Yankees \ Tigers Series

Maxman

Surprised there was no thread for this...

After the rain out it gets interesting. Losing the aces seems to give an advantage to the Yankees since Verlander has been that good this year. Funny though that after all the talk about these two aces, both teams scored in the first inning.

Makes the game today very interesting. If Nova can go 6 innings, you can go right to Rivera! And I didn't look at the lineup in detail, on ESPN they said Leyland had it set to face CC (lefty) and now they start up against a righty (Nova).

Interesting...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously each and every postseason game is extremely important, but it shouldn't be any surprise that game one has always been key in terms of determining a future winner of that series. My question is this... In regards to Major League Baseball and 5 game series... How often has the winner of game one, gone onto win the series, percentage wise? I've tried to google it, with no success.

As far as this Yankees-Tigers series... I can't picture the Tigers being able to beat the Yankees, unless Verlander were to pitch strongly during two games. It's no secret that Sabathia is the Yankees ace, and work horse of that rotation, but I'm sorry... The Yankees can win without CC. Way too much experience inside of that Yankees club house. It starts with Jeter, and ends with Rivera.

In my eyes, there is no question about it... The Yankees are just a better overall team when compared to the Tigers. Get the game to the 7th inning, and it's tough to comeback against Robertson, Soriano and Rivera. Look at what the Yankees have done during the regular season. They won 97 games inside the toughest divison in all of baseball. Both the Rays and Red Sox won at least 90 games and even the 4th place Jays finished at .500. The Tigers may have won 95 games, but in my eyes, they've been a product of a weak schedule, due to an awful divison. Who have the Tigers been forced to compete with? The 80-82 Indians? 79-83 White Sox? 71-91 Royals? 63-99 Twins? Get real.

Don't worry Yankee fans, with or without Verlander... You all should have no problems getting past the overrared Tigers. I may not care for the Yankees, but I respect them as a team, and know HOW TOUGH it is trying to make it out of the AL East.

Verlander looked like crap yesterday, Yankees would have won I think.

btw if CC cant go 2x now, how is this advantage yankees?

The Yankees are positioned better in game 1 (they got an extra inning out of CC :). But this now becomes a bullpen heavy series and that is where the Yankees leave their mark. Plus as good as CC is, Verlander has been better this year.

The Yankees are positioned better in game 1 (they got an extra inning out of CC :). But this now becomes a bullpen heavy series and that is where the Yankees leave their mark. Plus as good as CC is, Verlander has been better this year.

Homey, best chance to beat Verlander is to use the short porch. Beating him in Detroit? Much harder.

I hope Theo stays personally. I was a big fan of the work he did last offseason. Hopefully he can find the next Lackey this year!

Sigh.......

Sadly, Lackey is not going anywhere with 3 years and 49 million still on his contract.

This series is rough on my kids. Granderson was (still is) their favorite Tiger, and they have a hard time wanting Detroit to win and seeing Grandy as a Yankee.

They have this book, it's one of their favorites. :)

51jwA14Z7uL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Well then the start of this game was a little conflicting for them with Granderson's triple.

Soriano.

I'll be the first to admit, I miss him as my teams closer. The greatest closer our fan base has ever seen in a Rays uniform. Losing him to an AL East rival really did hurt our fan base during the offseason, but at the same time, he's been less than impressive for the Yankees this season, but then again, after watching the greatest closer of all-time in Rivera... I'm not sure if Yankee fans will ever be pleased, impressed, comfortable or even satisfied with another closer (not named Mo) again. Yankee fans are truly blessed to have seen Rivera become the greatest closer baseball has ever seen. With all that said, we'd welcome Soriano back in TB in a split second, with open arms too. I guess not everyone can play for the Yankees, because he was lights out for us last year.

2:00 tomorrow can't come soon enough for me, consecutive loses against the Rangers is hard for me to deal with right now. No matter what happens during this postseason, at least you Yankee fans are blessed to have seen them win championship after championship. I feel hopeless as of right now.

Good night and good luck to the Yankees tonight, I'm pulling for NY, would love to see a Yankees-Rays ALCS. Also, thanks for having me as a poster here, it's been a pleasure.

Archived