Yankees offseason thread

Maxman

Yankees never go to that shithole up north

Sawx come to the Bronx to win world championships

Agreed, Boggs, Clemens, Damon are some Red Sox that won in the Bronx. I can't name any Yankees that won in Boston?

Trade for Matt Cain from Giants

Trade for John Danks and Matt Thornton from White Sox.

Re-sign Eric Chavez

Sign Grady Sizemore

/offseason

Starters:

C. Russell Martin

1B. Mark Teixeira

2B. Robinson Cano

SS. Derek Jeter

3B. Alex Rodriguez

LF. Brett Gardner

CF. Curtis Granderson

RF. Nick Swisher

DH/C. Jesus Montero

Bench:

C. Francisco Cervelli

SS/2B. Eduardo Nunez

3B/1B. Eric Chavez

OF. Grady Sizemore (may eventually take over for Swisher)

Rotation:

CC Sabathia (LHP)

Matt Cain (RHP)

John Danks (LHP)

Ivan Nova (RHP)

A.J. Burnett (RHP)

Bullpen:

Mariano Rivera (RHP)

David Robertson (RHP)

Rafeal Soriano (RHP)

Matt Thronton (LHP)

Phil Hughes (RHP)

Cory Wade (RHP)

Boone Logan (LHP)

(Joba Chamberlain should be back mid April/early May)

Trade for Matt Cain from Giants

Trade for John Danks and Matt Thornton from White Sox.

Re-sign Eric Chavez

Sign Grady Sizemore

/offseason

Starters:

C. Russell Martin

1B. Mark Teixeira

2B. Robinson Cano

SS. Derek Jeter

3B. Alex Rodriguez

LF. Brett Gardner

CF. Curtis Granderson

RF. Nick Swisher

DH/C. Jesus Montero

Bench:

C. Francisco Cervelli

SS/2B. Eduardo Nunez

3B/1B. Eric Chavez

OF. Grady Sizemore (may eventually take over for Swisher)

Rotation:

CC Sabathia (LHP)

Matt Cain (RHP)

John Danks (LHP)

Ivan Nova (RHP)

A.J. Burnett (RHP)

Bullpen:

Mariano Rivera (RHP)

David Robertson (RHP)

Rafeal Soriano (RHP)

Matt Thronton (LHP)

Phil Hughes (RHP)

Cory Wade (RHP)

Boone Logan (LHP)

(Joba Chamberlain should be back mid April/early May)

What exactly are you giving up to get Cain?

I dont think acquiring Cain is realistic

I think it's far more realistic than Clayton Kershaw or Felix Hernandez. The Giants ownership team are penny pinchers, Cain is due to be paid $15 million this upcoming season, he will be a free agent after that season, the Giants will also have to pay Tim Lincecum, they have good young, and cheap pitching outside of Lincecum and Cain, plus they need offense. If don't plan to re-sign him when he hits free agency, why not trade him now?

What exactly are you giving up to get Cain?

Well, I probably should mentioned Montero might have to go in a deal for Cain. I would also include Dellin Betances, Eduardo Nunez, Austin Romine, though obviously the Giants don't need a catcher. Yankees have plenty of prospects to deal. I would also deal Swisher in a trade for Cain. Obviously this would all change my nice little neat roster above.

If the Giants don't have plans to re-sign Cain after this season, they would be crazy not to take a deal of Montero, Betances, and Nunez. Montero and Nune automatically start for them, assuming they move Montero to 1B.

Giants infield:

C. Buster Posey

1B. Jesus Montero

2B. Freddy Sanchez

SS. Eduardo Nunez

3B. Pablo Sandoval

Well, I probably should mentioned Montero might have to go in a deal for Cain. I would also include Dellin Betances, Eduardo Nunez, Austin Romine, though obviously the Giants don't need a catcher. Yankees have plenty of prospects to deal. I would also deal Swisher in a trade for Cain. Obviously this would all change my nice little neat roster above.

If the Giants don't have plans to re-sign Cain after this season, they would be crazy not to take a deal of Montero, Betances, and Nunez. Montero and Nune automatically start for them, assuming they move Montero to 1B.

Giants infield:

C. Buster Posey

1B. Jesus Montero

2B. Freddy Sanchez

SS. Eduardo Nunez

3B. Pablo Sandoval

You have changed your roster. Your original premise was not thinkable as you had it sctuructured

I dont think acquiring Cain is realistic

Unless they want to part with Montero, Betances and more.

Intriguing uy to me is Buehrle. He eats innings, solid for 5-7 innings every 5th day. With the Yankees lineup he would be a lock for 17 wins.

Unless they want to part with Montero, Betances and more.Even then, Montero needs a position with Posey.

Intriguing uy to me is Buehrle. He eats innings, solid for 5-7 innings every 5th day. With the Yankees lineup he would be a lock for 17 wins.

The guy was talking about retirement... not sure he would want to deal with pitching in NY if his desire to continue pitching is already waning.

Then again, the Yankees throwing stupid money at him could re-ignite that flame pretty quickly.

And it seems like you'd have to empty the system to trade for the 3 guys you want to trade for. Not sure why either team would trade any of those guys.

You're right...the Yankees don't have a bud with another organization they can fleece for a cup of coffee and a boston cream doughnut, who has since accepted a job from the head executive that was influential in making that deal happen in the first place

We can get that with Freddie Garcia. We need a solid #2 or #3 to compete with Nova and Hughes

You're right...the Yankees don't have a bud with another organization they can fleece for a cup of coffee and a boston cream doughnut, who has since accepted a job from the head executive that was influential in making that deal happen in the first place

Blah Blah Blah!

In the nearly 12 months since the A-Gon trade, all we have heard is Yankee Nation crying and whining that the Sox having fleeced the Padres.

Yet we have yet to hear even a plausible trade partner that would have netted the Padres more prospects or players.

I wonder why....hmmmmm,

Oh that is right, there were no better options.

Still waiting.

Archived