Ground & Pound is BACK!

Integrity28

A post a few up reminded me of that one third down where mason ran an out a yard or two from Plax... What in the hell was that about.

That was on Burress. Watch him on that play and he was totally confused. He had no idea what was being run or where he was supposed to be. The announcers picked up on it at one point and even showed him waving his arms as if to ask what was going on. That one wasnt on Schotty.

And whose fault is that?

My guess is that would be the fault of the guy that designed the offense and the guy(s) that created the offensive game plan. Most is on Schotty, but not all - Sanchez plays love, like, hate with plays every week, right? And Rex has a headset and can say "stop this" at any point in a game.

That was on Burress. Watch him on that play and he was totally confused. He had no idea what was being run or where he was supposed to be. The announcers picked up on it at one point and even showed him waving his arms as if to ask what was going on. That one wasnt on Schotty.

Oh, wasn't blaming schotty, just honestly had no idea what happened there. It's miscommunications like that, just like the line calls, that makes a team go from looking crisp to looking completely inept. Besides a few plays, it really looks like our problems stem from players being confused and or hesitant, which is forcing them to only play up to a fraction of their ability. Time will tell (sweet marley song) how everything turns out, but if the oline can get in a groove, than things will start to look up again.

In theory I wouldn't want him to give away a gameplan. It's Hermedwardsesque.

But in reality, I don't think he's giving away much. The whole planet knows the Jets are going to try to run the ball. Whether that split is 50/50 or 60/40 or 70/30, NE's preparation for the game is no different. It's not like he's announcing what the sequence of plays is going to be. I mean, BB will probably guess right a lot, but it's not like he sent BB an email with the play sequence.

So it's not my thing, but the proclamation won't matter once the game begins anyway.

Exactly and the proclamation was to the Oline, not the media. To me thats him just being a firey coach.

I'm sure this will still be a balanced attack on Sunday.

Its not a surprise the Jets want to establish the run, the surprise is they cant.

What about Sanchez? He continues to make bad decisions 3 years into the job.

Sanchez is a streaking QB. It seems he makes bad decisions and brilliant ones at equal volumn sometimes.

It's all about wins and losses for me. When he wins, I highlight the positives. When he loses, he sucks. This is a results business.

As to it being 3 yrs and still making bad decisions? I think that is the weakest point of the detractors. Eli and Big Ben have been in the NFL for nearly 10 years and they're making the same bad decision that Sanchez makes.

Sanchez is a streaking QB. It seems he makes bad decisions and brilliant ones at equal volumn sometimes.

It's all about wins and losses for me. When he wins, I highlight the positives. When he loses, he sucks. This is a results business.

As to it being 3 yrs and still making bad decisions? I think that is the weakest point of the detractors. Eli and Big Ben have been in the NFL for nearly 10 years and they're making the same bad decision that Sanchez makes.

... and sometimes those decisions are the right ones, but the defenders make even better decisions... just sayin'

Yeah, great timing Rex, go ground & pound against a crappy secondary.

How about focus on pass protection?

THIS!

The Pats run defense is okay - well, what you see of it anyway. Yah, McFadden ripped off one big run, but for the most part they did an okay job. Then again, why run against the Pats when they have the WORST SECONDARY IN THE LEAGUE! The Pats have no pass rush, no secondary, no Mayo. Pound and ground? Air and scare should be more like it. Sanchez will have enough time....if they were smart, they would employ lots of bubble/slip screens too.

I'm actually looking more forward to meeting up with gg for the game than the actual game. So far, neither team is post season worthy if you ask me.

THIS!

The Pats run defense is okay - well, what you see of it anyway. Yah, McFadden ripped off one big run, but for the most part they did an okay job. Then again, why run against the Pats when they have the WORST SECONDARY IN THE LEAGUE! The Pats have no pass rush, no secondary, no Mayo. Pound and ground? Air and scare should be more like it. Sanchez will have enough time....if they were smart, they would employ lots of bubble/slip screens too.

I'm actually looking more forward to meeting up with gg for the game than the actual game. So far, neither team is post season worthy if you ask me.

The Jets will run right at Wilfork and th heart of the Pats' front 7; it's all they do. There was no point to resigning Holmes or signing Burress if they really think they can "ground and pound". They could've brought back Woody and signing Ollie Kreutz to play guard if this was the idea. Because they do not attack weak CBs so far at all despite the mismatch our WRs should be. And instead they attack strengths week after week while introducing defenses to a bad/injured OL. Yeah, ground and pount at 400 lbers when your Ol sucks. Brilliant.

This is also bitter fruit of wasted draft picks like Gholston and Ducasse, and to lesser extent, Wilson. In fairness WIlson could still be like Bryan Thomas-solid, professional, effective starter. And that's fine. But when you wiff on picks like that you pay a price.

I dont recall the NY and Pitt coaches taking the ball out of Eli's and Bens hands in year 3 like Sanchez. Thats whats going on now.

Its time to really wonder if he is the Sanchise. I dont see it.

I dont recall the NY and Pitt coaches taking the ball out of Eli's and Bens hands in year 3 like Sanchez. Thats whats going on now.

Sadly I think so also. This is Rex's way of spinning it, which is of course all he can do. He can't come right out and say, "I want Sanchez throwing a football as infrequently as possible." Instead it's, "I want to run the ball 40x a game," or however he put it. The message is clear, though: He wants his defense off the field as much as possible, and (other than the opposition scoring 3x on defense in 1 game) he doesn't think that's too likely to happen with Sanchez dropping back to pass.

The OL play deserves a mountain of blame, to be sure, but good QBs who move around in the pocket or make the first pass-rusher miss, no matter how quickly that first guy gets in there. Sanchez, justified or not, looks totally shell-shocked. He wasn't sensing pressure when it was there and was sensing pressure when it wasn't. The worst of the worst was (think it was in the 2nd half) when a blitz up the middle was called - and was picked up perfectly by LT or Conner I think - and Sanchez still ducked down as though starting to curl into fetal position 10 feet away from it.

If he's alternating from being scared of getting hit when he's not rolling out to never anticipating pressure, there's not much Rex or Schottenheimer can do with him. Other than give the ball to RB's instead.

Sadly I think so also. This is Rex's way of spinning it, which is of course all he can do. He can't come right out and say, "I want Sanchez throwing a football as infrequently as possible." Instead it's, "I want to run the ball 40x a game," or however he put it. The message is clear, though: He wants his defense off the field as much as possible, and (other than the opposition scoring 3x on defense in 1 game) he doesn't think that's too likely to happen with Sanchez dropping back to pass.

The OL play deserves a mountain of blame, to be sure, but good QBs who move around in the pocket or make the first pass-rusher miss, no matter how quickly that first guy gets in there. Sanchez, justified or not, looks totally shell-shocked. He wasn't sensing pressure when it was there and was sensing pressure when it wasn't. The worst of the worst was (think it was in the 2nd half) when a blitz up the middle was called - and was picked up perfectly by LT or Conner I think - and Sanchez still ducked down as though starting to curl into fetal position 10 feet away from it.

If he's alternating from being scared of getting hit when he's not rolling out to never anticipating pressure, there's not much Rex or Schottenheimer can do with him. Other than give the ball to RB's instead.

I seriously can't understand why there was not a single called screen pass to LaDainian Tomlinson this past week, at least not one that I can remember (I was quite drunk). The screen passes I DO remember were intended for Greene and were short-armed throws.

It was our bread and butter (if you can call it that) against the Raiders and the only way to slow down a massive pass rush and give Sanchez some confidence. I guess the coaching staff was adamant that Greene be the every down back.

Its time to really wonder if he is the Sanchise. I dont see it.

actually i was talking to a friend of mine whose is a huge giant fan and he said that sanchez and eli are extremely similar, basically he said, and he has watched everygame of elis career that he was the same way with terrible games now and then just like sanchez, also he said that eli has something like 18 come from behind/4th quarter victories in his career (reminnd you of someone) and eli had his first 4000 yard season in 2009 which is year what ? 5? 6? sanchez flashes greatness, soooner or later hell throw it all together just hopefully not as late as eli

Just as I feared.

Sanchez and Schitty sucks, but Schitty has a longer track record of suckage.

Fault lies 100% with Rex.

The amazing thing about Schitty's track-record of suckage, is that as much as I've hated him for years, even I didn't realize how bad it was until getting into the debate yesterday and actually thinking about it and realizing the extent. For all of the excuses made for Schotty, consider the list of QBs he's been given the opportunity to work with and/or develop in his 6 years with the team (and this is excluding any players who were in camp with the Jets but never made the final roster, including Bollywood who they had in Schotty's first TC and traded away before the start of the season):

Chad Pennington

Patrick Ramsey

Kellen Clemens

Brett Ratliff

Erik Ainge

Brett Favre

Mark Sanchez

Kevin O'Connell

Mark Brunell

Greg McElroy

That's TEN QBs in 6 years, and Chad is the ONLY one who Schotty didn't have a hand in bringing in to this team. At what point do they simply admit that for all of the excuses about the QBs, the odds say that there's a good chance that there will never be one who will ever succeed under Schotty?

Archived