CRO-tastrophe

Superbowlbound

Im a big fan of Antonio CRO-MATIC, his size, speed and great hands.But since joining the Jets in 09 he's been less than himself. He's been called for more holding penalties than i care to recall and has been beaten on alot of big yardage plays. I don't know if he is still learning the system or maybe he is not working as hard as he should. what ever it is he is not the big money guy i known him to be.From what I can see i think he plays the receiver why too much instead of getting his head turned around and play the ball, he is not jamming the receiver at the line which causes him to be a step or two slower. What do you make of this?

I think that its just him playing on the other side of Revis. Peoples view of Cro imo is based on what they're seeing on the other side of the field. Revis is so good that Cro is looking less than average and I think expectations of that position on this team is so high and demanding because of what Revis has done the last 2 years. Cro is going to get beat on plays....Revis will get beat once a year, if that. I think Cro, for what is being asked of him to do is having a very good year so far. DPOTW isnt a bad thing. Revis shuts down #1's at the expense of not really getting turnovers because he's rarely thrown to. Cro will get us turnovers at the expense of giving up big plays here and there. However, I must say that some of his penalties were boneheaded, not all of them...but a couple were unnecessary.

Edit: and I'll also say this about Cro. Going up against Miles Austin is a f'ing task! Dude is a beast and Cro should have had that INT, but Cro wasnt playing against some'ol #2 WR, Austin is a problem and we cant expect Cro to cover like Revis, there's only 1 Revis...and as a side note I think Nnamdi is making my statement pretty clear out there in Phila too.

Archived