Brandon LLoyd on Block. Do we make an offer?

JetsFanFromQueens

Asking Price is a 3rd-5th round pick.

I say we offer a 4th rounder and move on with one hell of an addition.

He's the type of deep threat that would improve our entire offense. I hate to admit it, but Plaxico isn't cutting it on the outside. Also, playing opposite of Holmes, Lloyd could make a living off of opposing #2 CB's.

Our offense is really struggling, younger guys such as McKnight and Kerley can give us a spark, but a proven WR talent such as Lloyd could help take us over the top as being a true deep threat.

He led the league in receiving yards last year, and I've seen all I needed to see in regards to Brandon Lloyd over the years. I'd love a Holmes and Lloyd tandem on the outside, with Kerley working the slot, and Plaxico getting red-zone chances. Hopefully he'd also help free up Keller down the middle.

Give up a 4th and lets get it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3qf_ndXQy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5S-P1hoSDg

1 year wonder. No thanks.

One year wonders don't lead the league in receiving yards, and one hit wonders don't make the types of amazing catches that Lloyd has made over the years. Case in point, this man's an excellent WR and just put up 8 catches for 136 yards against Charles Woodson of the Packers two weeks ago. As of right now, he's in an ugly QB situation with Denver, but that doesn't change the fact that he'd become an instant upgrade over Plaxico Burress.

If we don't pull the trigger on this deal, we better pray to god that Brady and the Patriots don't end up with Lloyd on the outside.

1 year wonder. No thanks.

This... he was nothing but a career "what if" guy who bounced around from team to team and never lived up to the hype, until putting up

ridiculous numbers last year in a Josh McDaniels passing, passing and more passing offense. At the age of 30, there's not a whole lot of reason to believe he'll ever do it again. Pass.

One year wonders don't lead the league in receiving yards, and one hit wonders don't make the types of amazing catches that Lloyd has made over the years. Case in point, this man's an excellent WR and just put up 8 catches for 136 yards against Charles Woodson of the Packers two weeks ago. As of right now, he's in an ugly QB situation with Denver, but that doesn't change the fact that he'd become an instant upgrade over Plaxico Burress.

If we don't pull the trigger on this deal, we better pray to god that Brady and the Patriots don't end up with Lloyd on the outside.

Well apparently they do as at the age of 30, LLoyd, now being in his 9th year, last season had his #s account for just under 30% of his career catches, over 35% of his career receiving yards, and over 42% of his career TDs. That sure as hell sounds like a one-year wonder to me by any definition.

Well apparently they do as at the age of 30, LLoyd, now being in his 9th year, last season had his #s account for just under 30% of his career catches, over 35% of his career receiving yards, and over 42% of his career TDs. That sure as hell sounds like a one-year wonder to me by any definition.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was in the league before playing good consistent ball. It's a tough league and some people take much longer to get it together and find a good situation.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was in the league before playing good consistent ball. It's a tough league and some people take much longer to get it together and find a good situation.

Would learning curve play into this comparison? A little harder coming from an Ivy League school trying to play NFL ball at the QB position, no?

I like Lloyd. He has the ability to make the circus catch, and while he's basically a one-trick pony (deep threat alone), he's a good one. I'm somewhat surprised Denver is shopping him, even if his abilities are more restricted with Tebow behind center than Orton.

Sadly, he doesn't fit on this team. He just doesn't. Unless you can make 8-yard catches on 3rd & 10 or are willing to catch two or three WR screens for 1-yard losses, we can make no use of you .

I like Lloyd. He has the ability to make the circus catch, and while he's basically a one-trick pony (deep threat alone), he's a good one. I'm somewhat surprised Denver is shopping him, even if his abilities are more restricted with Tebow behind center than Orton.

Sadly, he doesn't fit on this team. He just doesn't. Unless you can make 8-yard catches on 3rd & 10 or are willing to catch two or three WR screens for 1-yard losses, we can make no use of you .

Win

This is true. But under no circumstances is playing for Brian Schottenheimer, with Mark Sanchez throwing the ball, a good situation for Brandon Lloyd. In fact, I can't think of a worse situation.

Devils advocate. I don't wish him finally figuring it out, only to than get sent to wide-receiver siberia, where receiver's dreams go to die and the hint of downfield passing is all but a wistful idea.

Would learning curve play into this comparison? A little harder coming from an Ivy League school trying to play NFL ball at the QB position, no?

Most definitely, plus the quarterback position is much more difficult to grasp and he hasn't exactly been on a team that was willing to give him a real multi year chance to figure it out. My point was that for whatever reason, be it work ethic or situation, it is possible to blossom a little later in one's career. I think Loyd is a very talented receiver and could help us out down the field...but that would of course hinge on us actually throwing down field lol. We are definitely missing that aspect since BE left and I always thought Mark threw a heck of a deep ball. Than again, we could just throw it deep to Holmes, word is he's pretty fast also. Not sure Schotty knows that though.

Most definitely, plus the quarterback position is much more difficult to grasp and he hasn't exactly been on a team that was willing to give him a real multi year chance to figure it out. My point was that for whatever reason, be it work ethic or situation, it is possible to blossom a little later in one's career. I think Loyd is a very talented receiver and could help us out down the field...but that would of course hinge on us actually throwing down field lol. We are definitely missing that aspect since BE left and I always thought Mark threw a heck of a deep ball. Than again, we could just throw it deep to Holmes, word is he's pretty fast also. Not sure Schotty knows that though.

Pretty much. Lloyd's a one-trick pony, but he's been able to carve a career out of it because he's an athletic freak. The problem is that we're at the point in this offense where defenses are basically giving Sanchez that very thing and he's not able to capitalize on it, and it has very little to do with the WR's on the field and everything to do with how bad the Ambiguously Retard Gay Duo is.

In hindsight, it really just would have been the smart move to just pay Nnamdi and say **** it to the offense. I'm a Holmes fan, but the signs were there that we were going to be this bad regardless of whether he was here or not.

davidboston.jpg

David Boston!? Holy hell, I completely forgot about that guy. Was an absolute animal for two years in 'zona, there wasn't a better yac guy.

I still remember all his Barry bonds-esque "I lift apart from the team to get more focused with my trainer and take my 20+ vitamins and shakes dAily.". Dude was the poster boy for roids, but fell of insanely quick.

Archived