Enough with the stupid pink already

Barcs

We are well aware of breast cancer, thanks. We don't need professional MALE athletes running around dressed like pink pansies. This just shows that Goodell is a complete tool and willing to do anything to get more female viewers. It's obvious this has been his goal since he took over. He's softened the game and made the defense less relevant. Football is a MANLY sport. Mostly men watch it, although there are plenty of female fans, but promoting breast cancer awareness in football is just as stupid as promoting testicular cancer or prostate cancer in the WNBA or on a baking show. Lets be realistic here. Wasting money making athletes wear pink doesn't stop breast cancer. Try promoting it on a venue that actually makes sense, where women can learn about it, like the Oprah Winfrey show. Get rid of the pink. It's ugly and hideous and changes absolutely nothing. Like how many people that watch football have never heard of breast cancer?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that I agree. I think it is a nice gesture for one week, but a complete month? It just seems odd. I don't think there is anything wrong with it and I would support any player that wanted to do this on their own, but it's a bit much in a league where they mandate the amount of sock you have showing and if you wear a shaded face shield. Where is the prostate cancer awareness? The NFL making a legit effort to encourage testing would probably save more lives than this extended publicity stunt

I can see where some might think it's overkill, but as someone who has a family member currently battling this deadly disease, I have no problem with the NFL, and if it helps raise more money or bring more attention to finding a cure, then to me it's a no brainer to do it.

After all, what's the downside? Someone doesn't like to see a football player wearing a pink wristband?

I hope none of you assholes have to deal with cancer. Does the color bother you that much, just ignore the sh*t instead of bitching and moaning about the NFL raising awareness for something that is turning into an epidemic. Oh and its not just a women's disease. I swear your dumb a$$ internet tough guys think you're immune to sh*t.

Cant stand the pink socks/gloves/towels, but the cause is worthy and the awareness it raises could mean more women (moms, daughters, girlfriends and sisters) get their mammograms and catch this disease before it becomes fatal. For that reason, I tolerate it and I think most folks do as well. As an added bonus, it could lead to more breasts. And more breasts are a good thing.

I can see where some might think it's overkill, but as someone who has a family member currently battling this deadly disease, I have no problem with the NFL, and if it helps raise more money or bring more attention to finding a cure, then to me it's a no brainer to do it.

After all, what's the downside? Someone doesn't like to see a football player wearing a pink wristband?

Stupid threads on the internet?

Considering my mother is a breat cancer survivor and my father is prostate cancer survivor. I'll kindly say, GFY!!!

I like it and it makes me appreciate the cause the more I see it.

My mother had thought it was a bit over the top, nothing to get crazy about, but we don't need pink everything. Or at least rotate the causes.

My mother had thought it was a bit over the top, nothing to get crazy about, but we don't need pink everything. Or at least rotate the causes.

We need all the awareness we can get. The players seem to like it and take it seriously. I dont see how a month of wearing pink bothers anyone. I find this all very strange.

I have to say that I agree. I think it is a nice gesture for one week, but a complete month? It just seems odd. I don't think there is anything wrong with it and I would support any player that wanted to do this on their own, but it's a bit much in a league where they mandate the amount of sock you have showing and if you wear a shaded face shield. Where is the prostate cancer awareness? The NFL making a legit effort to encourage testing would probably save more lives than this extended publicity stunt

Good post and good points. Still, it may actually save a life or a boob here and there. So its tolerable. Now the better point is Prostate cancer awareness. Whjy is there no special color or symbol or catch phrase for prostate cancer? Maybe a frowny face with a smiley doctor face behind it pulling on a glove? Seriously though, prostate and testicular cancer are often deadly and debilitating. Where's the marketing department for these ailments?

We need all the awareness we can get. The players seem to like it and take it seriously. I dont see how a month of wearing pink bothers anyone. I find this all very strange.

It's bizarre. The sh*t's auctioned off after games. They promote screenings and take donations at games. I think Madden's even putting out a pink version also. But hey, it's for women, and **** them.

Good post and good points. Still, it may actually save a life or a boob here and there. So its tolerable. Now the better point is Prostate cancer awareness. Whjy is there no special color or symbol or catch phrase for prostate cancer? Maybe a frowny face with a smiley doctor face behind it pulling on a glove? Seriously though, prostate and testicular cancer are often deadly and debilitating. Where's the marketing department for these ailments?

I thought nowadays Pink represented awareness for both forms of cancer? Could have sworn I heard that some where.

It's bizarre. The sh*t's auctioned off after games. They promote screenings and take donations at games. I think Madden's even putting out a pink version also. But hey, it's for women, and **** them.

Yeah, because that's exactly what everyone's getting at. Jesus christ shut the **** up for once.

Yeah, because that's exactly what everyone's getting at. Jesus christ shut the **** up for once.

We don't need professional MALE athletes running around dressed like pink pansies.

Football is a MANLY sport. Mostly men watch it, although there are plenty of female fans, but promoting breast cancer awareness in football is just as stupid as promoting testicular cancer or prostate cancer in the WNBA or on a baking show.

Try promoting it on a venue that actually makes sense, where women can learn about it, like the Oprah Winfrey show.

Lol, really only a matter of time before Archie chimed in with this.

Again, shut the **** up.

Archie Bunker ruh ruh...

Read the second post of the thread jackass and at least try and have a rational conversation instead of being your jerkoff self.

The professional student/dead poet society posters are really bringing it these days. Love it.

It's for a good cause. Cancer is a terrible disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone. don't have anyone in my family that suffers from breast cancer but I've had a few family members die from different forms of the disease. Its terrible to watch some one deteriorate before your eyes. Get some perceptive guys.

Again, shut the **** up.

Archie Bunker ruh ruh...

Read the second post of the thread jackass and at least try and have a rational conversation instead of being your jerkoff self.

The professional student/dead poet society posters are really bringing it these days. Love it.

Mmmmm, personal attacks galore mixed in with underhanded defenses of blatantly bigoted/sexist sh*t, aaaas usual. Stay classy Matt39.

thumbs_up.jpg

Again, shut the **** up.

Archie Bunker ruh ruh...

abef0641-61cb-4d66-9267-5f0ba610df37.jpg

Mmmmm, personal attacks galore mixed in with underhanded defenses of blatantly bigoted/sexist sh*t, aaaas usual. Stay classy Matt39.

thumbs_up.jpg

Was this you again?

Facebook and Twitter have been flooded with sentiments for a guy whose claim to fame was being covered in poo and shoving things up his a$$. And we wonder why people wanna blow us the **** up.

oh, right.

lol, sexist...this dude....

Archived