Enough with the stupid pink already

Barcs

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was this you again?

oh, right.

lol, sexist...this dude....

Ah yes, nothing like breaking out the camel's nose by selectively editing and then quoting an ambiguous use of a Chris Rock quote in an effort to prove a point that neither makes any sense nor people care about. Well done. By all means though, keep going.

Ah yes, nothing like breaking out the camel's nose by quoting an ambiguous use of a Chris Rock quote in an effort to prove a point that neither makes any sense nor people care about. Well done. By all means though, keep going.

lol, this dude man.... go cry to Max again

This is a POS and horrible thread.

My grandmother may not have died from breast cancer, but she died from cancer. My sister just passed away 2 years ago because of breast cancer. She was only 28 with two kids, who are both without a mother (thank god my mom, their grandmother is an amazing woman).

What a piece of sh*t thread. Players holding out for more money is ok, but players supporting a cause, to increase the awareness level cancer is something that "annoys" and "bothers" you? Football and the Jets are nothing more than a game, team and sport. Cancer is real life.

To the person who crated this thread, "Enough with the STUPID pink already", it's more than obvious you've never lost a loved one to breast cancer. Have mercy on your soul. This thread just goes to show, what type of heart you really have.

Football is a mans game. But, lets not act like the men watching these games don't have mothers, sisters, daughters, cousins and nieces.

My mother had thought it was a bit over the top, nothing to get crazy about, but we don't need pink everything. Or at least rotate the causes.

This is kind of where I fall. I don't have a problem with promoting any causes, but let's be honest, this has sadly become the "trendy" disease for everyone to get on board with and it be cool to support, which is a tad frustrating. Breast cancer isn't the most common nor fatal form of cancer, but it's the one that just about all forms of media have hitched their wagon to, so it's what gets all of the attention. I have unfortunately known far more people than I would like who have died from or are currently dealing with all different types of cancers, and I certainly don't mean to diminish the issues with breast cancer at all, but there are plenty of others that don't get quite the attention and support, even if they may be more common or deadly. When you consider what a large percentage of the NFL fan base is male, it also certainly supports the idea that the NFL is just sticking with this one cause as it is the one that will garner them the most publicity.

This is kind of where I fall. I don't have a problem with promoting any causes, but let's be honest, this has sadly become the "trendy" disease for everyone to get on board with and it be cool to support, which is a tad frustrating. Breast cancer isn't the most common nor fatal form of cancer, but it's the one that just about all forms of media have hitched their wagon to, so it's what gets all of the attention. I have unfortunately known far more people than I would like who have died from or are currently dealing with all different types of cancers, and I certainly don't mean to diminish the issues with breast cancer at all, but there are plenty of others that don't get quite the attention and support, even if they may be more common or deadly. When you consider what a large percentage of the NFL fan base is male, it also certainly supports the idea that the NFL is just sticking with this one cause as it is the one that will garner them the most publicity.

Bigot.

The NFL could give a sh*t about breast cancer. This is little more than a marketing ploy to draw in the extremely lucrative (and growing) female sports fan demographic. Duh.

Everyone in this thread is filling their respected roles so well. It's almost something to be proud of.

(Looks into crystal ball)

Including you RutgersJetFan, you come off like a dick and you need to shut the **** up and stop being so sensitive and you're not smart or funny or handsome and your mother hates you.

WOW! I'm not quite sure how the op can adjust his lips to say such sh*t. I could only hope that someday down the line nobody in his family needs any treatment that was developed by the research that was paid for by peoples awareness being hightened by the gay a$$ pink sh*t these grown a$$ men are wearing. Get a life

Yeah, hadn't seen what this thread had deteroriated to before posting this, so I probably should've refrained from getting into this. Just to be clear, my only point being that I really don't have any issues with it and am always in favor of any and all support for diseases as much as possible, and see no reason they should stop anything, but it just unfortunately seems lately that even things with the best intentions sometimes take some wrong turns. The NFL certainly has the exposure and money to do a lot of good for a ton of different causes and while there are other things they certainly do beyond just breast cancer, there's no question the one they put the most time, money and effort into marketing is the one which just so happens to have the greatest media exposure, which comes across as just a tad disingenuous.

Yeah, hadn't seen what this thread had deteroriated to before posting this, so I probably should've refrained from getting into this. Just to be clear, my only point being that I really don't have any issues with it and am always in favor of any and all support for diseases as much as possible, and see no reason they should stop anything, but it just unfortunately seems lately that even things with the best intentions sometimes take some wrong turns. The NFL certainly has the exposure and money to do a lot of good for a ton of different causes and while there are other things they certainly do beyond just breast cancer, there's no question the one they put the most time, money and effort into marketing is the one which just so happens to have the greatest media exposure, which comes across as just a tad disingenuous.

Thank you for having a rational discussion regarding the matter. I agree 100%.

Aten, Sun God, your leader. Didnt work apparently. Just call me a bigot and keep it moving I guess.

At least I know you get my Season 2-7 Simpsons references.

Ah. Don't know how I missed that one. I figured it was something about us ivory-tower eggheads being amoral pagans or something. Anyway:

robot_haters.gif

I hope none of you assholes have to deal with cancer. Does the color bother you that much, just ignore the sh*t instead of bitching and moaning about the NFL raising awareness for something that is turning into an epidemic. Oh and its not just a women's disease. I swear your dumb a$$ internet tough guys think you're immune to sh*t.

agreed

Just call me a bigot and keep it moving I guess.

I know right? The fact that you can't admit there's some blatantly sexist crap in the OP's post and the original post of:

Jesus christ shut the **** up for once.

I mean yeah, it really is flummoxing as to why I wouldn't engage in a rational discussion with such acumen.

I know right? The fact that you can't admit there's some blatantly sexist crap in the OP's post and the original post of:

I mean yeah, it really is flummoxing as to why I wouldn't engage in a rational discussion with such acumen.

This conversation was over 20 minutes ago bud. It is quite flummoxing though.

We need all the awareness we can get. The players seem to like it and take it seriously. I dont see how a month of wearing pink bothers anyone. I find this all very strange.

ANd the fact that you're likely wearing pink panties as you type this doesn't taint your view?

That beign said, Cancer is teh suck and anything anyone does to combat it works for me, who cares if we have to watch nfl players dressed up like jiffy for a month

This conversation was over 20 minutes ago bud. It is quite flummoxing though.

Awww, so sad. Until next time then. :hugs:

:cheers:

This is a POS and horrible thread.

My grandmother may not have died from breast cancer, but she died from cancer. My sister just passed away 2 years ago because of breast cancer. She was only 28 with two kids, who are both without a mother (thank god my mom, their grandmother is an amazing woman).

What a piece of sh*t thread. Players holding out for more money is ok, but players supporting a cause, to increase the awareness level cancer is something that "annoys" and "bothers" you? Football and the Jets are nothing more than a game, team and sport. Cancer is real life.

To the person who crated this thread, "Enough with the STUPID pink already", it's more than obvious you've never lost a loved one to breast cancer. Have mercy on your soul. This thread just goes to show, what type of heart you really have.

Football is a mans game. But, lets not act like the men watching these games don't have mothers, sisters, daughters, cousins and nieces.

And suddenly we should all be brought back to reality. Football is just diversionary nonsense whe compared to the real issues that people and families have to deal with. I don't care if the players wear stuffed bras to heighten awareness. So long as more women get mammograms more often. To whine about an "unmanly" color is pathetic. My condolences to to you, JFFQ, on the loss of your sister. Seems everyone is so busy flicking boogers at each other, they never stopped to give your post the attention it deserved.

My mother: lung/stomach cancer

My father: lung cancer

My aunt: breast cancer

My cousin: prostate cancer

All dead. None of which validates my opinion. The pink is fine. Let me know when the NFL starts wearing red for AIDS research. The LGBT demo is also lucrative, if not as appealing to sponsors.

My mother: lung/stomach cancer

My father: lung cancer

My aunt: breast cancer

My cousin: prostate cancer

All dead. None of which validates my opinion. The pink is fine. Let me know when the NFL starts wearing red for AIDS research. The LGBT demo is also lucrative, if not as appealing to sponsors.

And just think of the uniform alterations for LGBT awareness month. Is there a fabric tighter than spandex?

Archived