Until Schottenheimer is fired

gangreenman

I am not watching another game this season. D played as well as possible for 3 quarters, we had plenty of opportunities to capitalize and the offense gained like 5 yards and punted like 8 times. Sanchez had 70 yards throwing through 3... We had about 200 yds of total offense, when the pats on avg gave up over 400 through the 1st four weeks. By the time the Pats got the ball on that final drive, the Jets front line was so worn down and tired they couldn't even keep their first unit on the field.

Awful. Just awful. Makes me miss Paul Hackett.... Yes, that bad

I am not watching another game this season. D played as well as possible for 3 quarters, we had plenty of opportunities to capitalize and the offense gained like 5 yards and punted like 8 times. Sanchez had 70 yards throwing through 3... We had about 200 yds of total offense, when the pats on avg gave up over 400 through the 1st four weeks. By the time the Pats got the ball on that final drive, the Jets front line was so worn down and tired they couldn't even keep their first unit on the field.

Awful. Just awful. Makes me miss Paul Hackett.... Yes, that bad

Yeah...you take Hackett and have fun. If it makes you feel better to point someone out that's cool, but they all sucked. The defense can't stop anything. The running game is pathetic. I suppose this team just isnt too good, huh? what a drag. See, you around because shott's not getting fired, because it's only here on jn that this phantom fall guy exists.

Yeah...you take Hackett and have fun. If it makes you feel better to point someone out that's cool, but they all sucked. The defense can't stop anything. The running game is pathetic. I suppose this team just isnt too good, huh? what a drag. See, you around because shott's not getting fired, because it's only here on jn that this phantom fall guy exists.

Do you actually think the playcalling, the scheme, the anything, was even average today? Ill take Hackett and his west coast quick-hitting offense over Schottenheimers long developing 8 yard routes every day of the week with this team... And twice on Sundays.

I listen to NY am radio during the week; I know a bunch of Jet fans....but the only place I see/hear the fire schotty talk is here. This guy Moore, who had a hand in the Colts offense in the first half before peyton manning took over the playcalling and he was supposed to come in and cure the offense.So either Schotty has told him and Callihan the OL coach to take a hike or they just aren't getting it done.

The problem is pretty clear: The offense can't do sh*t until the fourth quarter and the defense can't do sh*t in the fourth quarter!

I just don't get how someone like Cam Newton can come into the league, freakin toss the ball all around the field with reckless abandon and rack up ~400 yards/avg and we never have a single game like that. I really don't think Sanchez is THAT untalented that he can't even compete with the rookie version of Cam Newton and the juggernaut Carolina Panthers offense.

It's got to be Shotty at this point. I have had enough. A friend who is an Eagles fan and rarely watches the Jets was calling out the plays before they happened, I couldn't believe it. (To be fair, I'm not capable of doing that, but he was doing it so well that it was scary.)

I just don't get how someone like Cam Newton can come into the league, freakin toss the ball all around the field with reckless abandon and rack up ~400 yards/avg and we never have a single game like that. I really don't think Sanchez is THAT untalented that he can't even compete with the rookie version of Cam Newton and the juggernaut Carolina Panthers offense.

It's got to be Shotty at this point. I have had enough. A friend who is an Eagles fan and rarely watches the Jets was calling out the plays before they happened, I couldn't believe it. (To be fair, I'm not capable of doing that, but he was doing it so well that it was scary.)

Cam Newton:

is bigger than Mark Sanchez.

is taller than Mark Sanchez.

is faster than Mark Sanchez.

has a better arm than Sanchez.

is a more versatile offensive talent than Mark Sanchez.

is a national championship winner.

was the bigger half of the two man team (Newton and Fairley) that got Auburn the NC.

played in pro style college offense like Mark Sanchez.

I can probably keep going...Then again, I know people had their questions about Newton as a passer. It was mostly bs, except for your usual QB prospect questions.

I listen to NY am radio during the week; I know a bunch of Jet fans....but the only place I see/hear the fire schotty talk is here. This guy Moore, who had a hand in the Colts offense in the first half before peyton manning took over the playcalling and he was supposed to come in and cure the offense.So either Schotty has told him and Callihan the OL coach to take a hike or they just aren't getting it done.

The problem is pretty clear: The offense can't do sh*t until the fourth quarter and the defense can't do sh*t in the fourth quarter!

Mason Burress and Holmes and Holmes all went to Rex to complain about the ineptitude of Brian Schottenheimer--all at separate times this week. Listen to sportsradio and you'll hear a ton of Jets callers calling for Schotty's head. I always blamed the players and their execution. But now I've seen the light. Schotty has to be called on his horrific scheming and playcalling. Eight three and outs against the statiscally worst defense in the entire NFL. An insane first quarter TD drought that actually broke NFL records. Superstars and 1st rounders galore on his offense. And they grind out play after play of garbage. Brett Favre basically tossed the playbook when he came here. And now three vet receivers have openly questioned the scheme. It's Brian Schottenheimer, folks. That's all there is to it.

Oh as far as the offense....what Slats said. Something's going to give at some point...I think it's a very real possibility that he gets fired around/before/just after the bye. I still think it's Sanchez, and I'm not a Matt Cavanaugh (the QB coach and likely Schotty replacement) fan, but there's too much there for the offense to be as bad as it is.

Oh as far as the offense....what Slats said. Something's going to give at some point...I think it's a very real possibility that he gets fired around/before/just after the bye. I still think it's Sanchez, and I'm not a Matt Cavanaugh (the QB coach and likely Schotty replacement) fan, but there's too much there for the offense to be as bad as it is.

If Miami's offense outperforms the Jets' offense next week, Schottenheimer shouldn't be fired - he should be killed.

callahan !!!!

The Jets might have the worst offense in the NFL. They have enough talent on that side of the ball that that shouldn't be so.

But there's little kids on the Jet Nation board that say it isn't the fault of Brian Schottenheimer... is it .... well.... like the football gods .... or other Tetrahydrocannabinol influenced thoughts.

But there's little kids on the Jet Nation board that say it isn't the fault of Brian Schottenheimer... is it .... well.... like the football gods .... or other Tetrahydrocannabinol influenced thoughts.

zok.jpg

You know why you picked these things? Because saying "There's little kids on the Jet Nation board that it isn't the fault of Brian Schottenheimer but the guys on the field, especially the QB" would not generate the image you want.

comic-pow.jpg

The 3rd quarter playcalling was horrible when it was 17-14. The defense just held NE to 2 three&outs, what do the Jets do? 2 three&outs. 2 fricken running plays for 3 yrds,pass inc.punt. Same thing next series,NE gets the ball back then hits Welker for 73yrds, momentum switch,NE scores shortly after24-14, game on the way to being over. Why didnt the Jets go to a no-huddle fast agressive approach and dictate the game?Why dont they act like their 10 pts behind every time they have the ball? That seems the only time this offense shows life! I can see this and this millionare OC cant! He doesnt know what makes his offense tick? He calls the same fricken plays all game, he sucks man. Who knows what would have happened if they just scored on one of those series,17-17,21-17 totally different game.

Cam Newton:

is bigger than Mark Sanchez.

is taller than Mark Sanchez.

is faster than Mark Sanchez.

has a better arm than Sanchez.

is a more versatile offensive talent than Mark Sanchez.

is a national championship winner.

was the bigger half of the two man team (Newton and Fairley) that got Auburn the NC.

played in pro style college offense like Mark Sanchez.

I can probably keep going...Then again, I know people had their questions about Newton as a passer. It was mostly bs, except for your usual QB prospect questions.

And luckily for him, he has a different Offensive coordinator than Mark Sanchez.

When the Pats did that playfake and Leonard bit and Welker ran right past him and was running wide open right down the middle of the field, do you think Sanchez can make that throw? I do.

When Branch went inside in the end zone, and then went back out to the corner for the TD, do you think Sanchez can make that throw? I Do.

When do you ever see Jets receivers wide open like that????

Why doesnt our offensive coordinator design plays that get our receivers open so that our QB gets some easy throws?

Archived