Jets Trade Mason

JonEJet

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see it like that or you can see it that Mason got sent out because he publicly criticized the offense. This, after Rex said he thought Mason would get 80 catches this year and TODAY Rex saying that Mason is still in their plans

As to the pick, the Jets likely got the Kerry special (7th rounder) that they'll waste on a glorified UDFA like Scotty McKnight. I don't really call that something for nothing. It's more like nothing for nothing

I suppose it's possible, I'm just not sure that I buy that. The guy hasn't done crap all year and they saw an opportunity to move him with another team in need. It could be possible his benching was based on the fact that they were already in negotiations and so were working Kerley into the #3 role and keeping Mason from potentially getting hurt. Either way, I frankly don't give a crap and don't know why anyone would, because the Jets are getting something for a guy who was on the team for a couple of months, did absolutely nothing and in his first chance to do so, had a 5th round rookie outshine him, yet they still managed to trade him. Only reason to see this as a particularly negative reflection on the Jets is if you're looking for more reasons, and as far as I'm concerned there's enough legitimate crap to criticize them for that you don't need to start digging for stuff. Considering the Steelers traded the Jets Holmes for a 5th rounder because Ben raped some bitches, there's certainly been worse reasons to trade a lot better players for a lot less relative value.

ROFL at praising Tanny for getting an undisclosed draft pick for a guy he should never have wasted a roster spot on in the first place! Cotchery was way more valuable, a good soldier, a leader, a warrior, a true jet (drafted by us) and clutch in 3rd downs. Sorry Cotch, we need Derrick Mason! Mason is gonna catch 80 balls! Now no Cotch, no crappy, washed up Mason, and everyone's fapping to Kerley. so we now have Holmes, a rustbucket in Plax, and a rookie. No downgrade from last year there! Tanny sure schooled 'em! We might get a sith rounder out of this! But probably not. On the upside, at least we're finally admitting mistakes and doing something about it. Never thought I'd see the day when Tanny actually cut bait.

Its doubtful the Jets will get anything in return for Mason. The reason for the trade rather than the cut is to save the money they would have been forced to pay him. The team saves about 650K with the move so thats the real gain for the Jets. Mason just didnt fit in and was a locker room disaster from all accounts. This is also being done to get all the other guys in check and not let them start screaming to the media about problems.

ROFL at praising Tanny for getting an undisclosed draft pick for a guy he should never have wasted a roster spot on in the first place! Cotchery was way more valuable, a good soldier, a leader, a warrior, a true jet (drafted by us) and clutch in 3rd downs. Sorry Cotch, we need Derrick Mason! Mason is gonna catch 80 balls! Now no Cotch, no crappy, washed up Mason, and everyone's fapping to Kerley. so we now have Holmes, a rustbucket in Plax, and a rookie. No downgrade from last year there! Tanny sure schooled 'em! We might get a sith rounder out of this! But probably not. On the upside, at least we're finally admitting mistakes and doing something about it. Never thought I'd see the day when Tanny actually cut bait.

Cotchery's stat line for 2011:

2011 Pittsburgh Steelers 2 0 0 0 -- -- 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Enough said.

Its doubtful the Jets will get anything in return for Mason. The reason for the trade rather than the cut is to save the money they would have been forced to pay him. The team saves about 650K with the move so thats the real gain for the Jets. Mason just didnt fit in and was a locker room disaster from all accounts. This is also being done to get all the other guys in check and not let them start screaming to the media about problems.

That. Plus he sucked as a WR. Don't forget the sucking as a wide receiver part.

I agree. Granted Cotch hasn't recorded a catch, seen the field, and is pretty much 5th on the depth chart, but let's not play semantics.

Hardly a fantastic move but not exactly "OMG THE JETS ARE SUCH A JOKE!!" material either.

It was a response to a guy praising Tannenbaum for his caginess.

It is what it is--Tanny and Rex thinking they could add yet another exiled veteran to the locker room without reaching the point of malcontent saturation. There's a fine balance between having just the right amount of wackjobs on the roster and having too many. Mason was that one too many. Hopefully.

It is what it is--Tanny and Rex thinking they could add yet another exiled veteran to the locker room without reaching the point of malcontent saturation. There's a fine balance between having just the right amount of wackjobs on the roster and having too many. Mason was that one too many. Hopefully.

Ha! HA! The Plaxiclock's been running since the Baltimore game. I'd set the line on his mouth following his actions eventually at .7

What's the point of comparing an awful player with one who is inactive. Now excuse me while I compare a player with one who is inactive.

The Steelers have better receivers than the jets. So Cotch doesn't break their lineup. Our receivers are not as established. See. So Cotch would be of value here, whereas he is not as great a value to the Steelers.

Jerome Felton has been active at RB this year. He has more stats than Bilal Powell and Shane Vereen combined. By your reasoning, he must be much better. Though he's horrible, in reality. He's just on a team that needs to play him. Whereas Powell and Vereen have a bunch of established vets ahead of them. Is this too complicated or was I just unclear?

Oh, I know, that response wasn't directed at you as much as adding on to what you were saying, as there people taking it to the opposite extreme and both extremes are ridiculous. I think you pretty much nailed it there, and combine that with the fact that he's been mediocre, at best, for the Jets so far, there was little reason to put up with it, so it was a move that kind of just made some sense and that's about it.

Oh, I know, that response wasn't directed at you as much as adding on to what you were saying, as there people taking it to the opposite extreme and both extremes are ridiculous. I think you pretty much nailed it there, and combine that with the fact that he's been mediocre, at best, for the Jets so far, there was little reason to put up with it, so it was a move that kind of just made some sense and that's about it.

I think this marks the first time you've responded to one of my posts where you didn't try to eat my face.

Archived