FoxSports: Sanchez dragging Jets down with him

The Gun Of Bavaria

So the fact that the Jets couldn't move the ball on a Defense everyone else has plowed through is just conveniently lost?

Here's a theory that is starting to become stronger and stronger as time goes on:

Perhaps Shotty's play-calling sucks because he is hamstrung and not confident in the man leading the offense. Perhaps deep down, he's calling crap plays because deep down, the plays he'd really like to call, would be disasters in his mind?

Schotty isn't off the hook by a long shot, but the fact that for the third straight year, Sanchez and the offense is sputtering is anything but coincidence and Schotty's sole fault. This offense was the sole reason we weren't in the Super Bowl and it will be the sole reason again.

There's a lot of blame to go around. Schotty is catching all of it and in reality, it's time for Sanchez and Rexy to take their share of it.

So the fact that the Jets couldn't move the ball on a Defense everyone else has plowed through is just conveniently lost?

There's a lot of blame to go around.

no and yes

when it's this bad, it's never one guy. shotty has changed his play calling in reaction to the jets not being able to protect the QB among other things, like his boss publicly ordering him to run it more

but remember the roll out pass to keller ? where has that gone ?

if you can't pass protect, you call screens, draws, roll outs, it's basic football

the jets run it up the gut and call quick passes

and it doesn't help when the passes are inaccurate, and the receivers drop them or have false starts

it's just such a sh*t stornm it's depressing

Article is mostly correct but at the end of the day Schott isn't putting Sanchez in a position to succeed, either. Slow starts are more damning of an OC more than the QB.

When are fans like you gonna wake up? Sound like dilusional whiny bitches. Its all Shottys fault, blah blah blah.

Regardless of our OC short comings - at this point, Sanchez is a VERY average QB. And that is a problem since he was drafted and paid quite differently than what he has evolved into, so far. Why are so many blind to this fact and so afraid to admit this? It doesnt make you a bad fan.....

When are fans like you gonna wake up? Sound like dilusional whiny bitches. Its all Shottys fault, blah blah blah.

Regardless of our OC short comings - at this point, Sanchez is a VERY average QB. And that is a problem since he was drafted and paid quite differently than what he has evolved into, so far. Why are so many blind to this fact and so afraid to admit this? It doesnt make you a bad fan.....

So you would rather bring in a new QB and keep Schitty than bring in a new OC? Granted Sanchez isn't a spring chicken anymore, but I've seen enough of Schitty and all the QB's he's worked with to close the book on him first.

what was up with that ? I've never seen that before on any level of football

Been doing it all year... and every single time it is about a 5 yard pass play...

I understand players mess up and 100% of the blame can't go on Shotty... but his play calling is so terrible that it makes everyone else play below their talent level.

Been doing it all year... and every single time it is about a 5 yard pass play...

I understand players mess up and 100% of the blame can't go on Shotty... but his play calling is so terrible that it makes everyone else play below their talent level.

really ? ok

what purpose does it serve ? is he communicating a coverage ? trying to distract the defense ?

have you ever seen anyone else do it ?

Here's a theory that is starting to become stronger and stronger as time goes on:

Perhaps Shotty's play-calling sucks because he is hamstrung and not confident in the man leading the offense. Perhaps deep down, he's calling crap plays because deep down, the plays he'd really like to call, would be disasters in his mind?

Schotty isn't off the hook by a long shot, but the fact that for the third straight year, Sanchez and the offense is sputtering is anything but coincidence and Schotty's sole fault. This offense was the sole reason we weren't in the Super Bowl and it will be the sole reason again.

There's a lot of blame to go around. Schotty is catching all of it and in reality, it's time for Sanchez and Rexy to take their share of it.

The only people who think Sanchez isn't taking any share of the blame are those absolutely obsessed and blinded by their hatred for Sanchez. Outside of a handful of people, getting smaller by the day, who think he needs a chance to see if he can succeed without Schotty, this kid is far from getting the Penny-boy treatment. He's getting blasted week in and week out by both fans and the media, and deservedly so. The difference is there's people like you so obsessed with making sure he gets constantly sh*t on that you're making a pathetic list of excuses for a man in Schotty who has failed miserably with an endless list of opportunities, failures that extend much further back then Sanchez's NFL career with QB's who have proven they can be without question much more successful with any other OC not named Brian Schottenheimer, not even getting into the 6, yes SIX rookie QB's Schotty has had a hand in bringing in to this team since his arrival and failed to do anything with a single one of them. I'm not going to sit here and spend a moment of my time defending Sanchez, but seeing anyone use him as a defense for Schotty is absolutely sickening.

really ? ok

what purpose does it serve ? is he communicating a coverage ? trying to distract the defense ?

have you ever seen anyone else do it ?

It was always just LT when he split out wide... then Mcknight last night... (possibly Cumberland or Mulligan once or twice)

Who the hell knows why they do it... but it is just another over thought gimmick that needs to stop. Sanchez plays at a high level when things are quick and crisp, stop the BS.

What?

Sanchez isn't catching any of the blame?

Where are you getting your information? ECURB and JetsFanFromDefenseWinsChampionQueenships?

Rex needs to own this garbage...he starting to remind me of his Dad when he was with the Eagles...all attention spent on the defense and just barbs and bullsh*t on the offenses ineptitude. With that said...Schotty needs to go...the OC needs to put players in position to make plays (see Harbaugh with Alex Smith or Gailey with Fitzpatrick)...both had their own battles with suckage and both are improving...maybe Sanchez is the very definition of average but we never know unless Schotty moves on...other than we cut Sanchez and see if Schotty has better luck with QB #7...McElroy?...still see more upside with Sanchez....whether thats here or someplace else...but doubt he can progress further without a new voice to guide him. This offense does not attack other guys weakness...looks like were going through the motions...and if the offense continues as is it will eventually take down Rex with it.

What was Schotty's excuse when Favre was the QB, or Clemens, or Pennington? Schotty's been a terrible play caller for a lot longer than Sanchez has been a bad QB.

This offense's struggles go back a lot longer than Sanchez. The highest this offense has ever ranked under Schotty is 12th according to Football Outsiders, and that was his first year when nobody had any scouting on him as an OC yet.

Our offensive efficiency rankings under Schotty:

2006 - 12

2007 - 23

2008 - 18

2009 - 22

2010 - 16

2011 - 29

My question is how the hell does incompetency like that not result in a firing? Four different QBs have underachieved in this offense, not one. That's why I can't completely blame Sanchez. I'd like to see how the kid performs with a non-idiot calling the plays.

Shotty is awful... just awful...

When Mcknight came in I was lettting myself think maybe someone got to Shotty... but then Mcknight split out wide waving his hands in the air just like they do with LT... no new package/play... just Mcknight pretending to be LT... ugh

The best is on 3rd and short when Shotty clears LT out of the backfield... forcing Sanchez to extend the drive in the air with about 1.3 seconds to throw... and the routes all take 2 seconds...

Oh and once again Holmes was quitting on routes and plays... the dude is a lazy bastard... Plax came back to try and make something happen when Sanchez scrambled free... Holmes just stopped and stood there watching Sanchez fight for his life to find someone open... he just doesn't care enough.

And all the receivers run routes shorter than the 1st down, lol.

Who's to blame for our offensive woes?

A combination of issues have combined to create what we have now.

The oline, it's a disaster, We drafted Vladimir to replace Woody at RT. It's just not worked out, they thought they could just plug Hunter in. He's an open invitation to pad your stats.

Slauson is just a JAG at LG. Moore looks like a shadow of himself at RG. Mangold misses 3 games with. High ankle strain and what have you got? A oline that can't run black and as for pass block, let's just say I'd love to see Tom Brady under center every week with our line protecting him. I'm not defending Mark but who the deck could put up great numers when you have 1.5 seconds to throw the ball. Shottys play calling is awful. You can't take the pressure off since the run game does not exist.

40% Shotty

35% Tanny

25% Sanchez

No deep threat, people have slated Ton, but Plex had hand of stone and can't get separation.

Not resigning Braylon was huge. Not to mention how big a factor he was in the run game.

If we loose to the Fins it's all over and the media will be lining up to put Rex on the spit.

To at least give us a chance plus a fresh start shotty must go. He just can't call a game to save his life.

Sanchez will never be an Elite Q.B he plays mostly average, but the boy is clutch when given the opportunity. I'm not ready to throw him out just yet. We need a fresh start and Rex must make the call and soon.

It's not all shotty Tanny made some bad decisions, the oline is Tannys fault and perhaps that's why Shottys not been fired yet?

what came first? the bad OC or the average QB? let me point out schotty has failed with multiple qbs now. we're invested in sanchez, let's give the kid a chance under someone else.

what came first? the bad OC or the average QB? let me point out schotty has failed with multiple qbs now. we're invested in sanchez, let's give the kid a chance under someone else.

I am not saying Shotty shouldnt be sacked. With all the $$ invested in Sanchez you bet your as$ he will get another chance under another OC.

I just think these Jets fans that want to stick most of the blame on Shotty are unintelligent and blind to Sanchez's development or lack thereof.

I am not an NFL scout but Ive probably watched every snap of Sanchez's NFL career and what I see concerns me. After 2+ years is there more evidence that he will turn out to be an average QB or a top QB (or close to a top qb)?

The only glimmer of hope that I see that points towards Schotty being the issue and not Sanchez is that Sanchez performs much better late in games when our offense is opened up more. Yesterday on a 3rd and 6 we had 4 players run a 5 yd route. That is not on the QB.

As for the team on a whole, we may be guilty of over estimating how good they are this season or any season under Rex.

In 2009 we needed a assortment of miracles (Colts pulling Manning, three or four other teams losing, etc) to make the play-offs.

In 2010 we absolutely sucked for long stretches and needed 3 or 4 miracle wins (Detroit-Houston-Cleveland) again to make the play-offs. In most of those wins Sanchez was the lone bright spot.

In 2011 we will need more of the same. We have been good later in the season under Ryan so hope the same holds true this season.

All this, of course, is just a prelude to Sanchez throwing three TDs against the putrid Dolphins and having this board filled with this:

I haven't read much this week, lost my internet on Saturday (was pretty happy about it). But I will say this...I am not ready to write off Sanchez just yet. He deserves a shot when someone else has been calling the plays. I haven't been in the blast Shotty club. But the easiest thing to do right now is to have someone else call the plays this week. You can't change QBs at this point...there are no other alternatives on the roster.

Archived