Yankees \ Tigers Series

Maxman

I've been on record with this since the beginning, just a disclaimer...but I 100% completely agree. I've always HATED A Rod and always will HATE A Rod. I hate him so much since his arrival I have not been as big of a Yankee fan as I once was. Call me what you will, say it what you think but I utterly despise A Rod. Sorry but it's just how I feel.

The contract from this point out is just insane. So he is here....hopefully he gets back to a 35 home run regular season guy this way we can just complain about him during the offseason. But they need to stop batting him 4th.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't count them out. Showalter's plan is starting to work in Baltimore. The Jays always seem to field capable teams, but just can't quite get it together. They're going to figure it out soon. Tampa is a thorn, to be sure, but they'll lose their good players by being cheap, again.

History tells us this -- Showalter's team in Baltimore is going to be unstoppable the year after he gets fired.

A-Rod doesn't even have a realistic shot at the home run record anymore. That ridiculous contract is pretty much the only reason to have him on the team.

I'm afraid we Yanks fans are headed into the drought we all knew was coming. We'll still be division contenders because the Red Sox are as big a mess as we are, but the day of the Jays and Orioles may be dawning.

Not true. ARod is 36 and he needs 133 I believe to get there. He is going to get it, he has to rebound from this year obviously but if he can get 500 at bats the next 3 seasons (seasons in which he will be 37, 38 and 39) he will be really close.

1,500 at bats with anything even remotely close to his home run to at bat ratio puts him at 100 home runs.

Then you are looking at a 39 year old player that need 34 home runs to break the record. Even if he is completely broken down at that point, he can hang on and get it. As much as I don't like him I think it is realistic that he retires with close to or over 800 career home runs.

Not true. ARod is 36 and he needs 133 I believe to get there. He is going to get it, he has to rebound from this year obviously but if he can get 500 at bats the next 3 seasons (seasons in which he will be 37, 38 and 39) he will be really close.

1,500 at bats with anything even remotely close to his home run to at bat ratio puts him at 100 home runs.

Then you are looking at a 39 year old player that need 34 home runs to break the record. Even if he is completely broken down at that point, he can hang on and get it. As much as I don't like him I think it is realistic that he retires with close to or over 800 career home runs.

It is not as much of a slam dunk as it was before. His body is breaking down as a normal mid 30's body is, and you would have to expect some acceleration of breakdown due to his steroid use. 500 at bats the next 3 years is a pretty iffy proposition.

History tells us that these players usually hit a wall, and hit it hard.

Cj Wilson and Roy Oswalt, neither of whom is a rock solid ace,are the only 2 prominent FA starters. More likely they run out Brackman, Betances and Banuelos to go with Nova, Hughes, CC(presumably) and whoever else is about among Colon and Garcia. Possibly they again offer some package including Montero and either Banuelos or Betances and other stuff for King Felix. But the Mariners are going to have a tough time selling that to their fanbase.

Yanks should be all over C.J. Wilson. Would love the Mets to chase him but don't see it happening.

It is not as much of a slam dunk as it was before. His body is breaking down as a normal mid 30's body is, and you would have to expect some acceleration of breakdown due to his steroid use. 500 at bats the next 3 years is a pretty iffy proposition.

It isn't a slam dunk, definitely is a possibility that he won't get it. But I really do think the odds are in his favor. He is in good shape...the injury that hurt him late in the year was his hand. It should heal up...

But 133 over 7 or 8 years should be very possible. Especially since any team would pick him up for the sole purpose of letting him just chase it.

Personally it would be cool if he didn't get it. And I know I will root for him if he is chasing it with the Yankees. But like I said earlier, he really does represent everything that I think the Yankees are not about.

Whether A-Rod get the record or not. He will still walk away from the game as the richest player to date. What will he make by the end of his contract like half a billion ?

Not too shabby.

As far as records are concerned he can make it easy if someone figures out the undetectable steriod. Otherwise things do not look as good.

It isn't a slam dunk, definitely is a possibility that he won't get it. But I really do think the odds are in his favor. He is in good shape...the injury that hurt him late in the year was his hand. It should heal up...

But 133 over 7 or 8 years should be very possible. Especially since any team would pick him up for the sole purpose of letting him just chase it.

Personally it would be cool if he didn't get it. And I know I will root for him if he is chasing it with the Yankees. But like I said earlier, he really does represent everything that I think the Yankees are not about.

He is also 35.

With a soon to be implemented HGH test, Alex and anyone over 30 will eventually start to fade sooner (Rice) rather than later (Bonds).

Alex has not hit 140 games in the last 4 seasons. If he eventually moves to DH on a regular or permanent basis, I think he stands a better chance then being an everyday player flinging his body around trying to catch line drives.

I would like to see him get it because he is less of a tool than Bonds with Pujols eventually claiming the crown.

The contract from this point out is just insane. So he is here....hopefully he gets back to a 35 home run regular season guy this way we can just complain about him during the offseason. But they need to stop batting him 4th.

When i was watching the Tiger/Yankee series it was really strange how they would do everything they could to get around Cano and Granderson but when it came to A-rod it seemed like they just went right after him, and didn't mess around. Granderson and Cano are from another planet. This was the first time I saw them play this year but man...talk about offensive weapons. Pretty fun to watch.

I see what you money fans...sorry...yankee fans are saying about payrod. It's tough to get rid of a guy that has that kind of contract. What do you do? Bench him? put him 8th? The guy is such an egotist he will implode that team if he is relegated to 8th or 9th...or takes any kind of playing time reduction.

It's a tough spot. In the back of my mind i keep thinking that the yanks will somehow make a play for prince and unload Texaria. Has it been mentioned or is it impossible?

If only there was some medical treatment he could undergo, or some susbstances he might consume to allow his body to recover faster and build muscle mass more easily.Uh...

Archived