Robert Mathis???

jetfan718

Says a fan of a team that's been to two consecutive trips to the AFC Championship game.

Oh my god, oh my god, rebuilding mode at it's worst. What a joke, all because of a slow start 5 weeks into the season.

I bet you were the FIRST Jet fan, to "make it known", back in 2009, that the Jets were "a long way from being on the cusp of anything good" all because of a 3-3 record after losing 3 consecutive games. Yup, that team wasn't on the cusp of anything good. What a joke.

I prefer to deal in the reality of the situation. This team has taken a significant step backwards from last season in virtually every aspect of the game and is fortunate not to be 1-4 -- their play on the field shows exactly what they are. As things stand, this simply is not a good football team. Renting Mathis for 10 games is not going to put them over the top. What part of reality is so difficult for you to grasp? .

we just drafted two defensive lineman. A 1st and 3rd rd pick. Now a 4th for the same position for 9 games? Yeah, Mostro is the unreasonable one. LMAO.

He's a pass rusher. He is not a competitor for Wilkerson or Ellis. The Jets had Klecko and Marty Lyons when they drafted Gastineau. I guess it was a mistake. I mean it's not possible to use them all!

If you don't like the rental idea, fine, but acting like Mathis plays the same position as Mathis and Ellis is silly.

I prefer to deal in the reality of the situation. This team has taken a significant step backwards from last season in virtually every aspect of the game and is fortunate not to be 1-4 -- their play on the field shows exactly what they are. As things stand, this simply is not a good football team. Renting Mathis for 10 games is not going to put them over the top. What part of reality is so difficult for you to grasp? .

Careful. This is quickly becoming a Homer haven. Criticism is not welcome. Anyone who looks at the team as it stands is not taking into account the fact that we're awesome and were IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP THE LAST TWO YEARS!

He's a pass rusher. He is not a competitor for Wilkerson or Ellis. The Jets had Klecko and Marty Lyons when they drafted Gastineau. I guess it was a mistake. I mean it's not possible to use them all!

If you don't like the rental idea, fine, but acting like Mathis plays the same position as Mathis and Ellis is silly.

Drafted Gastineau. And played a 4-3. Apples and oranges. We play a 3 man line and have Wilkerson, Ellis, Pouha, DeVito.

I love how people can complain about this. We need a pass rusher! We need a pass rusher! A pass rusher for a 4th? It's a one year rental and how can we find our depth?

Mathis would walk right on and take Maybin's place. Even if he can't play any standup OLB he's a fairly major upgrade over Maybin and would be a valid game day active every week. I don't think Maybin has rushed from a standup position twice this season and I'm sure Mathis won't go quite so far outside so running against him on 3rd and long won't be so ridiculously (redickulously?) easy.

I'm sure this is a bullsh*t rumor, but I'd take it.

This

Drafted Gastineau. And played a 4-3. Apples and oranges. We play a 3 man line and have Wilkerson, Ellis, Pouha, DeVito.

Apples and apples. You can haggle over the compensation, but you can't tell me that Mathis couldn't do 100% of what Maybin does 100% better. Do you know how many 4-3 DEs the Jets have? Pace, Thomas, Westerman, McIntyre and Maybin. Mathis would not be here to take the place of Wilkerson, Ellis, Pouha or Devito. Also, the stats say the Jets line up in a 3-4 something like 30% of the time. It might be nice to have an upgrade for the other 70% of the time.

Also, FWIW, I have never heard somebody being in favor of a trade being a homer. It seems to me that wanting to stay the course is usually more of a homer move.

You are delusional -- compared the rest of this team's issues, push off the D-line is the least of our problems. Deals like this make sense only when a team is on the cusp of going all the way. The Jets are a long way from being on the cusp of anything good.

I'm not so sure about that. If we can't stop the run, we don't stand a chance, especially if we fall behind. We do need to get that line working better / replace hunter, but that move couldn't hurt at all.

Apples and apples. You can haggle over the compensation, but you can't tell me that Mathis couldn't do 100% of what Maybin does 100% better. Do you know how many 4-3 DEs the Jets have? Pace, Thomas, Westerman, McIntyre and Maybin. Mathis would not be here to take the place of Wilkerson, Ellis, Pouha or Devito. Also, the stats say the Jets line up in a 3-4 something like 30% of the time. It might be nice to have an upgrade for the other 70% of the time.

Also, FWIW, I have never heard somebody being in favor of a trade being a homer. It seems to me that wanting to stay the course is usually more of a homer move.

The Homer comment was in response to the BUT WE MADE THE AFC CG TWO YEARS RUNNING! Comments that people keep throwing out about the past when this team has been struggling far more mightily than those two squads ever did.. Wasn't you. That's why i made that statement in a separate post from the one I quoted from you. That being said we are not on the cusp of anything,. The Buffalo Bills are looking down at us. We're in 3rd place out of 4 teams and would've been down yet another game if Romo doesn't pull a choke job. The issues were evident in preseason. Line depth was an issue then, when it became obvious Vlad wasn't developing fast enough for this season. Pass rush was an issue. Didn't address it. Dline depth was addressed via draft. WR was addressed via FA (for better or worse). TE was strengthened by the development of Cumberland.

corner status quo. Safety was not addressed and even weakened with the losses of Lowery and Ihedigbo. RB staus quo but with a downgrade at FB (which was bound to happen eventually). This team has taken a step back talent wise and we've got a lot to fix. Mathis doesn't fix our issues, especially if we toss away a 4th rounder on him and get 10 games. A 4th rounder is a potential career player for us. We've done better in rds 3,4,5 than we have in the ones and two's the last few years. It's just rediculous to chase every shiny new overpriced FA when that's what got us into this mess in the first place. Hoard picks, draft, develop. We may not get to the big show this year, but a solid team with depth and talent that is well coached and has a deep pool of role/developmental players will remain competitive for years. That's what i'm hoping for in the coming seasons. A team built to win the SB and then get back in the hunt again and again for years to come. You don't do that with a slew of one-year rentals.

Comments that people keep throwing out about the past when this team has been struggling far more mightily than those two squads ever did..

Shows how little you really know in regards to the Jets over the past two years.

I guess you weren't around for the 2009 season. Did you really just sit here and stae, that this Jets team of 2011 has struggled "far more mightily than those two squads ever did"? What a joke.

We're on a 3 game losing streak, but guess what, back in 2009, the Jets lost three consecutive games two different times. To much lesser/weaker teams at that.

During our first 3 game losing streak, falling to 3-3, we lost to the Saints and two horrible teams in the Dolphins and Bills. Much worse than losing to the Ravens and Patriots on the road. Then, we went on to lose against the Dolphins, Jaguars and Patriots. Horrible loses against Miami and Jax. Both home games. Patriots destroyed us in NE.

The Jets were sitting at 6 loses heading into week 12 to play our 11th game of the season. 4-6 to be exact. So please, when you try and attack this Jets team of 2011, please, make some sense instead of talking out of your a$$. Just because you believe your own thoughts, doesn't mean it's true in regards to the Jets.

Neg rep.

The correct response is: Pouha is too slow to play CB.

We also would have accepted: Kyle Wilson is too small to play RT.

Thanks for playing. We do have some nice parting gifts for you, among which is a JN magnetic schedule calendar from 2007.

It's not that he's too slow, he just doesn't get enough sacks.

Shows how little you really know in regards to the Jets over the past two years.

I guess you weren't around for the 2009 season. Did you really just sit here and stae, that this Jets team of 2011 has struggled "far more mightily than those two squads ever did"? What a joke.

We're on a 3 game losing streak, but guess what, back in 2009, the Jets lost three consecutive games two different times. To much lesser/weaker teams at that.

During our first 3 game losing streak, falling to 3-3, we lost to the Saints and two horrible teams in the Dolphins and Bills. Much worse than losing to the Ravens and Patriots on the road. Then, we went on to lose against the Dolphins, Jaguars and Patriots. Horrible loses against Miami and Jax. Both home games. Patriots destroyed us in NE.

The Jets were sitting at 6 loses heading into week 12 to play our 11th game of the season. 4-6 to be exact. So please, when you try and attack this Jets team of 2011, please, make some sense instead of talking out of your a$$. Just because you believe your own thoughts, doesn't mean it's true in regards to the Jets.

Wrongo Pal. In 2009 we had a better defense and better O-line than we do this day, right now, in the 2011 season. Period. We have been struggling to move the ball at all since the first preseason game and have no answers in sight. 3 game losing streak? We didn't beat the Cowboys. We won by a fluke. A blocked punt and a stupid Romo pick. Newsflash: if you paid attention and took off the green goggles, the Cowboys whipped our asses. The Ravens absolutely Embarrassed us. The Pats game was a no-contest. Our own players are bitching about how bad our offense is. We are unable to run the football for the first time since Curtis Martin played for the Patriots. The 2009 and 2010 Jets were better than the 2011 Jets. And they had a Rookie/1st year QB and head coach. So save the condescending attitude and take a good hard look at what is obvious to any objective football fan. This is not a SB caliber football team this season. You want to keep looking back? look at the Colts. They are not the team they were the last two years either. The Bills are not the team they were the last two years. The Jets are not the same team they were the last two years. And yes, they are struggling mightily. Or are they just about to turn the corner and start scoring at will? Maybe when Brandon Lloyd and Mathis come to NY. That's surely the answer.

The Homer comment was in response to the BUT WE MADE THE AFC CG TWO YEARS RUNNING! Comments that people keep throwing out about the past when this team has been struggling far more mightily than those two squads ever did.. Wasn't you. That's why i made that statement in a separate post from the one I quoted from you. That being said we are not on the cusp of anything,. The Buffalo Bills are looking down at us. We're in 3rd place out of 4 teams and would've been down yet another game if Romo doesn't pull a choke job. The issues were evident in preseason. Line depth was an issue then, when it became obvious Vlad wasn't developing fast enough for this season. Pass rush was an issue. Didn't address it. Dline depth was addressed via draft. WR was addressed via FA (for better or worse). TE was strengthened by the development of Cumberland.

corner status quo. Safety was not addressed and even weakened with the losses of Lowery and Ihedigbo. RB staus quo but with a downgrade at FB (which was bound to happen eventually). This team has taken a step back talent wise and we've got a lot to fix. Mathis doesn't fix our issues, especially if we toss away a 4th rounder on him and get 10 games. A 4th rounder is a potential career player for us. We've done better in rds 3,4,5 than we have in the ones and two's the last few years. It's just rediculous to chase every shiny new overpriced FA when that's what got us into this mess in the first place. Hoard picks, draft, develop. We may not get to the big show this year, but a solid team with depth and talent that is well coached and has a deep pool of role/developmental players will remain competitive for years. That's what i'm hoping for in the coming seasons. A team built to win the SB and then get back in the hunt again and again for years to come. You don't do that with a slew of one-year rentals.

Never mind the rest of this baloney, don't you notice that the bolded items are directly contradictory?

Neg rep.

The correct response is: Pouha is too slow to play CB.

We also would have accepted: Kyle Wilson is too small to play RT.

Thanks for playing. We do have some nice parting gifts for you, among which is a JN magnetic schedule calendar from 2007.

Boo! Fake neg rep!

Wrongo Pal. In 2009 we had a better defense and better O-line than we do this day, right now, in the 2011 season. Period. We have been struggling to move the ball at all since the first preseason game and have no answers in sight. 3 game losing streak? We didn't beat the Cowboys. We won by a fluke. A blocked punt and a stupid Romo pick. Newsflash: if you paid attention and took off the green goggles, the Cowboys whipped our asses. The Ravens absolutely Embarrassed us. The Pats game was a no-contest. Our own players are bitching about how bad our offense is. We are unable to run the football for the first time since Curtis Martin played for the Patriots. The 2009 and 2010 Jets were better than the 2011 Jets. And they had a Rookie/1st year QB and head coach. So save the condescending attitude and take a good hard look at what is obvious to any objective football fan. This is not a SB caliber football team this season. You want to keep looking back? look at the Colts. They are not the team they were the last two years either. The Bills are not the team they were the last two years. The Jets are not the same team they were the last two years. And yes, they are struggling mightily. Or are they just about to turn the corner and start scoring at will? Maybe when Brandon Lloyd and Mathis come to NY. That's surely the answer.

Oh spare me. You think this is the first time the Jets have had trouble running since Curtis? Remember 2005? Kevan Barlow? Derrick Blaylock? Thomas Jones 3 yards and a cloud of dust? The offense has sucked. They probably won't be able to flick a switch and become super bowl contenders, but they have had a slew of sh*tty runs in the past two seasons and they MADE THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. How many games did they fail to break 10 points last season? How many games were won by the return game? Spare me the bullsh*t that Romo gave us the game. We have been handed plenty of games the past two seasons. I'm not saying they are going to turn things around and go on a crazy run, but the idea that we should give up this season is ******* joke. The season isn't over. It's barely begun.

We are unable to run the football for the first time since Curtis Martin played for the Patriots.

You haven't been around as a Jets fan for long, have you? Because with the way you post, it doesn't seem like you have.

In 1999 we ranked 11th in rushing yards and 27th in rushing TD's. Even with Curtis Martin; not very good.

In 2002 we ranked 22nd in rushing yards and 18th in rushing TD's. Awful.

In 2003 we ranked 25th in rushing yards and 26th in rushing TD's. Dreadful.

In 2005 we ranked 31st in rushing yards and 22nd in rusing TD's. Disaster.

In 2006 we ranked 20th in rushing yards and 9th in rushing TD's. Below average.

In 2007 we ranked 19th in rushing yards and 30th in rushing TD's. Ugly.

We are unable to run the football for the first time since Curtis Martin played for the Patriots.

Oh, realllyyy? "For the first time". What a joke/tool remark. Once again, it's either you haven't been a Jets fan for very long (seen many seasons), or you just talk out of your a$$, saying things just to either "say them", or you over exaggerate on a consistant basis. Which one is it? What happened to you saying... "We are unable to run the football for the first time since Curtis Martin played for the Patriots."? Look above, I just proved you wrong. I guess some fans, such as yourself, will say ANYTHING to bash this current Jets team, even if it means talking out of your little a$$ and lying to do so.

We're only heading into our 6th game, and you've already written off our run game? Despite the fact that A) We've been without Nick Mangold for two weeks and B.) We broke an all-time franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season back in 09 and C) Also ranked top 5 in rushing last year. Some fan. Only a negative nancy or uneducated critic would feel that Mathis wouldn't improve our pass rush as an upgrade over Maybin/Westerman or that Lloyd wouldn't improve our entire offense as an upgrade over Burress as our #2 WR.

This is not a SB caliber football team this season.

I'd hate to see what you were saying about the Jets back in 2009, after our 4-6 start to the season.

Thank god our team has heart, and doesn't quit 5 weeks into the season, unlike some of our fan base.

After reading this thread you created last year? From here on out, I'll take what you have to say with a grain of salt. You can call me a "homer" all you like, but I'm sorry that I ever took you seriously. After reading this thread you created, it'll never happen again. Take care.

So, we cut Danny Woodhead and kept McKnight. We don't use McKnight. We cut Feely and hired Folk. Wow. Folk is the kicker who got cut last year for doing exactly what he's doing this year. We draft still another CB when our biggest hole is pass-rusher. That CB can't get on the field. And McKnight is being looked at to play DB. We hire Jason Taylor. Which is epic fail on so many levels--particularly considering he has a direct link to the Folk aquisition. We draft a replacement for alan faneca. He's so bad he doesn't even dress. That's first and second round draft pick down. McKnight costs two draft picks. He rarely dresses. The bright spot--John connor--is unnecessary to this team, and plays backup fullback. Who carries a backup fullback?

Funny how you quit on Joe McKnight during his rookie season, all because of a "bad training camp". McKnight is on the verge of becoming one of our young stars. Funny how you quit on Folk before giving the kid a chance. He kicked a game winner against the Colts during the playoffs last postseason and has gone 7/7 this year with two kicks of 40+ and 1 FG of 50+ yards. How has Jay Feely been since leaving NY? He's sucked. You bashed the front office for going after Jason Taylor? The same Jason Taylor that put up 5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles for us? You once again, quit on Kyle Wilson during his rookie season last year. You still wanna question Kyle Wilson or our coaching staff for Wilson "not seeing the field" as a rookie? He's been outstanding as our nickel back thus far through 5 weeks. You still wanna say that Slauson is "so bad" that he "Doesn't play"?

I've seen a sad trend with you. Not only do you quit on the team during the season, but you also label every rookie/2nd year player as a bust and or question the front office in regards to their draftings ala Joe McKnight, Matt Slauson and Kyle Wilson of last year.

What's new? Now, as of right now, here in 2011? You're still bashing the team left and right. If we're all "homers", what's that make you? Negativy Nancy, much? It's no shocker that you've quit on our team, potential upgrades and our run game... All because of 5 weeks of football. Heck, you even quit on rookies and 2nd year players like they've "already busted".

Saying the Jets offense struggled this year much more than the 2009 Jets is a complete joke. So what if the oline was better? Sanchez averaged less than 1 TD per game, and we had some terrible offensive games, even with a great line and running game. Our defense was amazing and gave us countless opportunities but we could never convert. Remember the Falcons game, the Bills game, Jags, both dolphins games? We sucked against bad teams and couldn't score to save our lives. As an offense, our run game isn't as strong and neither is the line, but our passing game has gotten miles better. We had 2 separate 3 game losing streaks. Even in our bad games we're putting up 20+ points. In 09 it was rare to get past 14. If we lose to the Dolphins and then Bills, I'll agree with you, but that ain't happening.

After reading this thread you created last year? From here on out, I'll take what you have to say with a grain of salt. You can call me a "homer" all you like, but I'm sorry that I ever took you seriously. After reading this thread you created, it'll never happen again. Take care.

Funny how you quit on Joe McKnight during his rookie season, all because of a "bad training camp". McKnight is on the verge of becoming one of our young stars. Funny how you quit on Folk before giving the kid a chance. He kicked a game winner against the Colts during the playoffs last postseason and has gone 7/7 this year with two kicks of 40+ and 1 FG of 50+ yards. How has Jay Feely been since leaving NY? He's sucked. You bashed the front office for going after Jason Taylor? The same Jason Taylor that put up 5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles for us? You once again, quit on Kyle Wilson during his rookie season last year. You still wanna question Kyle Wilson or our coaching staff for Wilson "not seeing the field" as a rookie? He's been outstanding as our nickel back thus far through 5 weeks. You still wanna say that Slauson is "so bad" that he "Doesn't play"?

I've seen a sad trend with you. Not only do you quit on the team during the season, but you also label every rookie/2nd year player as a bust and or question the front office in regards to their draftings ala Joe McKnight, Matt Slauson and Kyle Wilson of last year.

What's new? Now, as of right now, here in 2011? You're still bashing the team left and right. If we're all "homers", what's that make you? Negativy Nancy, much? It's no shocker that you've quit on our team, potential upgrades and our run game... All because of 5 weeks of football. Heck, you even quit on rookies and 2nd year players like they've "already busted".

So, we cut Danny Woodhead and kept McKnight. We don't use McKnight. We cut Feely and hired Folk. Wow. Folk is the kicker who got cut last year for doing exactly what he's doing this year. We draft still another CB when our biggest hole is pass-rusher. That CB can't get on the field. And McKnight is being looked at to play DB. We hire Jason Taylor. Which is epic fail on so many levels--particularly considering he has a direct link to the Folk aquisition. We draft a replacement for alan faneca. He's so bad he doesn't even dress. That's first and second round draft pick down. McKnight costs two draft picks. He rarely dresses. The bright spot--John connor--is unnecessary to this team, and plays backup fullback. Who carries a backup fullback?

So. What above was not true at the time it was posted? What has born out false over time? We cut D. Woodhead and don't use McKnight. What about this is incorrect, dude? What? Tell me, I'm all ears.

Nick Folk got cut for sucking. He was super-sucking for us at the time of the post.

Feely: 2009 rank: #14, 2010 rank, #19, 2010 rank, #4

Folk: 2009 rank: #49, 2010 rank, #31, 2011 rank, #30.

And I'm the one who needs to do more research because I made a generalization about our past rushing attack. Obciously the Clement/Clarke years were not good. We have been a historically solid rushing team. If I exaggerated and you took it literally, then I recant and totally admit we have had a handful of mediocer rushing seasons. I guess that proves we're awesome this year.

We draft a CB when our biggest hole is pass rusher. Which part of that was wrong? Again, all ears. This statement is the very reason you want Mathis. Because we still don't have a pass rush. Hmmm...so far your criticism is falling flat.

Slauson? The post doesn't mention mention Slauson. It's about Ducasse. You know, the guy we drafted in the year in question? You must not have been a Jets fan for very long or just like talking out of your a$$ (not my words--I don't address fellow board members that way.) So my statement LAST YEAR was that Ducasse was awful and didn't even dress. DUCASSE who was drafted with Wilson and McKnight and Connor. Guess I was wrong on him, huh? Ducasse is awesome.

Jason Taylor can stick his five sacks up his a$$. He has always been the enemy. He even attacked the fanbase. And has been anti-Jets for a decade. If you've been a Jets fan for more than a year, then you've despised that idiot too.

McKnight cost two draft picks and sees the field rarely. Said it then, Saying it now. This isn't opinion. It's an obsevation. Fact. Period. Argue that he plays enough to warrant two draft picks? Please. I'm waiting. Woodhead has more carries and more catches and more total yards than McKnight over the past two years and he cost no draft picks and was cheap. Tell me this isn't true somehow. Man...my post is looking better and better now, isn't it?

John Connor was an unneeded backup fullback. He was behind T-Rich. Nobody carries two fullbacks. This was wrong how? To be honest--he isn't as good as TRich. Time will tell with him. But I never knocked the kid. Never. Just stated that he, like McKnight, Wilson and Ducasse, weren't contributing equivalent to their cost--for whatever reason.

Now. About how long I've been a Jets fan. My father and I used to go to Shea when we had season tickets in the 70's and 80's, I got my own season tickets in Giants stadium and now have season tickets in MetLife. I watched Chrebet catch the winning TD over Tampa the week Keyshawn called him a flashlight. I watched it during my wedding reception. I know this team. I know how they build you up and fall to earth, crushing your hopes year after year, season after season. I've been emotionally invested in this team for most of my 39 years. And I've been waiting for the collapse because that's what they do. They blew it the last two years. They Blew it with the Favre season. They blew against Denver. They blew it against A.J. Duhe and the Dolphins. They Blew it against the Browns with a Gastineau penalty. They Blew on Doug Brien Field Goals. They blow it. I've been waiting for the Jets to stop candy shopping and start building a team from the indise out. A real team of Jets players. Not a bunch of Mercenary castoffs and one-year rentals. And I will bitch about Tannenbaum until I see that happen.

So. What above was not true at the time it was posted? What has born out false over time? We cut D. Woodhead and don't use McKnight. What about this is incorrect, dude? What? Tell me, I'm all ears.

Nick Folk got cut for sucking. He was super-sucking for us at the time of the post.

Feely: 2009 rank: #14, 2010 rank, #19, 2010 rank, #4

Folk: 2009 rank: #49, 2010 rank, #31, 2011 rank, #30.

And I'm the one who needs to do more research because I made a generalization about our past rushing attack. Obciously the Clement/Clarke years were not good. We have been a historically solid rushing team. If I exaggerated and you took it literally, then I recant and totally admit we have had a handful of mediocer rushing seasons. I guess that proves we're awesome this year.

We draft a CB when our biggest hole is pass rusher. Which part of that was wrong? Again, all ears. This statement is the very reason you want Mathis. Because we still don't have a pass rush. Hmmm...so far your criticism is falling flat.

Slauson? The post doesn't mention mention Slauson. It's about Ducasse. You know, the guy we drafted in the year in question? You must not have been a Jets fan for very long or just like talking out of your a$$ (not my words--I don't address fellow board members that way.) So my statement LAST YEAR was that Ducasse was awful and didn't even dress. DUCASSE who was drafted with Wilson and McKnight and Connor. Guess I was wrong on him, huh? Ducasse is awesome.

Jason Taylor can stick his five sacks up his a$$. He has always been the enemy. He even attacked the fanbase. And has been anti-Jets for a decade. If you've been a Jets fan for more than a year, then you've despised that idiot too.

McKnight cost two draft picks and sees the field rarely. Said it then, Saying it now. This isn't opinion. It's an obsevation. Fact. Period. Argue that he plays enough to warrant two draft picks? Please. I'm waiting. Woodhead has more carries and more catches and more total yards than McKnight over the past two years and he cost no draft picks and was cheap. Tell me this isn't true somehow. Man...my post is looking better and better now, isn't it?

John Connor was an unneeded backup fullback. He was behind T-Rich. Nobody carries two fullbacks. This was wrong how? To be honest--he isn't as good as TRich. Time will tell with him. But I never knocked the kid. Never. Just stated that he, like McKnight, Wilson and Ducasse, weren't contributing equivalent to their cost--for whatever reason.

Now. About how long I've been a Jets fan. My father and I used to go to Shea when we had season tickets in the 70's and 80's, I got my own season tickets in Giants stadium and now have season tickets in MetLife. I watched Chrebet catch the winning TD over Tampa the week Keyshawn called him a flashlight. I watched it during my wedding reception. I know this team. I know how they build you up and fall to earth, crushing your hopes year after year, season after season. I've been emotionally invested in this team for most of my 39 years. And I've been waiting for the collapse because that's what they do. They blew it the last two years. They Blew it with the Favre season. They blew against Denver. They blew it against A.J. Duhe and the Dolphins. They Blew it against the Browns with a Gastineau penalty. They Blew on Doug Brien Field Goals. They blow it. I've been waiting for the Jets to stop candy shopping and start building a team from the indise out. A real team of Jets players. Not a bunch of Mercenary castoffs and one-year rentals. And I will bitch about Tannenbaum until I see that happen.

Drafting for need is a good way to make sh*tty draft picks.

PS: When was Folk cut for sucking and what did it have to do with Jason Taylor? Folk was cut by the Cowboys, but he's been with the Jets and at least solid for the past 2 years.

Drafting for need is a good way to make sh*tty draft picks.

PS: When was Folk cut for sucking and what did it have to do with Jason Taylor? Folk was cut by the Cowboys, but he's been with the Jets and at least solid for the past 2 years.

We had to cut Feely to pick up Taylor due to the "final Four" free agency rules at the time. In order to add a FA, you have to give one up. Stupid rule if you ask me. Bad decision considering Taylor is gone and Feely has ranked higher at PK every year including this and last. It wasn't a huge deal, just one of many moves I had commented on last year. Folk was horrible for the 'Boys. they cut him. Not us. He was ranked #49 at the time, which is no easy feat considering there are only 32 teams. He's doing better now that Westy has a'hold of him. Now there's a guy I have never bitched about.

We had to cut Feely to pick up Taylor due to the "final Four" free agency rules at the time. In order to add a FA, you have to give one up. Stupid rule if you ask me. Bad decision considering Taylor is gone and Feely has ranked higher at PK every year including this and last. It wasn't a huge deal, just one of many moves I had commented on last year. Folk was horrible for the 'Boys. they cut him. Not us. He was ranked #49 at the time, which is no easy feat considering there are only 32 teams. He's doing better now that Westy has a'hold of him. Now there's a guy I have never bitched about.

I don't think Westhoff was very fond of Feely in the first place. I think he is a liitle bit of a cowboy and that has gotten him into trouble in a few places and cut despite his being statistically a decent kicker. You'd think that would mean they'd love him here, but I'm not so sure. I think letting Weatherford go during the Aso sweepstakes was more of a risk, but I don't think they liked him very much either.

How exactly is Feely ranked higher than Folk this year considering Folk has yet to miss a kick and Feely is 4 of 7 on the season? He absolutely blows. Not to mention, he's the single least clutch kicker in NFL history and no kicker in the league is worse at kickoffs. The Jets kickoff coverage has always been the league's best, outside of the two years that moron was blasting line drive kicks down the field (but not far enough for touchbacks) that gave the Jets coverage no time to get down the field and was directly responsible for the Jets home loss against Miami two years back. If you don't like Folk that's one thing, but final four rule or not, there's no reason the Jets should have brought Feely back regardless.

How exactly is Feely ranked higher than Folk this year considering Folk has yet to miss a kick and Feely is 4 of 7 on the season? He absolutely blows. Not to mention, he's the single least clutch kicker in NFL history and no kicker in the league is worse at kickoffs. The Jets kickoff coverage has always been the league's best, outside of the two years that moron was blasting line drive kicks down the field (but not far enough for touchbacks) that gave the Jets coverage no time to get down the field and was directly responsible for the Jets home loss against Miami two years back. If you don't like Folk that's one thing, but final four rule or not, there's no reason the Jets should have brought Feely back regardless.

Ask ESPN why he's ranked higher. As far as Folk, I'm fine with him. This isn't about one kicker or Feely Vs. Folk. Follow the thread. It was a single point of many many points i made last year that was questioned. I had a valid defense for it...even a year later. Then Dominator asked a legit question enquiring as to how Feely was tied to Taylor so I explained and he understood and made a comment on his own about how Westy's personality often plays into his judgement of players and that made good sense because Dom's point is also born out to be true by history and statistics. So thats what that whole thing is about.

Went to the Bengals game today and got to see Mr. Mathis up close and personal. He is a beast buddy, lemme go ahead and tell ya. He's a little smaller when you see him next to the other DE's like Freeney and Brayton but is motor does not stop even when the offense is going no huddle.Don't see him going to the Jets though, these rumors get started so easily via Twitter. Doesn't this team need an offensive-lineman anyway?

Archived