Worst officiating I've ever seen in my 35 years

jales22

how many penalties do they have?? 0 ???? "they have the best line in the league.." ..BS..they don't get called for anything because the Cheaters have the league wrapped around their d*ck....

This happens every week. NFL Officials are the worst in the biz. They are even worse than Hockey ref's and hockey ref's are notorious for gettin a little on the side.

The only way you beat the Pat's is to keep it out of the Ref's hands.

But we didn't need to worry about that today.

Schotty helped us keep it out of their hands.

Sorry, I'm as diehard "green and white" as they come, but I can't blame the guys in stripes for this game.

Yes, there was a call or two that could have gone either way, but that happens every week in every game.

But it it was our inability to convert on 3rd down on both sides of the ball that was our downfall today.

That and not having a good offensive game plan to attack the worse defense in the league, as well as letting a second rate running back run for a buck and a half.

We didn't deserve to win today.

The overall officiating in the NFL this season has been at an all-time horrid level. Outside of the opener where the referees called next to nothing it feels like there has been at least a half a dozen blatantly wrong calls in every other Jets game this year, on the Jets and/or their opponents, my personal favorite being the Oakland game where the officials called both roughing the passer and intentional grounding on a single play where neither occurred. But the same has been the case in every other game I've watched this year as well. If you want an idea about how bad it is, just think about how much the NFL's commentating teams are typically the biggest apologists in the world when it comes to trying to cover up the mistakes of the league and it's officials, but you hear in every game these days the crews talking about how these calls just make absolutely no sense. In tonight's GB/Atlanta game they spent a solid minute trying to figure out WTF that 15-yarder they called against GB was about after picking up the flag for fair-catch interference. Fox pays Mike Pereira to be a consultant for this kind of stuff and it seems like every time I'm watching one of their games he's once again talking about one wrong call after another. It's pathetic.

There were a few bad calls in this game for sure, but that was hardly the thing to blame for this loss, not by a long shot. That said, the NFL needs to do something to address this problem, and fast, because while I don't think this one qualifies based on how the rest of the game played out, there have absolutely been multiple games this season that have been decided by the officials. Just ask the Cardinals about their game last week against the Giants.

Yup. That was a fumble, he was switching the football to make a football move. Pathetic. Just cost us 7 points and NE has gotten EVERY call today. It's sad.

He was down by contact as soon as Pace touched him.

You want someone to blame? Sanchez.

He passed for 111 yards vs the Ravens. He passed for 166 vs the Patriots and 70 came in the prevent defense. You cant win like that.

The overall officiating in the NFL this season has been at an all-time horrid level. Outside of the opener where the referees called next to nothing it feels like there has been at least a half a dozen blatantly wrong calls in every other Jets game this year, on the Jets and/or their opponents, my personal favorite being the Oakland game where the officials called both roughing the passer and intentional grounding on a single play where neither occurred. But the same has been the case in every other game I've watched this year as well. If you want an idea about how bad it is, just think about how much the NFL's commentating teams are typically the biggest apologists in the world when it comes to trying to cover up the mistakes of the league and it's officials, but you hear in every game these days the crews talking about how these calls just make absolutely no sense. In tonight's GB/Atlanta game they spent a solid minute trying to figure out WTF that 15-yarder they called against GB was about after picking up the flag for fair-catch interference. Fox pays Mike Pereira to be a consultant for this kind of stuff and it seems like every time I'm watching one of their games he's once again talking about one wrong call after another. It's pathetic.

There were a few bad calls in this game for sure, but that was hardly the thing to blame for this loss, not by a long shot. That said, the NFL needs to do something to address this problem, and fast, because while I don't think this one qualifies based on how the rest of the game played out, there have absolutely been multiple games this season that have been decided by the officials. Just ask the Cardinals about their game last week against the Giants.

Pereira started this downward spiral of bad officiating when he took over as Director of Officiating in 2001 from Jerry Seeman. Seeman had been an official for 15 years before becoming Director and was outstanding in both capacities.

Periera was a line judge for two years before getting promoted to Director. He must have had pictures of Paul Tagliabue in compromising positions because he was a total incompetent. The officiating became worse and worse on his watch and the denigration of its quality continues to this day.

How Jerome Boger is a head ref is beyond me. I've never seen that guy ref a game where he made less than 3 completely blown calls.

Pereira started this downward spiral of bad officiating when he took over as Director of Officiating in 2001 from Jerry Seeman. Seeman had been an official for 15 years before becoming Director and was outstanding in both capacities.

Periera was a line judge for two years before getting promoted to Director. He must have had pictures of Paul Tagliabue in compromising positions because he was a total incompetent. The officiating became worse and worse on his watch and the denigration of its quality continues to this day.

How Jerome Boger is a head ref is beyond me. I've never seen that guy ref a game where he made less than 3 completely blown calls.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't disagree on Pereira at all, I think he's a complete dipsh*t who did nothing but make up a constant list of bullsh*t excuses for years for the game's horrid officiating. The point is, when even his stupid a$$ can't manage to come up with any excuses for these horrible calls that keep happening, that just tells you how bad it's truly gotten. It's pretty clear that the NFL seriously needs to start firing some of their officiating teams, and I don't know how that's even a question.

I have to say I was shocked the jets hit brady about 10 times with no roughing call

the plax review was correct (but really close)

the fumble was wrong, the ball was moving before he was touched

the officiating never costs you a game, but it is very annoying to have to overcome it

we'll never know if belicheat called TO, brady was late in calling TO, and that 5 yards would have been big down there

Possession - check

Knee down - check

Contact by Pace - check

Down by contact at this instant. Case closed.

5a25e5_100911patsnl09.jpg

Yeah. I was surprised by the initial call on the field. Definitely down by contact. Too bad Pace didn't get there two tenths of a second later.

He was already down by contact the instant Pace touched him.

cannot be considered down by contact without possession of the ball.thats the problem.i have watched this play more than a dozen times.while on the ground and before pace made contact, the receiver tried to transfer the ball from his right arm to his left, not too swiftly, i might add. the bobbleing began before the pace contact.thus the receiver starting the fumble and pace finished it off.100% a fumble. i know discussion boards are made for opinions and i respect that, but in this case, your opinion is wrong

cannot be considered down by contact without possession of the ball.thats the problem.i have watched this play more than a dozen times.while on the ground and before pace made contact, the receiver tried to transfer the ball from his right arm to his left, not too swiftly, i might add. the bobbleing began before the pace contact.thus the receiver starting the fumble and pace finished it off.100% a fumble. i know discussion boards are made for opinions and i respect that, but in this case, your opinion is wrong

Well said.

Add to that the fact that the original call on the field was a fumble. In order to overturn a call on the field the video has to be conclusive.

Clearly the evidence wasn't conclusive

Youre wrong.

If Branch didnt have possession its an incomplete pass and still not a fumble. The Jets didnt get screwed. Get over it.

Archived