ALDS Predictions Thread

CrazyCarl40

My thoughts:

American League

Rangers over Rays - The Rays can't hit, the Rangers can. The Rays can pitch but so can the Rangers. The Rangers bullpen is pretty good too. I don't see the Rays getting out of the ALDS alive.

Tigers over Yankees - The Yankees gave away the game last night and that will anger the baseball Gods. Verlander and Fister are rolling right now. CC will have to be at the top of his game because the number 2 and 3 guys are not as good as what the Tigers will be throwing out there. The Tigers can also rake just as well as the Yankees. The bullpens are about even. So this comes down to the starting pitching that advantage goes to the Tigers.

National League

Phillies over Cardinals - Does this even have to be explained? The Phillies starting pitching is just filthy and that's why they are my bet to win it all. They have to hope their offense can get it done, and they should be able to against the Cards. If Adam Wainwright was healthy, this might be a different series.

Brewers over Diamondbacks - Both are good teams with good stories, but I like the pitching of the Brewers more than I do the Diamondbacks. This one might be decided with home field and that goes to the Brewers.

Who does everyone else have?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the greatest assemblage of baseball talent since the 1927 Yankees in this? The golf course?

Predictable and lame. Move on. Everyone else has. This is a predictions thread and therefore should have nothing to do with the Red Sox. Surprise, surprise, and obsessed Yankee fan posts about them. Pathetic.

Dude, shut up. Go away...your team blew it. No ones fault but their own. The Yankees didnt upset anyone, its their right to play whomever they want. The game was meaningless to them and there's no such thing as momentum in baseball anyways. And the Tigers lineup isnt as good as the Yankees.

Aside from the "baseball gods" crap, I'd say Carl called it about right. Of course I'm hoping he's wrong about Yanks/Tigers, but the Tigers are hot and the Yankee starters have not been setting the world on fire. If CC beats JV in the opener, however, Detroit is in trouble.

Dude, shut up. Go away...your team blew it. No ones fault but their own. The Yankees didnt upset anyone, its their right to play whomever they want. The game was meaningless to them and there's no such thing as momentum in baseball anyways. And the Tigers lineup isnt as good as the Yankees.

Well someone woke up on the wrong side of their boyfriend this morning. I believe you have missed the point of this thread. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit I take it?

The Tigers were 4th in runs scored and 4th in OPS. They can hit just fine.

Aside from the "baseball gods" crap, I'd say Carl called it about right. Of course I'm hoping he's wrong about Yanks/Tigers, but the Tigers are hot and the Yankee starters have not been setting the world on fire. If CC beats JV in the opener, however, Detroit is in trouble.

Which isn't exactly out of the realm of possibilities.

Well someone woke up on the wrong side of their boyfriend this morning. I believe you have missed the point of this thread. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit I take it?

The Tigers were 4th in runs scored and 4th in OPS. They can hit just fine.

Ah a gay joke. Coming from the guy who wants to blow Sidney Crosby.

The point of this thread is basically you having a tempter tantrum because the Red Sox choked and turning your frustrations at the Yankees. Grow up.

Ah a gay joke. Coming from the guy who wants to blow Sidney Crosby.

The point of this thread is basically you having a tempter tantrum because the Red Sox choked and turning your frustrations at the Yankees. Grow up.

Really? I want to blow Crosby? My girlfriend is going to be so disappointed.

This thread is about predictions. It has nothing to do with the Red Sox. I honestly feel the Tigers will beat the Yankees. Apparently so do some Yankees fans. I don't know what you think because you haven't stated your opinion. You and your Yankees cohorts have tried to hi-jack a thread about baseball and turn it into a thread about the Red Sox. Why don't you take a bit of your own advice and grow up?

On 9/29/2011 at 9:23 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Really? I want to blow Crosby? My girlfriend is going to be so disappointed.

This thread is about predictions. It has nothing to do with the Red Sox. I honestly feel the Tigers will beat the Yankees. Apparently so do some Yankees fans. I don't know what you think because you haven't stated your opinion. You and your Yankees cohorts have tried to hi-jack a thread about baseball and turn it into a thread about the Red Sox. Why don't you take a bit of your own advice and grow up?

Once you typed the phrase "baseball gods" it was pretty easy to see through your bullsh*t. Jesus christ.

Once you typed the phrase "baseball gods" it was pretty easy to see through your bullsh*t. Stop being a faggot. Jesus christ.

Sorry for trying to infuse a little humor into my post. Obviously Mystique and Aura will overpower the Baseball Gods.

And nice personal attack. Always the sign of someone losing the argument. Congrats!

On 9/29/2011 at 9:27 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sorry for trying to infuse a little humor into my post. Obviously Mystique and Aura will overpower the Baseball Gods.

And nice personal attack. Always the sign of someone losing the argument. Congrats!

My man you started with it

Just saying, if the Yankees just choked away September to the Red Sox, I probably wouldn't be here explaining why said team wont win their first round series because of the "baseball gods." It's transparent and reeks of being a sore loser.

My man you started with the gay sh*t.

Just saying, if the Yankees just choked away September to the Red Sox, I probably wouldn't be here explaining why said team wont win their first round series because of the "baseball gods." It's transparent and reeks of being a sore loser.

It was a joke. Get over it. You are ruining this prediction thread. And I am such a sore loser that I said in another thread that Ellsbury won't win the MVP now and that it should go to Verlander. Yup. That's me. Sore loser. I could start a Yankees elimination thread, but I'd rather talk baseball. If you can't do that, please find yourself out of this thread. It's that simple.

It was a joke. Get over it. You are ruining this prediction thread. And I am such a sore loser that I said in another thread that Ellsbury won't win the MVP now and that it should go to Verlander. Yup. That's me. Sore loser. I could start a Yankees elimination thread, but I'd rather talk baseball. If you can't do that, please find yourself out of this thread. It's that simple.

Ellsbury is a much better MVP candidate than Verlander is. Elssbury will and probably should win it honestly.

Elssbury/Bautista

Cabrera

Granderson

btw, who won the games last night?

Ellsbury is a much better MVP candidate than Verlander is. Elssbury will and probably should win it honestly.

Elssbury/Bautista

Cabrera

Granderson

btw, who won the games last night?

Nobody on a team that had the greatest collapse in MLB history deserves an MVP

Predictable and lame. Move on. Everyone else has. This is a predictions thread and therefore should have nothing to do with the Red Sox. Surprise, surprise, and obsessed Yankee fan posts about them. Pathetic.

I think there is something about being a die-hard fan of one team that automatically makes you "hate" your primary rival. It's interesting how it's almost as pleasurable wallowing in the rivals misery as it is celebrating your own favorite teams success. It's weird, but it's there.

As far as the Red Sox go, it was a fitting end. The went out the way they came in. Sucking. An ensemble of high priced prima-donna's who melted under the pressure. As far as I am concerned, not enough misery can come Larry Luccino, John Henry, Tom Werner and Theo Epstein's way. They made the Red Sox into a "nation." Where merchandise sales, pink hat bandwagon building, and selling the "fenway (funway) experience." Made me gag and has made me dislike the Sox - a lot. Unfortunately, good guy Tito will take the bullet for this and his contract will not be renewed. A man that brought two WS Champsionships to the area - and not that long ago - forsaken. Good for him. Hope he ends up someplace less stressful and I hope he wins there. Papi will be gone. Youk - maybe. Paps - could be. Drew - definitely. Theo - strong possibility. I predict the Sox will suck for a while while Lyin' Larry, Henry and Werner try their best to "sell" product.

On another note: John Lacky can go f himself. I hope this off-season is as bad as his in-season. I don't care how much you hate your wife.....you do not file divorce papers after your wife had a double mastectomy and still undergoing chemotherapy. For the love of baseball, you piece of manure - could you wait a year at least? What a pile of poop that man is. Disgusting.

As much as I hate lackey and want him gone, I'll reserve judgement on his personal life. No one knows what the whole situation is.

I think they bring back Papi and Youks isn't going anywhere either. JD Drew is way gone. Paps probably too.

Youkilis is breaking down before your eyes. If he does come back, how long do you think he'd last? Papi is probably gone, maybe Youk as DH?

Nope, don't know the entire situation re: d-bag Lacky, but I do know his wife had a double mastectomy and she had a chemo treatment about amonth ago, and he is the one that filed for divorce. He can go eat a bag of nails. I hope there is someway she can get every penny of his Red Sox money. Every penny.

Youkilis is breaking down before your eyes. If he does come back, how long do you think he'd last? Papi is probably gone, maybe Youk as DH?

Nope, don't know the entire situation re: d-bag Lacky, but I do know his wife had a double mastectomy and she had a chemo treatment about amonth ago, and he is the one that filed for divorce. He can go eat a bag of nails. I hope there is someway she can get every penny of his Red Sox money. Every penny.

Right, but you have no idea about their relationship at all. Lance Armstrong, a cancer survivor, left Sheryl Crow while she was being treated for cancer. So I guess he is a dbag too. Except I don't know him or pretend to. It's easy to look at things from the outside and judge.

And why would they not bring Papi back? He had a great season and he should be back. Youks will be fine. He is under contract. If he is breaking down, who would take him?

You will see some changes, but I doubt they do anything major. They do have some money coming off the books, but they need to get a right fielder and some pitching. Everything else will be fine.

Would you rather be the guy that cheated on his wife when she had cancer or the one that divorced her?

Right, but you have no idea about their relationship at all. Lance Armstrong, a cancer survivor, left Sheryl Crow while she was being treated for cancer. So I guess he is a dbag too. Except I don't know him or pretend to. It's easy to look at things from the outside and judge.

And why would they not bring Papi back? He had a great season and he should be back. Youks will be fine. He is under contract. If he is breaking down, who would take him?

You will see some changes, but I doubt they do anything major. They do have some money coming off the books, but they need to get a right fielder and some pitching. Everything else will be fine.

I do think Lance Armstrong is a d-bag. He redeems himself with the livestrong thing....a worthy endeavor....but then took a step back with the mounting evidence of PED usuage. So, yah, he's a jerk too.

BTW, in case you haven't noticed, I can be pretty judgemental. ;) You are right, I don't know anything more than what I have read. But boy, oh boy, does he look like an a@@hole. Further, there is nothing about his demeanor on the field, or after the games, that make me want to reconsider my opinion of him.

1) Papi is 'gonna want to get paid. They won't.

2) In that case, Youk at DH. He'll last three months in the infield.

3) Papelbon will want to get paid. They won't.

I do think Lance Armstrong is a d-bag. He redeems himself with the livestrong thing....a worthy endeavor....but then took a step back with the mounting evidence of PED usuage. So, yah, he's a jerk too.

BTW, in case you haven't noticed, I can be pretty judgemental. ;) You are right, I don't know anything more than what I have read. But boy, oh boy, does he look like an a@@hole. Further, there is nothing about his demeanor on the field, or after the games, that make me want to reconsider my opinion of him.

1) Papi is 'gonna want to get paid. They won't.

2) In that case, Youk at DH. He'll last three months in the infield.

3) Papelbon will want to get paid. They won't.

I agree Lackey's on field antics are intolerable and I hope they can unload him somewhere.

Papi isn't going to want much and he'll be back. He still has a few good years in him. Youks will be fine in the field.

Paps is probably gone. Take the 12 million or more he wants and solidify the pen.

The Rays and Yankees are the only two American League teams, over the past 4 years, that have made the playoffs 3 times.

I have a strong feeling, 2011 is the year, where the Rays and Yankees finally meet during the playoffs. Should make for a great ALCS.

Rays over Rangers and Yankees over Tigers during the ALDS.

I could care less about the National League, but as a Rays fan... I hope that he Phillies advance to the World Series, for a potential rematch and revenge of the Phillies for beating us back in 2008.

I also find it funny, how this Red Sox fan says the Rays have "no offense", when we've averaged 4.88 runs per game during the month of September. It's not how you start (ask the Red Sox), it's how you finish (see the Rays).

And as of right now... The Rays are playing just as good of baseball, in terms of hitting, pitching and fielding, as any team in the majors.

The Rangers beat us last year during a game 5 of the ALDS, it's not happening again. We came out FLAT that series, as of right now; we're full of momentum.

Yankees vs Rays during the ALCS.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect you as a poster here. But these sentiments feel dirty. I have no idea what Mr. and Mrs. Lackey are going through. I wouldn't wish divorce or cancer on anyone. Seems John Lackey hasn't handled this weel at all, but no on else is living his mess. may be he is a jerk but may be he's beset by some other terrible things that no person can really handle well.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect you as a poster here. But these sentiments feel dirty. I have no idea what Mr. and Mrs. Lackey are going through. I wouldn't wish divorce or cancer on anyone. Seems John Lackey hasn't handled this weel at all, but no on else is living his mess. may be he is a jerk but may be he's beset by some other terrible things that no person can really handle well.

Okay, I get it, I'm being harsh. And, yes, his personal life should not be a point of discussion regarding his performance on the field - which sucked. Maybe I just feel bad for her. Cancer is a bad, bad thing. Having to have a double-mastectomy has to be devastating. I hope she lives a great, happy, cancer-free life. I'll leave it at that.

The Rays have one hitter with an OpS of .850 or higher. That's not good.

But we do have 5 players with an OPS of over 800 in Jennings, Kotchman, Zobrist, Joyce and Longoria.

Lets not forget, Joyce, Upton, Joyce and Longoria all have over 19 HR's.

We also lead the american league in stolen bases, with 7 players having double digits in steals.

You haven't watched this Rays team on a nighlty basis, you haven't seen what this offense can do with the pressure on; you're going off of box scores and "stats". By you saying "Evan Longoria is the only offensive threat the Rays have" etc, just goes to show how little you really know about our lineup.

Regardless, everyone starts off 0-0-0 come game 1 of the playoffs. Regular season "stats" mean nothing from here on out, and trust me, the Rays have an offense full of talented players who can swing the bat and put up runs in Desmond Jennings, BJ Upton, Evan Longoria, Ben Zobrist, Matt Joyce, Casey Kotchman and last but not least; Johnny Damon. All of these guys can put up offensive production; all of these guys have put up offensive production here in 2011.

This isn't a bad lineup, plenty of playoff potential with these kids, but most importantly? This team features top of the line pitching with a defense to back em up.

And yet they will still get housed by Texas. Trust me, I'm hoping for some karma and the Rays and Yanks to meet in the ALCS and the Yanks get what is coming to them. It's not going to happen.

You dont understand baseball then. These 5 game series are designed for anything to happen. It's how baseball stays relevant.

And yet they will still get housed by Texas.

Yup, and I'm also sure you were one of the first Boston fans to say, that the Rays had no chance at the playoffs heading into September 9 full games out of Boston. I'll take what you have to say with a grain of salt.

The Rays won 91 games. The Rangers won 96 games.

But you know what? The Rays winning 91 games was much more impressive, especially considering the fact that the AL East is by far the toughest divison in all of baseball. The AL West? Not so much.

The ONLY team that the Rangers had to compete with, were the Angels who only finished 10 games above .500. Who else? How about Seattle (67-95) and Oakland (74-88). What a laughing stock-joke of an easy schedule.

Who have the Rays competed with? The Yankees (97-65), Red Sox (90-72) and even the Blue Jays finished with a .500 record. Put the Rays inside of the AL West for an entire season, and the Rays win 100+.

The Rays are without question, the much better team when compared to the Texas Rangers. A team that's been a product of an easy schedule. Put the Rangers inside of the AL East, and they win no more than 83-86 games.

Heck, you can take our last place O's team, stick them inside of the AL West, and I guarantee that Baltimore finishes as a 3rd place team out there in the West. The O's are without a doubt, a better ball club when compared to the A's. The A's may have finished 5 games ahead of Baltimore, but then again, it's not the O's fault that they've been forced to play the Yankees, Rays, Red Sox and even Jays were .500.

Archived