The New York Jets will be 5-3 heading into our rematch with New England.

JetsFanFromQueens

Our awful 3 game road trip that occurred in Oakland, Baltimore and New England became our longest road trip since 1982. Unfortunately we went 0-3, but that horrendous road trip is now considered to be a thing of the past. As a team, and as a fan base, we have to move on. As a fan, I'm just thankful that we have Nick Mangold back at full strength from (hopefully) here on out.

Obviously we're on a 3 game losing skid, but it's not the end of the world, and it's most definitely not the end of our playoff hopes. Back in 2009 we only made the playoffs with a record of 9-7, but that Jets team not only went through one 3 game losing streak, they lived through two streaks of 3 consecutive loses. This season isn't over.

We're 2-0 at home this year, and 3 of our next 4 games are at home. The Jets can go on a playoff push from here on out. First and foremost, the 0-4 Miami Dolphins are up next come Monday night football. A win against these Dolphins, and the Jets could have plenty of confidence and momentum heading into our game against the Chargers at 3-3 overall, another home game. If NY could beat these guys during the playoffs back in 2009, on the road in SD, we can beat these guys in our house. Two years ago may be a pretty bad example, but with a win against the Dolphins, we'll most definitely have a chance to turn our season around against the Chargers. They're more than beatable.

After SD, we have a bye week, follwed by another road game against the Bills in Buffalo. Hopefully the Bills drop one of their next two games against either the Giants or Redskins. Meaning our game could be for 2nd place of the AFC East. Which is important once you factor in the wild card picture. The Bills may be 4-1, but this isn't a team that I fear. During the past three games we've played eachother, the Jets have gone 3-0, and have also outscored the Bills by the score of 95-34. As long as we can take care of Miami, and finish off San Diego, we'll finish off these Bills with a hard fought victory, earning our first road win of the season and more importantly, improving to 5-3 on the season.

Then comes our rematch against the Patriots during week 10. I'll leave this game alone, but at least it's a home game for our Jets. Now, if the Patriots drop one of their next 3 games against the Cowboys, Steelers or Giants... Our week 10 rematch will once again, be for first place of the AFC East. That's as long as we can take care of the Dolphins, Chargers and Bills.

Win our next 3 games, and we'll find ourselves right back in the thick of things in regards to the AFC playoff picture. I'm not willing to quit on a team, that's been to two consecutive AFC Championship games, all because of a 3 game losing streak heading into week 6. Our playoff push starts against the 0-4 Dolphins. Bring on Miami.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without beating the Buffalo Bills twice (could happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath), and the Dolphins twice, this team has ZERO shot at the playoffs. If a WC comes out of the AFCE, it will likely be either Buffalo or New England (whichever one does not win the division; I am betting now that the Pats win the division, and the Bills will be the WC). I know it's still early; but the Bills have certainly played much better than the Jets have even thought about playing so far. And I guarantee there will NOT be two WCs from the AFCE.

This team, I think, is playing for pride this season.

Honestly, we split with BUF everytime. I can;t see us beating them in their stadium. I see us splitting BUF, beating MIA twice, DEN, and KC. That's 7 wins. Those are the only games I'm confident at all that we can win. Right now SD is going to wipe the floor with us, and frankly BUF will likely do the same in their stadium. We're going 1-3 over the next 4 games IMHO.

Honestly, we split with BUF everytime. I can;t see us beating them in their stadium. I see us splitting BUF, beating MIA twice, DEN, and KC. That's 7 wins. Those are the only games I'm confident at all that we can win. Right now SD is going to wipe the floor with us, and frankly BUF will likely do the same in their stadium. We're going 1-3 over the next 4 games IMHO.

I think we sweep the NFCE. They all suck.

Lol at people counting ANY team out after week 5 that doesn't have an injured qb....the only teams you can count out for sure are Indy and Miami.

Fans are knee jerk...its just how they are. Jets fans seem to be some of the worst when it comes to this.

Very few level headed fans like you and I out there...ya know?

Fans are knee jerk...its just how they are. Jets fans seem to be some of the worst when it comes to this.

Very few level headed fans like you and I out there...ya know?

I'm usually the most level headed guy out there leaning even towards optimistic. We're just not a very good football team right now so I can really only count on beating other not very good football teams.

Yes, the Bills have played much better this season, but lets not forget... We're 3-0 against Buffalo during our past 3 meetings, and we've also outscored them by the score of 95-34.

Fitzpatrick doesn't scare me. Contain Fred Jackson, and we whipe the floor with this overrated Bills team. 54.1, 34.3 and 83.6 have been the QB rating's that Fitz has put up against our defense dating back to 2009. 31/75, 312 yards, 3 TD's/2 INT's. Those numbers, are his stat lines against Rex Ryan's defense over the past two years. He's been awful against this defense. How quickly some of you forget how we've dominated the Bills during the Rex era, all because of 5 weeks into the season.

If we can take care of both Miami and SD (which won't be easy), there is no doubt in my mind, that we'll beat down the Buffalo Bills. Wake me up when the Bills go into New Jersey and beat the 3-2 Giants on the road next week. I can't see it happening. Eli Manning is playing really good football this season. Also, wake me up when they beat the 3-1 Washington Redskins. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills at 4-3 heading into Jets-Bills matchup. I understand they've beat the Patriots, big deal. NE was up by 21 points and gave that game away. Credit to the Bills for never quitting, but some people are acting as if the Bills are on the same level as the Patriots; which isn't true.

The Bills are off to a nice little start, but to give the Bills the Wildcard, only 5 weeks into the season? We'll see about that.

Speaking of hot starts....anyobe remember good ol Brett favres year here!? It's barely october people!!

Speaking of 2008, what about the fact that the Bills started off 5-1... Before falling to 7-9 on the year?

Last year, these Bills started off 0-8, and now, because of a nice little 4-1 start... They're "favorites" to beat out the Jets? Our fan base is a joke at times.

not too bold a prediction, considering the opponents.. 1 gimme, I'm not a bills believer yet, and we have sd at home.. all very winnable

Not trying to be "bold"...I'm trying to be realistic. We obviously need to play better Football but I think they bounce back. This team is pretty resilient and I think they hate lettting Rex down.

Not trying to be "bold"...I'm trying to be realistic. We obviously need to play better Football but I think they bounce back. This team is pretty resilient and I think they hate lettting Rex down.

I mildly optimistic and hope your right...I caution though...lot of new faces (-1, Mason), who may not have the swagger that Rex injected the first two years...really like to see who's the voice in the lockeroom now and get their take on it.

13-3

I'm puzzled as to how a Jets team so loaded with talent can perform so poorly as they have done so far this season.

Has Rex lost his ability to motivate the players? Did the team believe all the early hype and thought they could just show up to win games?

In the Raiders game, the defense had a lapse. In the Ravens game, it was the offense's turn. The mental side of the game is what seems to be off right now. Fortunately, that is something that can be fixed more easily than things like injuries. The question is: Will it be fixed in time?

I'm puzzled as to how a Jets team so loaded with talent can perform so poorly as they have done so far this season.

Has Rex lost his ability to motivate the players? Did the team believe all the early hype and thought they could just show up to win games?

In the Raiders game, the defense had a lapse. In the Ravens game, it was the offense's turn. The mental side of the game is what seems to be off right now. Fortunately, that is something that can be fixed more easily than things like injuries. The question is: Will it be fixed in time?

But they have had injuries. They did not respond well vs. the Ravens and Raiders without Mangold and Turner to back him up. Bryan Thomas is beast vs. the run and it definitely hurt on those late drives by the Pats because he's good in some of those coverage packages as well. Cumberland looked like he had promise and it would have helped to have and extra TE in some of those games.

I think that the problem with this team thus far this season has been the lockout. Going into the season we were touted as one the team who would likely benefit because we have the same core of players. This I believe to be completely false. Just look at from a unit perspective: O-Line, lost Turner, Mangold, Woody, and replaced them with Hunter, Ducasse, Baxter; Receivers, lost Braylon, Smith, Jerricho, replaced them with Plax, Mason, Kerley; Defense lost Ellis, Bryan Thomas, replaced with Wilkerson and Westerman...That is a lot of moving pieces for a team without an offseason. On top of that we lost the most important player on our Offense for two big weeks (and two losses), Mangold; and do not tell me that it is Sanchez because with the way the line completely and utterly disintegraded without him no QB would have been successful. Being 3-0 in the next three is plausible and necessary. If we are to make the playoffs we will need to win these next three games. Fact. However, if we do manage to do so, I can see us going on a serious run that will take us into the playoffs on a good note. With three straight wins, we will have a ton of momentum heading into the home Pats game; which I don't see why we shouldn't be able to beat them since we always split with NE anyway...

I think that the problem with this team thus far this season has been the lockout. Going into the season we were touted as one the team who would likely benefit because we have the same core of players. This I believe to be completely false. Just look at from a unit perspective: O-Line, lost Turner, Mangold, Woody, and replaced them with Hunter, Ducasse, Baxter; Receivers, lost Braylon, Smith, Jerricho, replaced them with Plax, Mason, Kerley; Defense lost Ellis, Bryan Thomas, replaced with Wilkerson and Westerman...That is a lot of moving pieces for a team without an offseason. On top of that we lost the most important player on our Offense for two big weeks (and two losses), Mangold; and do not tell me that it is Sanchez because with the way the line completely and utterly disintegraded without him no QB would have been successful. Being 3-0 in the next three is plausible and necessary. If we are to make the playoffs we will need to win these next three games. Fact. However, if we do manage to do so, I can see us going on a serious run that will take us into the playoffs on a good note. With three straight wins, we will have a ton of momentum heading into the home Pats game; which I don't see why we shouldn't be able to beat them since we always split with NE anyway...

Excellent post. Someone who actually understands the game of football, without having to blame Shotty Jr as a scapegoat. You did forget to mention that we lost Tony Richardson. Replaced by a 2nd year FB in Conner. Great post though.

-We lost an explosive Braylon for an aging Burress. Shotty worked with Braylon since week 4 of 2009.

-We lost a leader in Cotchery for a washed up Mason. Shotty worked with Cotchery dating back to 2006.

-We lost one of the greatest lead blocking FB's of our generation in T.Rich for a young/raw/2nd year FB in Conner. Shotty worked with T.Rich since 2008.

-We lost Brad Smith, an excellent wildcat formation weapon, in replace of a young McKnight and rookie Kerley. Shotty worked with Smith dating back to 2006.

-We've been without Nick Mangold for two weeks against the Raiders and Ravens. Replaced by a 3rd string Center in Baxter, a player who wasn't with the Jets during our offseason.

-Brandon Moore is recovering from offseason hip surgery and isn't the same RG that he once was and it's no secret that Wayne Hunter has been one of the worst RT's in the game today. Almost as bad as Anthony Clement.

-Sanchez is still a developing QB, one who only had 1 year of college starting experience, one who's only in his 3rd season and forced to work with new offensive players across the board.

Yeah, our offensive struggles are because of "Shotty Jr". Scapegoat has been written all over this situation.

There are a few factors. Everybody is all caught up in the Jets sucking because they have played like sh*t. Basically, over the past 3 weeks they have played like a sh*tty team. The fact is, I think most people wouldn't have been surprised at the Jets losing to the Ravens and the Pats on the road. The Jets supposedly have been hurt by the limited number of contact practices. It's hard to set the tough guy tone without them and it's hard for the coaches to bust heads and punish the players by making them bang without them. I also think that like Hue says, the Jets are bullies and when they get bullied it's a problem. Once they get bullied they have a tendency to look very bad. Especially the offense. We'll see how things work out this week. They have plenty of frustration to take out on the Dolphins. They'd better. Of course even if they do we will still hear about how badly we suck. Just like we did after we kicked Jacksonville's a$$. Maybe that's as it should be because beating the Dolphins doesn't really prove anything either.

With a win against Miami tomorrow night, we're right back in this thing. Both the Bills and Texans lost today. With a win tomorrow night we're only 1 game behind the Bills and tied with the Texans at 3-3. The Raiders may have improved to 4-2, but they lost their starting quarterback for the season; they're done in my eyes.

Just to make a long story short, 1 game at a time, starting with Miami tomorrow night, but once the Jets win our next 3 games (as predicted), we'll be in strong position heading into our rematch with the Patriots.

As nothing more than a fan, I've put this 3 game losing streak behind us as a thing of the past. That was our longest road trip since I believe 1982, we were without our all-pro center in Mangold during two of those games, and now it's time to beat Miami.

There are a few factors. Everybody is all caught up in the Jets sucking because they have played like sh*t. Basically, over the past 3 weeks they have played like a sh*tty team. The fact is, I think most people wouldn't have been surprised at the Jets losing to the Ravens and the Pats on the road. The Jets supposedly have been hurt by the limited number of contact practices. It's hard to set the tough guy tone without them and it's hard for the coaches to bust heads and punish the players by making them bang without them. I also think that like Hue says, the Jets are bullies and when they get bullied it's a problem. Once they get bullied they have a tendency to look very bad. Especially the offense. We'll see how things work out this week. They have plenty of frustration to take out on the Dolphins. They'd better. Of course even if they do we will still hear about how badly we suck. Just like we did after we kicked Jacksonville's a$$. Maybe that's as it should be because beating the Dolphins doesn't really prove anything either.

Agreed. I think this is a huge factor.

Speaking of 2008, what about the fact that the Bills started off 5-1... Before falling to 7-9 on the year?

You keep basing everything off of last year, or two years ago or the last 3 seasons. None of that crap means anything going into a game, nothing at all. Especially the above stat. The Bills still may flame out, but it won't be because they did 3 freaking years ago.

It's an entirely different team. Different WRs, QB, head coach, everything.

You keep basing everything off of last year, or two years ago or the last 3 seasons. None of that crap means anything going into a game, nothing at all. Especially the above stat. The Bills still may flame out, but it won't be because they did 3 freaking years ago.

It's an entirely different team. Different WRs, QB, head coach, everything.

JFFQ = Klecko with a dash of TLDR.

If we can take care of both Miami and SD (which won't be easy), there is no doubt in my mind, that we'll beat down the Buffalo Bills. Wake me up when the Bills go into New Jersey and beat the 3-2 Giants on the road next week. I can't see it happening. Also, wake me up when they beat the 3-1 Washington Redskins. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bills at 4-3 heading into Jets-Bills matchup. I understand they've beat the Patriots, big deal. NE was up by 21 points and gave that game away. Credit to the Bills for never quitting, but some people are acting as if the Bills are on the same level as the Patriots; which isn't true.

The Bills are off to a nice little start, but to give the Bills the Wildcard, only 5 weeks into the season? We'll see about that.

I stand by everything I've stated in regards to the Bills. Nothing more than an overrated team that got off to a fast start. They've now lost two of their last 3 games after starting off 3-0.

With all that said, one down... two more games to go before heading into our rematch with NE with a record of 5-3. Beat the Chargers, and we're in great shape heading into Buffalo coming out of our bye week. 3-0 at home, looking to make it 4-0 against a Chargers team that's most definitely beatable; especially on the road during an east coast 1:00 matchup.

I stand by everything I've stated in regards to the Bills. Nothing more than an overrated team that got off to a fast start. They've now lost two of their last 3 games after starting off 3-0.

Meh, they lost both games by 3 points and both on the road to teams who are 4-2. I'm not worried at all.

Meh, they lost both games by 3 points and both on the road to teams who are 4-2. I'm not worried at all.

A Buffalo fan, and you're not worried at all, about missing the playoffs? Funny. When's the last time you all made the playoffs to begin with?

Also, on a side note; I guess you weren't worried about missing the playoffs (at all) back in 2008. You know, the year where you all started off 4-0. Went 3-9 from there on out. 7-9 disaster season.

You all started off the season 0-8 last year. I'm sorry, but a 3-0 start and losing 2 of 3 games against the Bengals, Eagles and Giants doesn't make you all playoff contenders. Buffalo just isn't a very good football team, at all. The Bills will become exposed over the next 5 games. Redskins. Jets. @ Cowboys.@ Dolphins. @ Jets. Honestly, just like I knew the Bills would lose to the Giants, I know we'll sweep Buffalo. The Redskins will beat you all. And so will the Cowboys. Miami is a win for Buffalo. 5-6 heading into week 13.

A Buffalo fan, and you're not worried at all, about missing the playoffs? Funny. When's the last time you all made the playoffs to begin with?

Nope, I'm not. Last time we made the playoffs was 1999. What another year anyway at this point really?

Also, on a side note; I guess you weren't worried about missing the playoffs (at all) back in 2008. You know, the year where you all started off 4-0. Went 3-9 from there on out. 7-9 disaster season.

Yeah I remeber that. Don't really care now, it's long over and the core players and coaches are all gone, so it's not the same team whatsoever.

I'm sorry, but a 3-0 start and losing 2 of 3 games against the Bengals, Eagles and Giants doesn't make you all playoff contenders.

It sure does right now, until the standings say otherwise.

Buffalo just isn't a very good football team, at all. The Bills will become exposed over the next 5 games. Redskins. Jets. @ Cowboys.@ Dolphins. @ Jets.

You're the first person I've ever heard say that all season. Are the Bills great? No. Are the bad? Not at all. They are a good football team right now. That's just a silly statement. The Redskins, Jets and Dolphins don't scare me whatsoever. None of those offenses are anything special. Very winnable games. Will we win them all? Doubtful, but still winnable.

Honestly, just like I knew the Bills would lose to the Giants,

Did you post that somewhere before the game?

I know we'll sweep Buffalo. The Redskins will beat you all. And so will the Cowboys. Miami is a win for Buffalo. 5-6 heading into week 13.

I couldn't disagree more. This will be fun to bump heading to Week 13, where if you're wrong I'm sure you'll run and hide, or just come up with more and more excuses.

Buffalo has looked far superior then the Jets so far this year, (KC, 19th, Oak. 28th, NE, 32nd, Cincy. They lost 2nd, Philly 14th, NYG, 24th they lost) they have only played 1 team with a good D and lost. Our D can stop them (were good right now who knows maybe great by 2nd meeting it's still early) we shut them down offensively that I guarantee it's a matter of do we score 20 and if we do we beat them twice.

Archived