CRO-tastrophe

Superbowlbound

Im a big fan of Antonio CRO-MATIC, his size, speed and great hands.But since joining the Jets in 09 he's been less than himself. He's been called for more holding penalties than i care to recall and has been beaten on alot of big yardage plays. I don't know if he is still learning the system or maybe he is not working as hard as he should. what ever it is he is not the big money guy i known him to be.From what I can see i think he plays the receiver why too much instead of getting his head turned around and play the ball, he is not jamming the receiver at the line which causes him to be a step or two slower. What do you make of this?

I think if you were a big fan of Cromartie you'd know we got him last year, in 2010 and not 2009. ;-)

He's a wildly inconsistent player. He can be lights out or a disaster. This has been the book on the guy since he's been in the league. Physically the most talented CB in the league but could possibly be dumber than dirt.

I think if you were a big fan of Cromartie you'd know we got him last year, in 2010 and not 2009. ;-)

He's a wildly inconsistent player. He can be lights out or a disaster. This has been the book on the guy since he's been in the league. Physically the most talented CB in the league but could possibly be dumber than dirt.

This.

I was glad when the Jets had to resign him. He hates contact.

NY was ready to ditch Crow after only 1 season when they just spent a 2nd round pick for him. That said everything.

Yep. Like most of the players the Patriots have drafted in recent years.

He's overrated and always has been. Non physical, which is a Ryan no no. Add in the fact that he never learns not to interfere and hes not that much better than Kyle Wilson at this point. Only positive is his amazing speed, and seems to play good on the ball in jump ball situations.

I was taught on the 7th grade basketball team to realize how the refs are calling the game, and adjust

cro still hasn't figured that out

Problem is they were calling it inconsistently. The penalty on Wilkerson, as opposed to the non call for trying to remove Sanchez's nose.

Problem is they were calling it inconsistently. The penalty on Wilkerson, as opposed to the non call for trying to remove Sanchez's nose.

the holding calls were flying, he had to adjust and just stop grabbing guys. he also has a rep for that. I'm sure the raiders were harping on it pre-game

Cro-Magnon?

Its always so easy to blame the refs. The NFL reviewed the film and admitted the call on Big MO was wrong BUT also said the alleged hit on Sanchez nose was not intentional nor illegal. CRO is another matter. He was flagged for the SAMY violation 4 different times. The refs might have blown one and maybe two but CRO has got to wise up and learn technique if he really wants to be a top 5 CB.

Yep. Like most of the players the Patriots have drafted in recent years.

And, who were the 2nd round players that NE was ready to can after 1 season?

Face it, the Jets didnt want Crow back and he was as good as gone after only 1 season. Crow axx raped the Jets on a new deal when there was nobody else on the CB market, but him and Samuel. And, Samuel would have cost more draft picks.

Face it, the Jets didnt want Crow back and he was as good as gone after only 1 season. Crow axx raped the Jets on a new deal when there was nobody else on the CB market, but him and Samuel. And, Samuel would have cost more draft picks.

The Jets are currently 8 million under the cap and can cut Cromartie after next year without owing him much at all.

Every player has bad games, at least once in a while. Cromartie's game against the Raiders was not his best performance by far.

But let's not get into the "cut the bum" mentality. He can still be a good player for the Jets going forward. And the team will defenitely need him.

Every player has bad games, at least once in a while. Cromartie's game against the Raiders was not his best performance by far.

But let's not get into the "cut the bum" mentality. He can still be a good player for the Jets going forward. And the team will defenitely need him.

That I can agree on he can get better and the Jets do need him.

Im a big fan of Antonio CRO-MATIC, his size, speed and great hands.But since joining the Jets in 09 he's been less than himself. He's been called for more holding penalties than i care to recall and has been beaten on alot of big yardage plays. I don't know if he is still learning the system or maybe he is not working as hard as he should. what ever it is he is not the big money guy i known him to be.From what I can see i think he plays the receiver why too much instead of getting his head turned around and play the ball, he is not jamming the receiver at the line which causes him to be a step or two slower. What do you make of this?

Guess you missed the last game? Cro's the fastest guy on our defense lol.

Some good returns notwithstanding, Cro has always scared the crap out of me in the return game. His head, arms and legs seem to be simultaneously moving in five different directions -- obviously a graduate of the Three Stooges school of KO returns.

Archived