FoxSports: Sanchez dragging Jets down with him

The Gun Of Bavaria

http://msn.foxsports...patriots-100911

Great Article. Dead on.

Although he had two touchdown passes, Sanchez’s longest throw spanned a mere 22 yards (Brady connected on a key 73-yarder to Wes Welker to open the second half). Remarkably, Sanchez didn’t even attempt to throw deep against the NFL’s 32nd-ranked secondary. He had only 70 passing yards entering the fourth quarter.

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but did they throw many, or any plays out there that he could have had a deep ball? Was the offense as a whole scaled down to showcase the run more?

But the most damning statistic was New York’s third-down performance. Sanchez completed four of nine passes for 44 yards and was sacked twice. The Jets converted on just three of 11 attempts overall, including a stretch of four consecutive three-and-outs to open the game and a stretch of three consecutive three-and-outs in the third quarter.

I wonder how much of this was on Sanchez and how much was on the receivers not catching the ball....

Overall not a bad article though. Sanchez does need to step up if this team is gonna go anywhere.

connor dropped a 1st down, plax at least one

anyone want to take shotty over belicheat in a chess match ?

once he saw what the jets were doing they sat on the short stuff and the jets never made them pay

I think when the very first play didn't work, sh*tty went into a shell

the QB gets too much credit and too much blame

Why is this a great article?

Comparing Sanchez to an all time great? Comparing the worst offense in the league to the best?

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

The Pats offense is better than the Jets is what I got from this article...well, duh.

you're forgetting that offenses don't play against each other - pats D stinks

Did we bring our offense's level of play down?

Or, did they play at the level they're capable of?

You and I both know this offense is capable of much more than they showed yesterday. We've seen it before. And it should have been better against such a terrible defense, but alas, why would that happen? That would just make sense.

Houston?

You made me have to go back and check some games, but in the last year I can't remember the last time we had a complete stampede with this offense on both the ground and through the air. Looking at a lot of games its either one or the other, never both. :mad:

In other words, not with the 2011 offense...

If you believe that players don't matter, and only coaching does. Because, we don't have the same players.

True. But at the same time Schitty and Sanchez have had 3 years to get comfortable, they should have this offense playing better than it is. Players do account for part of it, but we've seen QB's and offenses around the league rise up even if some of the players change. It's sad that Sanchez isn't at the level to make the players around him better, but its bad enough that Schitty can't help him out either.

Shotty is awful... just awful...

When Mcknight came in I was lettting myself think maybe someone got to Shotty... but then Mcknight split out wide waving his hands in the air just like they do with LT... no new package/play... just Mcknight pretending to be LT... ugh

The best is on 3rd and short when Shotty clears LT out of the backfield... forcing Sanchez to extend the drive in the air with about 1.3 seconds to throw... and the routes all take 2 seconds...

Oh and once again Holmes was quitting on routes and plays... the dude is a lazy bastard... Plax came back to try and make something happen when Sanchez scrambled free... Holmes just stopped and stood there watching Sanchez fight for his life to find someone open... he just doesn't care enough.

True. But at the same time Schitty and Sanchez have had 3 years to get comfortable, they should have this offense playing better than it is. Players do account for part of it, but we've seen QB's and offenses around the league rise up even if some of the players change. It's sad that Sanchez isn't at the level to make the players around him better, but its bad enough that Schitty can't help him out either.

Well, if you're saying they both suck, then we're on the same page, and what are we talking about?

When Mcknight came in I was lettting myself think maybe someone got to Shotty... but then Mcknight split out wide waving his hands in the air just like they do with LT... no new package/play... just Mcknight pretending to be LT... ugh

what was up with that ? I've never seen that before on any level of football

Unless we can get the offensive line to start controlling the line of scrimamge we are not going to be able to compete against good defenses or bad ones.

They did and we still lost. That one drive in the first half was like a flashback to 2009. They knew that Greene was coming and they still couldn't stop it. The run game was there but we still lost because the offense couldn't pick up a first through the air.

Archived