Yankees \ Tigers Series

Maxman

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then the start of this game was a little conflicting for them with Granderson's triple.

True, and they were in bed at the end of the game...but they'll get over it.

Although they nearly woke up in the 6th and 7th from the 'whoosh' of all those bats swinging past pitches.

Can someone please tell me when Teixeira turned into Giambi ? His post season numbers are getting worse every year.

I don't know what you do with A-Rod at this point. He looks old and lost right now.

Man, did he have some horrible swings, or what

The guy is lost...I can't stand him

I've said it before; Yankees' hitting apporach is predicated on waiting ptichers out, running up pitch counts and hoping to get into weak AL bullpens. Problem becomes that in the postseason youa re facing superior starters who throw strikes and throw hard, like Scherzer and Verlander. Jeter in the 8th last night is diving and ducking against verlander's 100 MPH fastball, and that is not going to work. Instead on hitting in 3-1 and 2-0 counts, they are facing 1-2 and 0-2 instead. This doesn't preclude Burnett from pitching well tonight and then them Nova winning Thursday. There are a lot of bad pitchers in MLB, but not many bad starters in the playoffs. But it does mean a lot of what makes the Yankees a great lineup during the regular season works against them in the postseason.

A.J. comes up big tonight.

Good luck Yank fans and Guns as well.

I hope AJ comes up big...so far the results are good. If he can squeeze out another 3 scoreless the Yankees will be in really good shape. :)

AJ has the ability to be dominant every time he takes the mound. He also has the ability to walk 20 in a game and get blown out.

Tip of the hat to AJ.

Granderson may have very well saved the season tonight.

Just need the bullpen to finish it off.

AJ battled. I like when he takes responsibility good or bad. When Joe took him out, I feared he might complain or look pissed. He seemed to man up.

And Granderson is having an amazing night. Hopefully the bullpen gets this back to NY.

As of right now, Nova can't handle the pressure. 2-0 Tigers and he's already allowed 3 extra base hits. Two being HR's. The Yankees need to pull Nova, and pull him now for any chance of a comeback.

I like how you know it was related to the pressure, lol.

Gutsy move by Girardi bringing in Hughes after 2 innings. Nova didn't look sharp.

Hughes just caught a huge break with Young's ball going off the wall. Hughes velocity is good...hopefully he locks it down for a few.

Yep. There was no pressure in game 1.

There was. But nothing can compare to a win or go home, do or die situation/game. I seen it with Hellickson and you all just seen it with Nova. Both rookies were less than impressive. I'm guessing it's because of pressure during an elimination game. Just my thoughts.

Archived