The New York Jets will be 5-3 heading into our rematch with New England.

JetsFanFromQueens

Did you post that somewhere before the game?

Yes, I did. I believe I posted it during this thread.

"Wake me up when the Bills go into New Jersey and beat the 3-2 Giants on the road next week. I can't see it happening"

Like I said, I couldn't see it happening. And I can't see an overrated Bills team beating the Redskins either.

You can't win in this league, and you can't make the playoffs without a defense. The Bills have no defense. It's a joke.

31st ranked defense, allowing an awful 420.5 yards per game.

22nd in points allowed. 24.5 points per game.

Can't pressure the quarterback either. 32nd, dead last; only 4 sacks on the year. Horrible. No wonder why Aaron Maybin couldn't pick up a sack with Buffalo, it appears to be impossible.

22nd in TD's allowed through the air (10).

29th against the run. Allowing 5.1 yards per carry against the run. Which ranks 30th.

Overall? The Bills have a laughing stock defense. Won't make the playoffs. Not with this defense. One of the most overrated teams I've seen in quite some time. Congrats on the 3-0 start. How quickly they've lost two of three games. The slide won't stop any time soon either. Joke for a defense.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Bills, but they've been wayyy plus on the turnovers, those things tend to eventually even out. Their dline is still terrible. And Fitzpatrick is serviceable...I dont know if he's anything more than that.

I agree on all counts.

But you have to admit, the yards that Buffalo's defense has allowed thus far through 6 weeks, has to be a major concern in regards to their defense. It's awful. They've allowed 420.5 yards per game; ranking 31st. Their run defense is much worse than ours, they've allowed over 5 yards per carry.

And lets be honest here, Maybin has two sacks himself. Could you imagine our fan base, if we only had 4 defensive sacks after 6 weeks of play? It wouldn't be pretty. Buffalo's pass rush is nonexistent. Their lack of pass rush isn't anything new either, they ranked 27th last year in sacks, with only 27 sacks. Their lack of pass rush, was the only reason why they went after, and landed Shawne Merriman; who's been a monumental bust in Buffalo. They took a gamble on a player who's been depleated by previous injuries, and now they're paying for it. The deal blew up in their face. 4 sacks. Once again, 4 sacks after 6 weeks of play. What's even worse, is their defense is getting NO pressure against opposing QB's. None at all.

How quickly Jet fans are to overrate a team such as Buffalo, all because of ESPN highlights of a couple defensive INT's or Fred Jackson... Without first understanding that Buffalo's defense is an NFL laughing stock.

Yards a game don't matter. it's points and turnovers. They cause a lot of turnovers and don't give up loads of points like they do yards. you don't get points for yardage, it isn't fantasy football.

We'll just see how the season plays out, there's a lot of guys hurt on defense that should heal up after the bye. Jets are a very beatable team with a horrible offense. The Bills horrible defense should be able to contain them enough. It'll be great games for sure.

Our awful 3 game road trip that occurred in Oakland, Baltimore and New England became our longest road trip since 1982. Unfortunately we went 0-3, but that horrendous road trip is now considered to be a thing of the past. As a team, and as a fan base, we have to move on. As a fan, I'm just thankful that we have Nick Mangold back at full strength from (hopefully) here on out.

Obviously we're on a 3 game losing skid, but it's not the end of the world, and it's most definitely not the end of our playoff hopes. Back in 2009 we only made the playoffs with a record of 9-7, but that Jets team not only went through one 3 game losing streak, they lived through two streaks of 3 consecutive loses. This season isn't over.

We're 2-0 at home this year, and 3 of our next 4 games are at home. The Jets can go on a playoff push from here on out. First and foremost, the 0-4 Miami Dolphins are up next come Monday night football. A win against these Dolphins, and the Jets could have plenty of confidence and momentum heading into our game against the Chargers at 3-3 overall, another home game. If NY could beat these guys during the playoffs back in 2009, on the road in SD, we can beat these guys in our house. Two years ago may be a pretty bad example, but with a win against the Dolphins, we'll most definitely have a chance to turn our season around against the Chargers. They're more than beatable.

After SD, we have a bye week, follwed by another road game against the Bills in Buffalo. Hopefully the Bills drop one of their next two games against either the Giants or Redskins. Meaning our game could be for 2nd place of the AFC East. Which is important once you factor in the wild card picture. The Bills may be 4-1, but this isn't a team that I fear. During the past three games we've played eachother, the Jets have gone 3-0, and have also outscored the Bills by the score of 95-34. As long as we can take care of Miami, and finish off San Diego, we'll finish off these Bills with a hard fought victory, earning our first road win of the season and more importantly, improving to 5-3 on the season.

Then comes our rematch against the Patriots during week 10. I'll leave this game alone, but at least it's a home game for our Jets. Now, if the Patriots drop one of their next 3 games against the Cowboys, Steelers or Giants... Our week 10 rematch will once again, be for first place of the AFC East. That's as long as we can take care of the Dolphins, Chargers and Bills.

Win our next 3 games, and we'll find ourselves right back in the thick of things in regards to the AFC playoff picture. I'm not willing to quit on a team, that's been to two consecutive AFC Championship games, all because of a 3 game losing streak heading into week 6. Our playoff push starts against the 0-4 Dolphins. Bring on Miami.

I hate to say "I told you so", but I told you so. This post deserves to be quoted. Two wins down, one more to go before heading into our rematch with the Patriots at 5-3.

I hate to say "I told you so", but I told you so. This post deserves to be quoted. Two wins down, one more to go before heading into our rematch with the Patriots at 5-3.

You go boy.

Me and you wuz all over them hoez at the start of this thread.

:highfives:

I'm puzzled as to how a Jets team so loaded with talent can perform so poorly as they have done so far this season.

Has Rex lost his ability to motivate the players? Did the team believe all the early hype and thought they could just show up to win games?

In the Raiders game, the defense had a lapse. In the Ravens game, it was the offense's turn. The mental side of the game is what seems to be off right now. Fortunately, that is something that can be fixed more easily than things like injuries. The question is: Will it be fixed in time?

I think we can point the finger at poor o-line play in those loses.

Let's hope the excellent o-line play in the last 2 games is here to stay!

After SD, we have a bye week, follwed by another road game against the Bills in Buffalo. Hopefully the Bills drop one of their next two games against either the Giants or Redskins. Meaning our game could be for 2nd place of the AFC East. Which is important once you factor in the wild card picture.

Then comes our rematch against the Patriots during week 10. I'll leave this game alone, but at least it's a home game for our Jets. Now, if the Patriots drop one of their next 3 games against the Cowboys, Steelers or Giants... Our week 10 rematch will once again, be for first place of the AFC East. That's as long as we can take care of the Dolphins, Chargers and Bills.

Win our next 3 games, and we'll find ourselves right back in the thick of things in regards to the AFC playoff picture. I'm not willing to quit on a team, that's been to two consecutive AFC Championship games, all because of a 3 game losing streak heading into week 6. Our playoff push starts against the 0-4 Dolphins. Bring on Miami.

I'm sorry, but way too many Jet fan quit on our team during our 3 game losing streak. Pretty sad coming from a fan base that's seen us advance to consecutive AFC Championship games under Rex, Sanchez and a top 5 defense. I'm just proud of the fact that I've always been a realist, as someone who could look at the entire picture, before throwing my team under the bus all because of 3 loses. Kind of like the fans who consider Sanchez a regular season loser all because of his first two NFL seasons after only 1 year of college starting experience. The same fans who quit on the team, were the same fans calling me a "homer" during our 3 game losing streak. All because I refused to quit on the season or settle for a wildcard birth, While I was nothing more than a realist, they were nothing more than negative quitters.

Now look, everything I've stated came true. The Jets beat both the Dolphins and Chargers. This Jets-Bills matchup is for 2nd place of the AFC East, the Patriots lost one of their 3 games and as long as we can take out Buffalo... Our rematch against the Patriots will be for 1st place of the AFC East.

I'm sorry, but way too many Jet fan quit on our team during our 3 game losing streak. Pretty sad coming from a fan base that's seen us advance to consecutive AFC Championship games under Rex, Sanchez and a top 5 defense. I'm just proud of the fact that I've always been a realist, as someone who could look at the entire picture, before throwing my team under the bus all because of 3 loses. Kind of like the fans who consider Sanchez a regular season loser all because of his first two NFL seasons after only 1 year of college starting experience. The same fans who quit on the team, were the same fans calling me a "homer" during our 3 game losing streak. All because I refused to quit on the season or settle for a wildcard birth, While I was nothing more than a realist, they were nothing more than negative quitters.

Now look, everything I've stated came true. The Jets beat both the Dolphins and Chargers. This Jets-Bills matchup is for 2nd place of the AFC East, the Patriots lost one of their 3 games and as long as we can take out Buffalo... Our rematch against the Patriots will be for 1st place of the AFC East.

You also said the Skins would kill the Bills. Selectively patting yourself on the back at every oppurtunity for a 4-3 team is a little overboard.

Jets fans had every right for criticizing the teams play in losses to Oakland and the Ravens as well as lucky wins against the Boys and Phins. The Charger game while our most complete game of the season took some gifts from Rivers and Norv as well for us to win.

I don't think that means that fans quit on the team but were simply being realists. Get to 6-3 and we can talk about the team having righted the ship.

You also said the Skins would kill the Bills. Selectively patting yourself on the back at every oppurtunity for a 4-3 team is a little overboard.

Jets fans had every right for criticizing the teams play in losses to Oakland and the Ravens as well as lucky wins against the Boys and Phins. The Charger game while our most complete game of the season took some gifts from Rivers and Norv as well for us to win.

I don't think that means that fans quit on the team but were simply being realists. Get to 6-3 and we can talk about the team having righted the ship.

Every time we win a game, its lucky or "we" get gifts...give me a break (I.e. Boys-Fins)...all the NFL experts say the same thing. Anything the Jets do is mariginalized in terms of wins...we loose, then it's because we suck. This is just horse crap mentality. The way the NFL is today, more than any other sport is dictated by emotion and physicality. And if you are NOT ready in those capacities, coupled with the piss-poor NFL refs calling, you are done. Where teams get an edge is in game adjustments. No adjustment your done, adjustments you have a chance. In the case of the Jets, in specific this coming sunday and after coming off of the bye, I can tell you right now that Rex is 0-2 coming off byes and I hope we take the next step and win this game, get a head of steam going next week for the show down with the Pats. So can we be 5-3 the simple answer is yes.

During a time where the Jets were 2-3 and riding a 3 game losing streak... I just had that feeling, that we'd take care of Miami, beat the Chargers in a tough way, and have our way with Buffalo. That's exactly what happened. Just seen too much promise in this Jets roster and coaching staff... To call it quits.

Now... We get our rematch against the Patriots. But this time? Our run game is clicking, our run defense has came alive, our offense is moving the ball, we're HEALTHY on the offensive line, and most importantly.... It's in OUR HOUSE! Where we've gone 4-1 against these guys dating back to 2006.

1st place on the line at 5-3 overall and riding a 3 game win streak. I'll enjoy this Buffalo Bills win for the time being, but until then... BRING ON THE PATRIOTS!

You are literally more annoying than the Fiat commercials with J. Lo.

I have a 73 Fiat Spider and I want to do all sorts of things to JLo, but that commercial is fricken annoying as all hell. It didn't bother me at first, in fact I like the car... But I have grown to hate that commercial.

Jets are a very beatable team

Says the guy who's seen the Jets DESTROY his team during 4 consecutive games.

with a horrible offense.

Says the guy who just seen our offense put up 348 yards, 27 points and even Sanchez had a QB rating of 90+. Yup, the Jets offense "sucks". Means nothing coming from a Jills fan though,

The Bills horrible defense should be able to contain them enough.
You couldn't be more wrong, about your own team at that. lol.

It'll be great games for sure.

Wrong. It was a ONE SIDED game. The Jets were up 24 points before the Bills got a GARBAGE TIME TD + 2 PT conv; after the game was out of reach.

PS... The Bills suck guy. Frauds if I've ever seen one.

They are a good football team right now.

Wrong. The Bills aren't a good football team. They've been overrated because of a 3-0 start. They've since lost 3 of 5. Nothing more than a 7-9 / 8-8 type of team.

That's just a silly statement. The Jets don't scare me whatsoever.

And you've just been a silly fan. You weren't scared of the Jets, despite the fact that we've won 4 consecutive games against your Bills team, by the score of 122-45? Nice to know. If you "weren't scared" of this Jets-Bills matchup heading into yesterdays game... It just goes to show how naive you've really been around here.

None of those offenses are anything special.

That's funny; especially coming from a Bills fan who's seen us average 30.5 points per game during our last 4 matchups.

Very winnable games.

For the Jets? Yes. For the Bills? Not a chance in hell. Cant wait to see the Jets physically destroy the Bills for the 5th consecutive time come week 12, this time, in our house. I look for the Bills to be 5-5 heading into that game. @ Dallas and @ Miami before heading into JetLife Stadium. Yes, I said it, the DOLPHINS will have their way with Buffalo.

I couldn't disagree more. This will be fun to bump heading to Week 13, where if you're wrong I'm sure you'll run and hide, or just come up with more and more excuses.

Huh? Looks like you've became "that fan" who's hid under a rock. Waiting for your excuses.

Meh, they lost both games by 3 points and both on the road to teams who are 4-2.

And just lost to the Jets by 16. You all were down (and out) by 24 before scoring a GARBAGE TIME TD.

I'm not worried at all.

Well, now you should be. You all aren't beating the Cowboys, on the road, in Dallas.

Me and JFFQ holding it down.

What?

I just find it sad how...

Jets vs. Bills Preview, Prediction

default_large.png Posted by SweetLee83 on 04 November 2011 - 07:34 PM in New York Jets Message Board

It's gonna be a really good, close game. That's all I know!

That was his last post after spending ALOT of time on this site since the start of the season, but yet... He hasn't even came back to say as much as "good game". What a troll. What makes it priceless is this...

So hypocritical. Now look at the one who's hiding under a rock...

Archived