Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Yankees \ Tigers Series

There was. But nothing can compare to a win or go home, do or die situation/game. I seen it with Hellickson and you all just seen it with Nova. Both rookies were less than impressive. I'm guessing it's because of pressure during an elimination game. Just my thoughts.

He was a rookie in game 1. Now he is playoff proven. Jeter just struck out. I guess the pressure got to him.

He was a rookie in game 1. Now he is playoff proven. Jeter just struck out. I guess the pressure got to him.

Let's not use Jeter (a future hall of fame great) as a way of comparing this Nova situation. Jeter has proven, time and time again, that he's one of the most clutch postseason players of all-time. He was born for this. He's the definition of playoff-proven. Nova on the other hand? I'm sorry, but one playoff performance doesn't make a player "playoff-proven".

If it wasn't the playoff pressure that got to Nova tonight, then when was the last time that he's allowed two HR's before the end of the 2nd inning? The Tigers had something to do with it, yes, but it was obvious watching Nova take the mound, that he wasn't ready for tonight's game. Game 1 and game 5 isn't the same thing. Nothing is like having to pitch during an elimination game. Not even game 1 of the playoffs.

Edited by JetsFanFromQueens

Girardi is going lefty - lefty in the 4th. That's interesting.

What the f is Girardi doing ?

Hughes gives up one hit and he is done now ?

Very surprised by this as well.

I was surprised too, but I guess it's not a big deal to stretch Mo and/or Robertson and/or Soriano for a 2nd inning.

It looks like they are planning on using them BOTH for two innings. Soriano in the 5th?

Got out of the jam. NICE.

Now get these bats moving....

CC is going to have to start warming up soon if they want to use him tonight!

I think they'll start Logan in the 5th, then Sori....CC will be used is we go to extras

Nervous

CC is going to have to start warming up soon if they want to use him tonight!

He's warming up right now

Weird

3-0 Yanks are done

Cano with a HR. You're a Yankees fan, have some faith bro. How many amazing Yankee comebacks have you seen dating back to 1996? This is only a 2 run game, with plenty of baseball to go. You all still have 4 at bats left heading into the 6th. The key? You all MUST get your leadoff men on from here on out. Get the leadoff man on base, and you stand a good chance of cutting into this two run lead.

The only thing is... This isn't the old Yankees stadium; so the Yankee mystique of the old ball back has pretty much been eliminated. I was not a fan of the Yankees getting a new ball park, because of history alone. Instead, you all should have remodeled the entire stadium/ball park and went from there. Kept the stadium on the same playing ground as former greats. The new Yankee stadium just doesn't have that same "feel to it".

Edited by JetsFanFromQueens

They are going to get to Valverde.

Sure hope so.

ARod's strikeout is looming large right now unfortunately.

Good job by Granderson laying off those last two pitches.

Keep your head up Yankee fans. You'll be back time and time again. Be thankful that you've been blessed with the chance to witness Yankee greatness over the years, especially dating back to 1996. As a fan base, you've been able to ENJOY multiple World Series Championships. Fans of the greatest franchise in all of sports. Great fans too.

Me? I'm a Knicks, Jets and Rays fan. How many championships have I seen or enjoyed? Zero. Seen the Knicks lose two championships back in 94 and 99. Starks was a star, but we were always one superstar away from matching Jordan and Pippen. Seen the Jets lose 3 AFC Championship games in 98, 09 and last year; and seen the Rays get blown away by the Phillies back in 2009.

Keep your head up Yankee fans, can't win em all. But yeah, what happened to the AL East? The Red Sox melting and both the Rays and Yankees failing to make it out of the first round. Classic example of the toughest divison in all of baseball. As a divison? We beat eachother up for an entire season and ran out of gas down the stretch. We'll be back. The AL East will be FUN to watch next year (as always).

Players that need to go

Swish

Posada...Showed great heart here at the end

Somehow trade Tex or Arod ....need a change there

Players that need to go

Swish

Posada...Showed great heart here at the end

Somehow trade Tex or Arod ....need a change there

A-rod's contract is unmovable. If they waived him may be they get some bites.

Sure hope so.

ARod's strikeout is looming large right now unfortunately.

Which one-of too many? You're going to have to be specific. He has apparently decided the idea of baseball is to strike out.
  • Upvote 1