I starting to sense a mutiny

Ranger

http://www.nj.com/je...alls_santo.html

Jets' Brandon Moore calls Santonio Holmes' comments disappointing, fragmenting

Receiver Santonio Holmes has made critical comments of the Jets' offensive line twice now, after the loss in Baltimore and again yesterday. Right guard Brandon Moore, the longest-tenured member of the Jets' line, has been bothered by his teammate's words.

"I'm disappointed," Moore said after practice today. "I've never had a teammate do that that I can recall. It's not really being a captain, a leader. It fragments. It’s not productive."

Holmes has called out the line's ability to protect quarterback Mark Sanchez this season and yesterday said the Jets can't throw the deep ball because of protection issues.

After the Baltimore game, Sanchez said the locker room was reminded to keep such criticisms "in house."

"Obviously, he’s got the green light to do that from somebody up top, the people that run the team or whatever," said Moore, a 9-year veteran. "He’s got the 'C' on his chest, and he can do that."

Holmes was selected by coach Rex Ryan as one of the team's five captains this season. Asked who might have given Holmes the green light, Moore said, "I don’t know. It keeps happening, so obviously it is OK."

Holmes said yesterday he was trying to avoid saying what he really felt, and he also did seem to acknowledge how difficult of a job the linemen have. But before the end of the interview, he said: "I think it starts up front, and the big guys know it. If they give Mark enough time to sit in the pocket and complete passes, I think everything changes."

Moore said he has not spoken directly to Holmes about his comments.

"We don't have any contact," he said.

Asked if the other linemen felt similarly disrespected, he said he thought so.

"I think it’s just upsetting and disappointing," Moore said. "A guy you play for every Sunday -- you know, you play for each guy on the team, he’s one of those guys you play for -- for him to do that is disappointing."

How fracturing can it be in a locker room? Moore didn't have any specific evidence but he knows there can be an effect.

"I think it can be," Moore said. "Whenever you’ve got a person on your unit that is publicly diminishing the job and work you put in, I guess it can have an effect."

Just realized I "AM" missing that in the title. A win will erase all of this bickering.

Moore is correct. He has every right to be upset with Holmes the media darling. Holmes needs to lead by example off the field, and that starts by ignoring the media in regards to team concerns, while keeping them in house, inside the locker room at the same time.

Santonio Holmes doesn't deserve the role of team captain; he's never been a Jet leader. Players such as Mangold and Ferguson deserve the "C" on their chest, not Holmes.

Don't be silly, you were wrong and Moore was right... now that we've cleared that up, let's just move on.

Haha... yeah. Moore says it, and everyone is all rah-rah EFF UUUU Santonio!!! Ape says it, and everyone is all like Santonio is duh capden he is de bes, can sai wuteva he want!!!

Also, I got crucified for saying Santonio was in the WRONG the first time that idiot threw his teammates under the bus... maybe now some of you see what I meant? Maybe?

I was one of the posters who took your side (and the teams side). Holmes has not acted like a team captain, and I still feel both Mangold or Ferguson should have been obvious choices over Holmes. Keep this stuff in the locker room, in house. True team leaders don't throw the team/players under the bus to the media, of all people.

Moore is WRONG! sometimes being a leader means speaking the truth, regardless if its popular or not. He is showing leadership by opening his mouth and speaking out.

Agreed. If Moore and the Oline were doing there job this wouldn't be an issue.

The Oline is the biggest reason for the struggles. Hands down.

Moore is WRONG! sometimes being a leader means speaking the truth, regardless if its popular or not. He is showing leadership by opening his mouth and speaking out.

Leadership would of been standing in front of the team and saying it.

Moore is correct. He has every right to be upset with Holmes the media darling. Holmes needs to lead by example off the field, and that starts by ignoring the media in regards to team concerns, while keeping them in house, inside the locker room at the same time.

Santonio Holmes doesn't deserve the role of team captain; he's never been a Jet leader. Players such as Mangold and Ferguson deserve the "C" on their chest, not Holmes.

Agree. Moore deserves the C more than Holmes. Our real captains are Revis, Mangold, Dbrick, Harris and maybe Sanchez if he'd ever try to lead when we're struggling.

Although Holmes had a point with what he said, a true leader is concerned with his own performance first. A true leader focuses on what HE can do better to help the team. A true leader doesn't play the blame game, but puts the pressure on himself to carry the team. Holmes isn't a leader, and never should have been made captain.

Example: you don't hear Revis whining about how the front 7 can't shut down the run. No, he just goes about his business shutting down every receiver he faces. He challenges himself to improve his own game. That's all you can do, you can't control what others do.

Why? Joe Namath does. Rex Ryan does. Whats the difference?

Joe is not on the team, let alone a Captain, Rex does not throw his players under the bus to the media.

If you honestly do not see the difference or what is wrong with this, then you are way beyond my help, and will always be gay.

Sorry.

Joe is not on the team, let alone a Captain, Rex does not throw his players under the bus to the media.

If you honestly do not see the difference or what is wrong with this, then you are way beyond my help, and will always be gay.

Sorry.

Rex has absolutely said the OL needs to improve. He used missing Mangold as the excuse.

No, I dont see the difference.

The Brod Captaincy>>>>>The Holmes Captaincy

NO WAY!!!

More football. Less talk.

I'm losing my patience with this collection of dingle-berries.

It was Football talk.

Also, I got crucified for saying Santonio was in the WRONG the first time that idiot threw his teammates under the bus... maybe now some of you see what I meant? Maybe?

No.

Archived