Red Sox allowed pitchers to drink pitchers in the club house.

JetsFanInDenver

Excerpt:

The Boston Herald reported one divisive issue, citing sources as saying that pitchers were allowed to drink beer in the clubhouse on their off-days. A Red Sox source not only confirmed to ESPNBoston.com that was the case, but also said that it "has been going on for two years."

Link:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7040260/terry-francona-boston-red-sox-part-ways-two-titles

Not too surprised....beer is in all the clubhouses

No doubt.

I think the key words are, "the last two years."

What has been the clear short coming of the Sox as they missed the division by 7 games each time? Pitching. The Rays have allowed 1253; Yankees 1360; and Red Sox 1481. The Rays have 8 more wins and the Yankees 13. I wonder why.

Scoring was not a problem in either season, but inconsistent pitching was.

I agree with Tito's take that they need to hear a new voice. Hopefully, one that will kick them in the a$$.

So the Red Sox no longer have the manager that broke the curse.

This is a good day for Yankee fans.

It's a good day for the entire American League East. This man was one hell of a manager for Boston.

Speaking of the curse, the Chicago Cubs are a franchise who haven't won in forever. I could picture Terry Francona doing one hell of a job with the Cubs, turning that franchise around, and leading them to the playoffs year after year. He's built for it, that's for sure. What he's done in Boston has been outstanding.

The Red Sox just made a big mistake, allowing this man to walk.

It's a good day for the entire American League East. This man was one hell of a manager for Boston.

I have a funny feeling that the next manager will be alright.

I hope they don't steal Willie Randolph before the Cubs' new GM pegs him, which would be my suggestion from The Couch.

Archived