Radiohead is throwing free concert in NYC today at 4pm.

vinnys025

Any JN members part of this "occupation" of wall st???

One of my buddies from work here in Boston is involved in it up here... me personally? I figured I'd go out to dinner, have a couple drinks and then go home and see if I can get my girlfriend to fool around tonight instead.

Lolz angry hipsters

http://online.wsj.co...1622963488.html

Jesse Shapell, 25, asked police officers about the location of the concert and was told it was a hoax. "What bothers me more is that I felt tricked by rumor and circumstance," he said. "I think it would be great to see them, but you can't trick people into joining a movement if they just want to see music."

The above and the original title of this thread are one of the most perplexing things about today's 20-40 or so crowd that I just don't get. It is by far the most highly educated demographic in history, yet too often people will forward on anything as fact just because it got posted on Facebook or twitter. This thread for instance, the entire thread was built on the premise that the show was actually happening, but if you actually were to click on the link and read it for yourself, you'd have read an article on how this is a non-existent concert that was just a rumor, it was not happening. The band stated numerous times, way before the rumored time, that they weren't playing. It was debunked by several outlets by 1:30 as completely fabricated. But hey, it's on your social media newsfeed, no need to go beyond that. Far be it from going one step further to purport a hoax I guess.

Lolz angry hipsters

http://online.wsj.co...1622963488.html

The above and the original title of this thread are one of the most perplexing things about today's 20-40 or so crowd that I just don't get. It is by far the most highly educated demographic in history, yet too often people will forward on anything as fact just because it got posted on Facebook or twitter. This thread for instance, the entire thread was built on the premise that the show was actually happening, but if you actually were to click on the link and read it for yourself, you'd have read an article on how this is a non-existent concert that was just a rumor, it was not happening. The band stated numerous times, way before the rumored time, that they weren't playing. It was debunked by several outlets by 1:30 as completely fabricated. But hey, it's on your social media newsfeed, no need to go beyond that. Far be it from going one step further to purport a hoax I guess.

it's the need for speed, clicking on links is for newbs ! I post on another board where political threads are allowed, and someone posted an article about obama from the onion or some other parody site where the article claimed obama thought americans were lazy and doing a bad job and he only approved of 10% of them.

about 50 people ran with it like it was real.

it made for many chuckles

it's the need for speed, clicking on links is for newbs ! I post on another board where political threads are allowed, and someone posted an article about obama from the onion or some other parody site where the article claimed obama thought americans were lazy and doing a bad job and he only approved of 10% of them.

about 50 people ran with it like it was real.

it made for many chuckles

It really is priceless sometimes. I was sitting with my buddy and his fiancee a few months back, and she gets a chain email stating that Obama is pushing to institute an ATM tax for every transaction (not the AMT tax being floated around, like an actual ATM). Right on the spot she had a cow, never mind that there is a Google search engine literally built right in to her browser that would have given a big fat zero on the credibility scale for that one. This is a girl with an effing MA.

There's this one too:

http://www.zdnet.com...membership/4068

I can't even believe the amount of people I saw just copy and paste this right into their status. It's nuts. Every single outlet and the company itself debunked it, it was verifiable in literally 2 seconds with a quick search. The means of getting modern news is going right out the window and going down a far dumber route, which I didn't even think to be possible.

The collective consciousness isn't without it's bugs.

This is why the Borg haven't assimilated humanity...as a species, too many of us are completely full of sh*t.

We'd put the collective on alert with things like 'blue man group just assimilated --prepare for immediate color change'.

The collective consciousness isn't without it's bugs.

This is why the Borg haven't assimilated humanity...as a species, too many of us are completely full of sh*t.

We'd put the collective on alert with things like 'blue man group just assimilated --prepare for immediate color change'.

I was just repeating what I heard from the source....usually good info, but next time I won't be so quick to spread the word. Borg agenda? You know Lennon Honor's work?

I was just repeating what I heard from the source....usually good info, but next time I won't be so quick to spread the word. Borg agenda? You know Lennon Honor's work?

Nothing nearly so elegant. I just realized there's a good opportunity for comedy, pondering the stupid things people would do if they were borg. We'd have Borg putting their 'fecal units' in copiers, and hanging metal scrotums from the back of the cube ships.

Archived