The Other League

I read the baseball bored pretty regularly looking for a topic on my Brewers. Now I know your teams roll in money but this is a huge year for the Brewers and for fair weather fans such as myself, there is nothing better than the 2011 Brew-crew.

The crew has a good enough team to beat the D-bags and in a five game series I would think they have enough fire power to even beat the vaunted Phillies. Seeing as it would not be a five game contest but a seven, I am really not feeling it, assuming we get out of the first round.

Our starting pitching is pretty damn good and I would contend is better than any team in the league not ending in 'elphia. The problem I see with the rotation, perhaps this is most rotations, is that you never know which Gallardo, Greinke or Marcum will show up. Believe it or not, our fourth starter, Randy Wolf has been one of our more consistent pitchers. If Gallardo stays hot and Greinke heats up a bit, this team could advance to the final round....which brings me to my next point...

There is no way this Brewer team can beat an AL foe. Our DH would be a 36 year old, a rookie, or a 41 year old who is hitting under .200. Coupled with that, our rotation got abused by the Sox and Yankees this year, and although we didn't play Detroit or Texas (if memory serves), I don't know that we could handle those offenses either.

For me it keeps coming back to the DH. Philly seems to be an odds on favorite to win the whole thing but part of that has to be they can play Howard in the DH spot and any number of quality defenders plus a quality hitter in the first base slot. The Brewers simply do not have the personnel.

I feel for Yankee fans, I really do. Your team is freaking stacked. All the best players in the league tend to congregate in your overpriced ball park but the stands still look barren even in a playoff game (2,500 bucks a seat will do that to ya). When you (the Yankees) are supposed to win every game because you are supposed to be the better team, does that take away from the fun in watching? I would think the feeling would only be rage or relief, never jubilation.

I don't envy Yankee fans. Sure your team will be there every year but whats the fun in watching when you are always picked to win. What happens if they lose?

Anyway, here's to the Brewers, I just hope I get to watch them for five more games.

I read the baseball bored pretty regularly looking for a topic on my Brewers. Now I know your teams roll in money but this is a huge year for the Brewers and for fair weather fans such as myself, there is nothing better than the 2011 Brew-crew.

The crew has a good enough team to beat the D-bags and in a five game series I would think they have enough fire power to even beat the vaunted Phillies. Seeing as it would not be a five game contest but a seven, I am really not feeling it, assuming we get out of the first round.

Our starting pitching is pretty damn good and I would contend is better than any team in the league not ending in 'elphia. The problem I see with the rotation, perhaps this is most rotations, is that you never know which Gallardo, Greinke or Marcum will show up. Believe it or not, our fourth starter, Randy Wolf has been one of our more consistent pitchers. If Gallardo stays hot and Greinke heats up a bit, this team could advance to the final round....which brings me to my next point...

There is no way this Brewer team can beat an AL foe. Our DH would be a 36 year old, a rookie, or a 41 year old who is hitting under .200. Coupled with that, our rotation got abused by the Sox and Yankees this year, and although we didn't play Detroit or Texas (if memory serves), I don't know that we could handle those offenses either.

For me it keeps coming back to the DH. Philly seems to be an odds on favorite to win the whole thing but part of that has to be they can play Howard in the DH spot and any number of quality defenders plus a quality hitter in the first base slot. The Brewers simply do not have the personnel.

I feel for Yankee fans, I really do. Your team is freaking stacked. All the best players in the league tend to congregate in your overpriced ball park but the stands still look barren even in a playoff game (2,500 bucks a seat will do that to ya). When you (the Yankees) are supposed to win every game because you are supposed to be the better team, does that take away from the fun in watching? I would think the feeling would only be rage or relief, never jubilation.

I don't envy Yankee fans. Sure your team will be there every year but whats the fun in watching when you are always picked to win. What happens if they lose?

Anyway, here's to the Brewers, I just hope I get to watch them for five more games.

Bro where you been?

And about the money -- the Yankees didn't make the playoffs for 45 straight years during the 80's and early 90's. :) So don't feel bad for all the winning they have done lately, it just don't get old.

Actually postseason baseball never gets old! Go Brewers!

Oh and the Yankee stands look baren? Yes those seats behind the plate are what they are. BUT despite the Yankees best attempts at pricing out die-hard fans, that stadium is still filled with baseball fans that love the Bombers and baseball.

Go Arizona!

Oh and the Yankee stands look baren? Yes those seats behind the plate are what they are. BUT despite the Yankees best attempts at pricing out die-hard fans, that stadium is still filled with baseball fans that love the Bombers and baseball.

I actually grew up watching the yanks so yeah, i know all about there home grown talent. Infact, the 95 team was probably my favorite sports team of all time...rough ending obviously. The seats i was refering to were only the ones behind the plate, it's just sort of sad to see a team finally price out its own fans.

I still think the yankees are the team to beat but i do hope the crew can last at least one more series. here's to hopin.

I actually grew up watching the yanks so yeah, i know all about there home grown talent. Infact, the 95 team was probably my favorite sports team of all time...rough ending obviously. The seats i was refering to were only the ones behind the plate, it's just sort of sad to see a team finally price out its own fans.

I still think the yankees are the team to beat but i do hope the crew can last at least one more series. here's to hopin.

The idea that fans are priced out of Yankee Stadium is such bull-sh*t. Go on StubHub during trhe season you can get decent seats for under 30 bucks. I always get bleacher seats (thats where I prefer to sit) for 10-15 bucks during the week. Weekened games are a little more pricier, depending on who they are playing.

Edited by Holmes Alone

I'm actually rooting for you c's. I think that lineup is awesome. Fielder and Braun are just really awesome bats, and there's guys like Morgan, Weeks, and Hart to balance it out.

Gallardo is fun to watch, and he's as tough as it gets mentally. Greinke is the star with question marks. Wolf is the seasoned vet....It's just a really well built and balanced roster that doesn't cost a whole lot.

My only problem with them is that they're Selig's team.

Edited by SenorGato

I feel Arizona taking this series. Momentum is a mother****er.

dude...i hope you're wrong but have no argument until the game is over. I'm dyin here, this might be the last time we make it in a long long time. come on crew!!!!

Gallardo is my favorite player...he has to come through. Tough match up though, this will be an epic game. (if we win)

That was way to stressful of a game for me. Holy crap i never thought i'd see the day that the brewers pen would be considered elite. Even with K Rod and Axford struggling. I really get the feeling that Saito is the best bullpen guy we have...despite Axford's great statistical season, he always seems to get into trouble but then somehow gets out of it...unlike last night's bottom 9.

Question for teams that are more versed in the post season....

How often do teams go to a three man starting rotation? I just don't see a way that we can put Wolf back out there after game 4's struggles. he was all over the map, bouncing curves, missing on his fast ball. I really think we need to go: Grienke, Marcum, Gallardo, Greinke. They will each get four days rest and maybe not go as far into games as they usually do but how can we possibly put Wolf back out there? Thoughts?

I don't know if my nerves can handle a 7 game series...this is new ground for milwaukee fans, you guys get it every year...it's a crazy season.