Jets Trade Mason

JonEJet

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to John McClain on Twitter, the New York Jets have traded WR Derrick Mason to the Houston Texans.

@McClain_on_NFL John McClainTexans have traded a conditional draft choice to Jets for WR Derrick Mason.Derrick Mason was seen on the sidelines last week during the Patriots game, while rookie wideout Jeremy Kerley took his playing time.  Kerley made the most of the opportunity with hist first career touchdown reception.There have been rumors about why Mason was in the dog-house, but we won’t speculate.  What we do know is that Derrick Mason is no longer a Jet and that sends a strong message to the locker room.

Tell us what you think in our

di</img>di</img>

QPnDgyBNEME

View the full article

It's all over twitter.

LOFL. The Jets are an even bigger joke

How's that exactly? Don't get this one at all. In just one game with more reps Kerley showed more than Mason has all year. To turn around and get a pick in return for a 37-year-old #3 WR who hasn't done sh*t all year is impressive. I'm not exactly thrilled with a lot of the things the Jets have done this year, but I find it a little tough to find all that much to criticize about this particular move.

How's that exactly? Don't get this one at all. In just one game with more reps Kerley showed more than Mason has all year. To turn around and get a pick in return for a 37-year-old #3 WR who hasn't done sh*t all year is impressive. I'm not exactly thrilled with a lot of the things the Jets have done this year, but I find it a little tough to find all that much to criticize about this particular move.

You can see it like that or you can see it that Mason got sent out because he publicly criticized the offense. This, after Rex said he thought Mason would get 80 catches this year and TODAY Rex saying that Mason is still in their plans

As to the pick, the Jets likely got the Kerry special (7th rounder) that they'll waste on a glorified UDFA like Scotty McKnight. I don't really call that something for nothing. It's more like nothing for nothing

You can see it like that or you can see it that Mason got sent out because he publicly criticized the offense. This, after Rex said he thought Mason would get 80 catches this year and TODAY Rex saying that Mason is still in their plans

As to the pick, the Jets likely got the Kerry special (7th rounder) that they'll waste on a glorified UDFA like Scotty McKnight. I don't really call that something for nothing. It's more like nothing for nothing

Apparently he was part of there 'plans'.

Regardless, I'm overwhelmed by my feelings of 'whatever'.

Tanny picked him up as an FA and managed to trade him and get something in return. I'd call that a win in my book.

He should have never signed him in the first place. Signing a 37 year old receiver after you signed a 34 year old receiver who hasn't played in 2 years is just stupid IMO.

With both Holmes and Burress on the outside, I really like Kerley coming out of the slot. He's quick and scrappy; which is exactly what we've needed coming out of the slot position. A 37 year old Mason just wasn't cutting it.

With Mason being benched this past Sunday, rookie Jeremy Kerley had his first chance to impact at WR; and he came up solid with 3 receptions for 35 yards and a TD. I've enjoyed this kid as a punt returner, but now that he's became our slot WR, it's time for Joe McKnight to take over as our punt returner as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHCHWXrhKJI

Archived