Yankees \ Tigers Series

Maxman

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A-Rod needs to be traded. He's to clutch situations as Tony Romo is to the 4th quarter. Absolutely worthless. To think that douchebag is making $30,000,000 this year. WHat a ******* waste.

Players that need to go

Swish

Posada...Showed great heart here at the end

Somehow trade Tex or Arod ....need a change there

Just can't get rid of Tex, his glove alone is worth it. I honestly would LOVE if ARod was no longer on this team. I think he represents exactly what the Yankees are not about. But he sells tickets and his pursuit of the home run record will make it worth keeping him.

This team fell short in big moments all year long. Didnt have it.

When a rookie is your #2 starter, you're not a great team. End of story.

Agreed, that said they lost today because they couldn't hit and execute fundamentals (Martin infield fly with bases loaded).

A-Rod needs to be traded. He's to clutch situations as Tony Romo is to the 4th quarter. Absolutely worthless. To think that douchebag is making $30,000,000 this year. WHat a ******* waste.

Agreed. Nobody else can afford him though and he is coming off a terrible year. So as much as I hope it will, it probably won't happen.

A-rod's contract is unmovable. If they waived him may be they get some bites.

Waive him and eat the 100 million over 5 years still owed? Not sure the Steinbrenner's would be willing to do that. You're stuck with him.

The Yankees had a fine regular season and fans should be proud. At least they made the playoffs.

Just can't get rid of Tex, his glove alone is worth it. I honestly would LOVE if ARod was no longer on this team. I think he represents exactly what the Yankees are not about. But he sells tickets and his pursuit of the home run record will make it worth keeping him.

??? a-rod is EXACTLY what the yankees are all about. paying outrageous amounts of money to the biggest names they can find to try and buy championships year in and year out.

Not much you can say.

It seems the only way the Yanks get out of the first round is if they are playing the Twins.

I feel really bad for Posada. For all the crap Girardi and management put him through this year he answered with a great series.

Texieria, Swisher, A-Rod were awful the entire series. I have no idea what has happened with Texieria.

Tip your hat to the Tigers. Till the end I thought the Yanks would get to Valverde. I was wrong. Hopefully they get to the series. I was out there in April and they really do have some great fans and the ballpark is great.

As far as the Yanks are concerned. They need to take care of CC and make sure he stays.

After that, see what they can do to get some starting pitching. Garcia and Colon did a really nice job this year for them but they need to either see if the farm system has another arm or go out and get another arm or two.

Waive him and eat the 100 million over 5 years still owed? Not sure the Steinbrenner's would be willing to do that. You're stuck with him.

The Yankees had a fine regular season and fans should be proud. At least they made the playoffs.

If you waive him and someone puts in a claim, they get stck with his contract. If he clears waivers unclaimed, he can be sent to the minors, brought back, or bought out or paid in full. But the bigger picture remains-he's getting older, his production is going to continue to drop and injuries are going to affect him more and more. And his contract is an albatross, even if not financially for the Yanks.

It's also 6 more years and up to $130 million as per some reports.

If you waive him and someone puts in a claim, they get stck with his contract. If he clears waivers unclaimed, he can be sent to the minors, brought back, or bought out or paid in full. But the bigger picture remains-he's getting older, his production is going to continue to drop and injuries are going to affect him more and more. And his contract is an albatross, even if not financially for the Yanks.

It's also 6 more years and up to $130 million as per some reports.

Right, but no one is going to claim him. Most teams can't afford that number, nonetheless for a diminishing player who is going to have to be a part time DH soon. There is no way A-Rod is not going to get fully paid and by the Yankees. I have no doubt in my mind CC opts out too and gets a deal much like A-Rods.

Right, but no one is going to claim him. Most teams can't afford that number, nonetheless for a diminishing player who is going to have to be a part time DH soon. There is no way A-Rod is not going to get fully paid and by the Yankees. I have no doubt in my mind CC opts out too and gets a deal much like A-Rods.

All true. But not sure CC is going to opt out, because if the Steinbrenners and Cashman look at his less-than-dominant postseason, he might not be in line for a bigger extension and payday.Especially when you consider the debacle that A-rod has beome as he gets older. Who else is going to pay CC that kind of money? There is no market for CC, except the Yankees. He is there ace. But it looks like he gained a lot of weight from April until now.

I've been on record with this since the beginning, just a disclaimer...but I 100% completely agree. I've always HATED A Rod and always will HATE A Rod. I hate him so much since his arrival I have not been as big of a Yankee fan as I once was. Call me what you will, say it what you think but I utterly despise A Rod. Sorry but it's just how I feel.

A-Rod doesn't even have a realistic shot at the home run record anymore. That ridiculous contract is pretty much the only reason to have him on the team.

I'm afraid we Yanks fans are headed into the drought we all knew was coming. We'll still be division contenders because the Red Sox are as big a mess as we are, but the day of the Jays and Orioles may be dawning.

A-Rod doesn't even have a realistic shot at the home run record anymore. That ridiculous contract is pretty much the only reason to have him on the team.

I'm afraid we Yanks fans are headed into the drought we all knew was coming. We'll still be division contenders because the Red Sox are as big a mess as we are, but the day of the Jays and Orioles may be dawning.

Possibly. Can't see how this team changes other than in RF and possibly losing C.C. So what it comes down to is can they extend CC or whatever-not to opt out and is Nova or Hughes and a couple of farm studs enough for King Felix and would you make that trade if possible. I personally don't feel like overpaying for Wilson which is what they'll probably do.

It will be an interesting offseason for sure. But the jays and the orioles aren't a threat. The Rays will continue to be the thorn.

It will be an interesting offseason for sure. But the jays and the orioles aren't a threat. The Rays will continue to be the thorn.

Don't count them out. Showalter's plan is starting to work in Baltimore. The Jays always seem to field capable teams, but just can't quite get it together. They're going to figure it out soon. Tampa is a thorn, to be sure, but they'll lose their good players by being cheap, again.

All true. But not sure CC is going to opt out, because if the Steinbrenners and Cashman look at his less-than-dominant postseason, he might not be in line for a bigger extension and payday.Especially when you consider the debacle that A-rod has beome as he gets older. Who else is going to pay CC that kind of money? There is no market for CC, except the Yankees. He is there ace. But it looks like he gained a lot of weight from April until now.

All true, but he would be dumb not to. He can squeeze more out of the Yankees.

One, there is no slam dunk FA out there. There are some nice ones, but do you overpay for them or CC. You know CC can handle NY (59-23). Can you say that about anyone else? No.

Two, the Yankees are not bargaining from a position of strength. Do you think Cashman can low ball CC and say with a staright face we are more than willing to go with CJ (assuming they sign him), AJ, Ivan and Phil as a bargaining strategy? No way.

CC will opt out and NY will pay him. It is not like they are over paying for a past his prime Jeter or A-Rod. Give him 6 and drop the average a little lower than the 23 he is going to get now.

Cj Wilson and Roy Oswalt, neither of whom is a rock solid ace,are the only 2 prominent FA starters. More likely they run out Brackman, Betances and Banuelos to go with Nova, Hughes, CC(presumably) and whoever else is about among Colon and Garcia. Possibly they again offer some package including Montero and either Banuelos or Betances and other stuff for King Felix. But the Mariners are going to have a tough time selling that to their fanbase.

And if I have to hear one more time about Swisher and the ******* great clubhouse guy he is. Goodbye and good riddance.

Did you hear Swisher's album? He is doing covers....

Agreed though, I think a guy like Swisher would be great to have. But they should be paying him a lot less. Why guys like that get raises...pass. Put a kid out there....(and I do like Swisher btw).

Archived