought into his hype". Two can play this game Joe. Two can play it.

Also, during that same interview, drunk or not... He made it known how he could "care less" about the Jets struggles, but now... He cares? It's always all about Joe Namath. No matter how drunk I could get during a game, you'd NEVER hear me say that I could care less about the Jets struggles. I love Joe Namath the player, he wasn't the greatest QB of all-time (stat wise) but he was once heck of a player. Other than that? He talks too much.

Don't question the head coach who's turned our franchise around, while winning like no other Jets head coach has ever won.

Archived