How many passes does Sanchez throw this Sunday?

AFJF

If we couldn't run on Oakland, we won't be able to run on Bal. 45 attempts sound about right?

I'd say some where between 40-45. We'll try to establish the run and will fail. Playing from behind will increase his number of attempts....he might even go over 45. He is the Jets only offensive threat right now, so I expect to pass...a lot.

It might be smart to actually come out and try to spread the Ravens out. Set up the run with the pass. I'd actually be really happy if we came out in shotgun, up tempo and spread'em wide and keep LT in the backfield. Would really love to see that...but I doubt it.

My prediction. Run up the gut, 1 yard. Run up the gut again, 1 yard. 3rd and 8, forces a throw to Keller who is double teamed. 3 and out. We'll repeat that till we're down by 2 TD's and then we'll throw throw throw.

Again, I see yet another game that will be pass heavy. I know the Jets will try and establish the run again, but the toughest part of the Raven's D is up front. I expect a lot of play action fakes. If Mangold is in, we should ground and pound it early, but if not, we should get Sanchez on a roll early. This is going to be a hard fought game and we need to earn it.

I'd say some where between 40-45. We'll try to establish the run and will fail. Playing from behind will increase his number of attempts....he might even go over 45. He is the Jets only offensive threat right now, so I expect to pass...a lot. It might be smart to actually come out and try to spread the Ravens out. Set up the run with the pass. I'd actually be really happy if we came out in shotgun, up tempo and spread'em wide and keep LT in the backfield. Would really love to see that...but I doubt it. My prediction. Run up the gut, 1 yard. Run up the gut again, 1 yard. 3rd and 8, forces a throw to Keller who is double teamed. 3 and out. We'll repeat that till we're down by 2 TD's and then we'll throw throw throw.

Keller will catch it but 2 yards short of the 1st down..

My prediction. Run up the gut, 1 yard. Run up the gut again, 1 yard. 3rd and 8, forces a throw to Keller who is double teamed. 3 and out. We'll repeat that till we're down by 2 TD's and then we'll throw throw throw.

Nice prediction. Nobody is forcing him to throw it to Keller. If Keller is double covered there are other options on the field. I know it's all Schottenheimer's fault, but he could try throwing to Holmes or Burress or whoever doesn't have safety help and risk having Schottenheimer yell at him for getting the first down.

Sanchez has been hurt in every game so far....its just a matter of time.

Wah! Wah! Wah! Our QB got hit! We have been spoiled by having a good O Line for the past few years. Watch another game. Every QB gets rocked and most of them don't hold the ball as long as Sanchez. I find it ironic that everybody here thinks it's so easy to get a pass rush because "every team" has better pass rushers than ours, but the Jets are supposed to neutralize everybody. FWIW, the Jets were helping Hunter some on Sunday. Greene was chipping in particular. They protected him very well in the first half. In the second half I guess they loosened the protection somewhat playing catch up to get guys into their routes faster.

I'm not sure if this statistic is tracked by the NFL, but it would be interesting to see which QB's do indeed have the longest time to throw the ball while standing in the pocket on 5 to 7 step drops.

I doubt they capture the stats at that level, but I can pretty much guarantee that if they did, Sanchez would not be at the top of the list in terms of having the most time to throw. Based on what I've seen this year, the Jets would be in, at least, the bottom half of the league as it pertains to giving their QB the best protection.

For the most part this season, Sanchez has been either running for his life on straight drops, or gettin' knocked on his a$$ before he can even set up to throw.

I'm not sure if this statistic is tracked by the NFL, but it would be interesting to see which QB's do indeed have the longest time to throw the ball while standing in the pocket on 5 to 7 step drops.

I doubt they capture the stats at that level, but I can pretty much guarantee that if they did, Sanchez would not be at the top of the list in terms of having the most time to throw. Based on what I've seen this year, the Jets would be in, at least, the bottom half of the league as it pertains to giving their QB the best protection.

For the most part this season, Sanchez has been either running for his life on straight drops, or gettin' knocked on his a$$ before he can even set up to throw.

My thoughts exactly, which makes what Sanchez has done thus far through 3 games (QB rating of 90+) that much more impressive.

He's coming into his own, and he's also improved each and every offseason since being drafted into the league back in 2009. This kids a winner, and I can't wait to see what he's able to do against a very good Ravens defense.

This should be one hell of a game come Sunday night.

Running up the middle at Ngata is waste of time; expect several wasted downs through the first hlaf, followed by play action that fools no one.

45 times.

This is becoming a theme when you face a big lunk like Seymour, Hampton or Ngata at DT; RUN FRICKING WIDE ALREADY. Schitty the 'tard, of course, damn the opponent, is going to run right at the strength of the opponent's defense. Again.

My thoughts exactly, which makes what Sanchez has done thus far through 3 games (QB rating of 90+) that much more impressive.

He's coming into his own, and he's also improved each and every offseason since being drafted into the league back in 2009. This kids a winner, and I can't wait to see what he's able to do against a very good Ravens defense.

This should be one hell of a game come Sunday night.

Yep. When you think of all the things working against Sanchez (awful Oline, no Running Game, new WR's, incompetent OC)...I'm literally shocked at how well he's produced. If you would have told me that our Oline could pass protect to save their lives and our running game was as pathetic as its been, I would have predicted Sanchez to implode...but he's actually stepped up and been the only thing keeping us in games on offense.

Running up the middle at Ngata is waste of time; expect several wasted downs through the first hlaf, followed by play action that fools no one.

45 times.

This is becoming a theme when you face a big lunk like Seymour, Hampton or Ngata at DT; RUN FRICKING WIDE ALREADY. Schitty the 'tard, of course, damn the opponent, is going to run right at the strength of the opponent's defense. Again.

Like I said, I'm fully predicting our first 2 plays we'll run right at Ngata. Leaving us with 3rd and long and a 3 and out. Book it.

Nice prediction. Nobody is forcing him to throw it to Keller. If Keller is double covered there are other options on the field. I know it's all Schottenheimer's fault, but he could try throwing to Holmes or Burress or whoever doesn't have safety help and risk having Schottenheimer yell at him for getting the first down.

No he can't. That would mean looking at more than 1 non-RB receiver. But clearly Schottnheimer has commanded Sanchez to force it to the primary target regardless of the coverage, and has done that with Sanchez from the very beginning.

But choice of which receiver to throw to notwithstanding, I do find JiF's play-call prediction pretty plausible (if not outright likely). Except he left out the alternative that Sanchez is permitted to audible into on the 2nd down play, which is a WR sideline screen for 0-2 yards if completed. My favorite play of all time.

Archived