Jets Workout Former Dolphin's FB Polite

JetsFan220

Meh, it was a misdirection and he was wide open. You could have ran it for a different player.

Its not a big deal, I just was pointing out that I never blamed a drop on Schotty. <3

How are you going to run a misdirection on a fake run to a different player? Having players that wide open is not easy. McKnight or Tomlinson can't be in there as blockers. Maybe they could pull off the falling down TE to Mulligan, but he's not exactly Dave Casper either. It was a good play and well executed right up until the moment that Connor forgot to catch the ball.

Nor was it mine, I didn't convey that clearly. I meant that he has had a number of very solid kick-out blocks that have prevented green from getting hit in the backfield. You're absolutely right that he hasn't gotten to the second level very often, which is because he is so often having to pick up a free linebacker or dlineman coming off the edge due to a missed assignment by our offensive line play through the first handful of games. The offensive line not creating holes to run through has the same impact on connor as it has on green; if there isn't a hole, he's not going to be able to get through to the second level. He has shown good vision, albeit not as good as t-rich's at this point in his young career and the ability to lay the wood; so I have a feeling once you start seeing our Olinemen getting a better push, you'll starting noticing connor a whole lot more.

Yeah I think this is a fair point. It may be that Connor isn't getting the opportunity to block because he's caught up in traffic at the line. Makes him look less effective. Considering Greene and Tomlinson have struggled to get beyond the line of scrimmage, it may just fall back on our o-line ineptitude. Kinda sucks considering we had arguably the best line in football just two years ago. Greene (and probably Connor) got screwed this year.

Archived