Which would make you happier as a Jet's Fan?

greeniemeanie

What would create more joy in your life?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which would make you happier as a Jets fan

• 11 Wins this season
    • Sanchez's replacement drafted in offseason
    • Schottenheimer Fired
    • Woody Sells Team
    • Rex Ryan stops talking
    • Intimate Relations with Gisele Bundchen
    • Jet's don't make playoffs, but neither does NE or Miami

I originally voted Giselle, but changed my vote when I realized Brady's been there.

Ah, that would be like Bill Cosby being worried about following my 4 year old telling knock, knock jokes at a comedy club.

Sure, it was cute, but let a real man get the job done...

I think sh*tty is gone regardless of what happens this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Rex gets more involved in the O or let Callahan call plays. So I voted for 11 wins. 11 wins should garner a Wild Card, and you never know what happens after that.

• 11 Wins this season---- This IS going to happen.
  • Sanchez's replacement drafted in offseason---- Not happening.
  • Schottenheimer Fired- This IS going to happen.
  • Woody Sells Team---- Unless he drops dead, Not happening.
  • Rex Ryan stops talking---Unless he drops dead, Not happening.
  • Intimate Relations with Gisele Bundchen---Unless she drops dead, not happening.
  • Jet's don't make playoffs, but neither does NE or Miami- Miami wont. Buffalo wont. Pats will. Jets will. Unless they drop dead.

if the jets dump sanchez, he will pull a brees and make the jets look dumb for doing it

shotty has an awful track record with QB's

sanchez is not a magically gifted QB, but they have screwed his head up royally. it's a shame

I think the Jets will somehow possibly eek out a playoff berth, or at least get close to one. And that is the reason that we suck. We play just good enough to rest on our laurels, and lose that hunger to be better, and that is why we never win it all. If we make the playoffs, does the status quo remain? Unfortunately, I think it might.

The Jets are never a really good team, nor do they seem to be a really bad team since Woody took over. It seems we are a lucky team from time to time.

I don't think we are bad, I think we are just bad enough.

They'll rebound. The swagger will come back. We'll win a playoff game or two, then right back to the SOS next season.

Something needs to change with this franchise, I'm growing ever impatient.

I think the Jets will somehow possibly eek out a playoff berth, or at least get close to one. And that is the reason that we suck. We play just good enough to rest on our laurels, and lose that hunger to be better, and that is why we never win it all. If we make the playoffs, does the status quo remain? Unfortunately, I think it might.

The Jets are never a really good team, nor do they seem to be a really bad team since Woody took over. It seems we are a lucky team from time to time.

I don't think we are bad, I think we are just bad enough.

They'll rebound. The swagger will come back. We'll win a playoff game or two, then right back to the SOS next season.

Something needs to change with this franchise, I'm growing ever impatient.

well put sir.

Why do people keep saying this?

Probably highly unlikely they go with another high pick, but I still think it's very likely they go with a mid-round pick, use the "developing for the future" / backup company line, give Sanchez one last go with a new OC to at least start next year all the while grooming both the newb and McElroy to take over either later that year or the following year.

Why do people keep saying this?

Because an entire regime is depending on Sanchez succeeding. If Sanchez's replacement does come through the draft, it will be some mid-round guy that ends up a pleasant surprise. We're not drafting a quarterback in the 1st round. Not gonna happen, period.

Because an entire regime is depending on Sanchez succeeding. If Sanchez's replacement does come through the draft, it will be some mid-round guy that ends up a pleasant surprise. We're not drafting a quarterback in the 1st round. Not gonna happen, period.

Well that's the entire thing, the mid-round pick being successful is pretty much the one way Tanny on down can save their asses, because they can't justify a high pick QB, but they also need to get things going in the right direction. So barring another miraclous situation of a guy like Drew Brees hitting FA, or rolling the dice on a trade for a young guy like Matt Flynn, that's really their only hope.

You guys want my honest opinion?

Most good teams' head coach has a coordinator that make them look even better as a HC. For example, Mike McCarthy has a great offensive mind but he also has a great defensive coordinator in Dom Campers.

Look at the New Orleans. Sean Payton as the offensive guy and Gregg Williams.

Schottenheimer does NOT go with Rex Ryan. We need an experienced OC who can help Sanchez immediately.

Most good teams' head coach has a coordinator that make them look even better as a HC. For example, Mike McCarthy has a great offensive mind but he also has a great defensive coordinator in Dom Campers.

Schottenheimer does NOT go with Rex Ryan. We need an experienced OC who can help Sanchez immediately.

100 % correct here. Its perfectly OK that Rex is a "defense guy", but that only works if you have a veteran offensive coordinator who knows what he's doing. You can't have a situation where its the blind leading the blind and expecting it to work.

ESPECIALLY when you're working with a young quarterback who doesn't know any better but to listen to his coaches.

100 % correct here. Its perfectly OK that Rex is a "defense guy", but that only works if you have a veteran offensive coordinator who knows what he's doing. You can't have a situation where its the blind leading the blind and expecting it to work.

ESPECIALLY when you're working with a young quarterback who doesn't know any better but to listen to his coaches.

Exactly my point.

I know I will get killed for this, but I would love to see Gruden as our OC.

Probably highly unlikely they go with another high pick, but I still think it's very likely they go with a mid-round pick, use the "developing for the future" / backup company line, give Sanchez one last go with a new OC to at least start next year all the while grooming both the newb and McElroy to take over either later that year or the following year.

Because an entire regime is depending on Sanchez succeeding. If Sanchez's replacement does come through the draft, it will be some mid-round guy that ends up a pleasant surprise.

This is pretty much what I meant.

This is pretty much what I meant.

Well in that case, I have no idea why anyone would think there's no chance of that happening, never mind it not being very likely to happen. It's a circumstance that pretty much makes sense from the prospective of everyone running the team, barring a sudden turnaround from Sanchez after a mid-season OC change or a top QB somehow becoming available. Even if the team still likes Sanchez and feel there's a chance he'll progress and improve with a new offense and another offseason, there's certainly no reason for them to not hedge their bets in what could very well be their last collective chance to do so.

Archived