Superbowl's arent won or lost in October

Maxman

I agree that superbowls are not won in October but they can most certainly be lost. Every game is so damn important whether it's in september or december. The fact that the jets are 2-3 will make it very difficult to win the division and get the chance to play at home in the playoffs. We've seen the last 2 years how difficult it can be to get to the show when you play all your games on the road. I know Green Bay did it last year but they are the exception. Superbowls can be lost in October and unfortunately the only way the jets are going to get there this year is if they buy their own tickets.

Superbowl’s aren’t won, or lost in October…everyone take a deep breath. There are concerns, but nothing that can’t be corrected. It’s time for this team to find its identity once again. Let’s start Monday night…

http://jetnation.com/podcasts/2011_5.mp3

Max you are 100 % correct superbowls are not won or lost in october but Home field advantage is .

I think it was a pretty good consensus that we needed to get something other than a WC birth to have a chance to take the next step and go to the SB and its not looking good when you have 3 losses in 5 games and to win a division or get homefield your going to need at the very least 11 or 12 wins. That means we better run off about 8 in a row to have a shot at at least one playoff game at home. Just think, the last 2 years we won 2 playoff games on the road if we had not been a WC team that would have been enough to get us to the SB 2 years in a row but winning 3 games (all on the road) and going to the SB as a WC is going to be real tough for this team. Sure the Packers did it last year but they got hot and they are showing us this year it was no fluke and that they are a dominant team and we certainly are not the Packers who at times can play dominant football on both sides of the ball, we cant.

Max you are 100 % correct superbowls are not won or lost in october but Home field advantage is .

I think it was a pretty good consensus that we needed to get something other than a WC birth to have a chance to take the next step and go to the SB and its not looking good when you have 3 losses in 5 games and to win a division or get homefield your going to need at the very least 11 or 12 wins. That means we better run off about 8 in a row to have a shot at at least one playoff game at home. Just think, the last 2 years we won 2 playoff games on the road if we had not been a WC team that would have been enough to get us to the SB 2 years in a row but winning 3 games (all on the road) and going to the SB as a WC is going to be real tough for this team. Sure the Packers did it last year but they got hot and they are showing us this year it was no fluke and that they are a dominant team and we certainly are not the Packers who at times can play dominant football on both sides of the ball, we cant.

Just for the record, all that was from Gregg Hayim. Me? I am mad as hell, lol.

Just for the record, all that was from Gregg Hayim. Me? I am mad as hell, lol.

Max Im Mad as hell too . We should have done a lot more in the offseason to solidify this team and we didnt. Leaving money on the table is inexcusable (if what the rumors say are correct 10 mil ? ) for a SB caliber team that had glaring holes during the preseason. The Ravens sure as hell made some nice additions on the O-Line to protect their QB while ours gets raped each week. Can things get better ? Sure they can, but anyone who thinks this O-Line and running game can stand up to top caliber defenses (like the Ravens) in the playoffs (if we get there LOL) is just dreaming IMO. Right now looking forward Our offense is going to be a disaster and our defense can't stop the run unless we make some very good moves this offseason to correct it. Teflon Shotty is still here and every year it shocks me more then the last now Im just freakin Numb to be honest and I find it very hard to get excited for the games anymore I just sit and watch with no emotion, no excitement, and yep Im mad as hell when I think what might have been.

Max Im Mad as hell too . We should have done a lot more in the offseason to solidify this team and we didnt. Leaving money on the table is inexcusable (if what the rumors say are correct 10 mil ? ) for a SB caliber team that had glaring holes during the preseason. The Ravens sure as hell made some nice additions on the O-Line to protect their QB while ours gets raped each week. Can things get better ? Sure they can, but anyone who thinks this O-Line and running game can stand up to top caliber defenses (like the Ravens) in the playoffs (if we get there LOL) is just dreaming IMO. Right now looking forward Our offense is going to be a disaster and our defense can't stop the run unless we make some very good moves this offseason to correct it. Teflon Shotty is still here and every year it shocks me more then the last now Im just freakin Numb to be honest and I find it very hard to get excited for the games anymore I just sit and watch with no emotion, no excitement, and yep Im mad as hell when I think what might have been.

I think the cap # of 10 million being free was too high. But they definitely could have been more aggressive. What scared me about this team coming in was lack of a backup QB but that has been a non-issue so far. The QB play has been so bad, really couldn't get much worse there.

The Oline is surprising. But they will get better with Mangold back and Moore hopefully being 100% recovered from his offseason surgery soon.

Archived