The Official "Fire Tanny" Thread

lancemehl

??? WTF is your problem, bro? Ratliff? My stupid posts? Come on, you do know how silly it is to reply to my thread to tell me "no one reads your crap." lol 61 replies says differently..for or against or just to say 'I am really not reading this' ---- I still bring in the numbers that's why I'm around. Unlike some guys who are just reactionary flame-throwers. Let's all just play our role and relax. lmao

The point, as you blatantly missed, is that most of the board tl;dr's your posts, and you just came back and said you tl;dr's everyone's responses (most of which were to each other, and not you), so it's a nice harmonious situation. I like it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's just a shame the Jets have never used a late round guy pick to get a guy like that or say oh, I don't know, Joel Dreessen out in Houston. Imagine what the great Brian Schottenheimer would do with a guy like that on the team.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Watching Joel Dreesen makes me sad.

Honestly, though, because I can't seem to snif out anything resembling and answer to the OP, but forgetting the nonsense and talking straight football here: Can someone please explain the logic behind giving Brad Smith away to our division rival? We might as well have given them the chapter from our playbook with him. How did that benefit the team this year?

And then explain the Mason=Cothchery move and since we are crediting him with draft picks, where are our new pass rushing lineman? Ellis can't make the team?

Again, just for the people interested in discussing this:

!. Do you disagree that we had a terrible offseason? Can it be explained? Is it a four-year plan?

2. Why does he get a free year? If Schotty's offense is worse, he's on the hot seat, same with Rex, same with the punter......why not this dude? He laid an egg this year. Period.

Yeah, it's just a shame the Jets have never used a late round guy pick to get a guy like that or say oh, I don't know, Joel Dreessen out in Houston. Imagine what the great Brian Schottenheimer would do with a guy like that on the team.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Schotty sucks, so I agree.

That being said, what would the Raiders give up for Sanchez?

Oh no Max, not at all an attempt at satire. Why would you lock it? True "fire" may be harsh, but "fire" is our way of saying...it's his fault, and that's exactly what I'm saying. Max, I don't get why my handle carries this negative stigma. I guess it goes back to Ratliff lol IDK , Max I just call it like I see it. I'm sincere. I'm no troll, so if you think Tanny did NOT **** up this offseason by mutilating our offense and ignoring the pass rush then tell me why, right? Sounds like a healthy discussion. I fired my shots already, and this whole thing about was watching Brad Smith rip off 18 yards, using OUR PLAY--that I'm sure we'll see! WTF was the rationale behind giving a whole dimension of our offense to Buffalo----when it isn't financial. What are playing Monopoly? No satire here. Just football analysis, man. Tell me that is not legimitate. Why do that? lol

haha Seriously, sine last year, I stuck up for Revis, Schotty, and Sanchez, not popular at all...but wow Tanny is a made guy, I guess?

Just curious, since you keep mentioning pass rush over and over, have you happened to notice at all the Jets have actually done a decent job with that this season outside of the Raiders game (13 sacks in 5 games), while the defense's biggest problem by far this season has been the run defense (well, that and Cromartie's endless penalties)?

Honestly, though, because I can't seem to snif out anything resembling and answer to the OP, but forgetting the nonsense and talking straight football here: Can someone please explain the logic behind giving Brad Smith away to our division rival? We might as well have given them the chapter from our playbook with him. How did that benefit the team this year?

And then explain the Mason=Cothchery move and since we are crediting him with draft picks, where are our new pass rushing lineman? Ellis can't make the team?

Again, just for the people interested in discussing this:

!. Do you disagree that we had a terrible offseason? Can it be explained? Is it a four-year plan?

2. Why does he get a free year? If Schotty's offense is worse, he's on the hot seat, same with Rex, same with the punter......why not this dude? He laid an egg this year. Period.

Tanny is untouchable. No amount of Vernon gholstons, Vlad Ducasses or Derrick Masons will ever injure his popularity. Because he drafted 3 or 4 players well under Mangini.

The point, as you blatantly missed, is that most of the board tl;dr's your posts, and you just came back and said you tl;dr's everyone's responses (most of which were to each other, and not you), so it's a nice harmonious situation. I like it.

Good. Learn to love it.

Just curious, since you keep mentioning pass rush over and over, have you happened to notice at all the Jets have actually done a decent job with that this season outside of the Raiders game (13 sacks in 5 games), while the defense's biggest problem by far this season has been the run defense (well, that and Cromartie's endless penalties)?

Hey BG,

good question. But I see us getting sacks the exact same way, by blitzing. Bart Scott, Westerman, Pace (who has had a great year) have gottten in, but we have only two sacks by Dlineman---one Wilkerson, one Devito.

Yes, Rex says the same thing. He points to the sacks and says we rush the passer. Our line gets absolutely NO push into the pocket. We always have to bring the house---which Rex does masterfully---but could you imagine if we DID have ONE pass rushing Lineman. I guess Wilkerson is not exactly Jevon Kearse and didn't we draft another guy? lol

Thanks for the discussion BG

He lost me after reading that, Ellis and Jason Taylor, were our "best Lineman".

lol No, I said Ellis is our best lineman. I think we would all have agreed with that last year, no? Who was a better Defensive lineman than Ellis? JT, I said, was the only guy who could get at the QB..

good start though. You are reading it. Thx

Hey BG,

good question. But I see us getting sacks the exact same way, by blitzing. Bart Scott, Westerman, Pace (who has had a great year) have gottten in, but we have only two sacks by Dlineman---one Wilkerson, one Devito.

Yes, Rex says the same thing. He points to the sacks and says we rush the passer. Our line gets absolutely NO push into the pocket. We always have to bring the house---which Rex does masterfully---but could you imagine if we DID have ONE pass rushing Lineman. I guess Wilkerson is not exactly Jevon Kearse and didn't we draft another guy? lol

Thanks for the discussion BG

Sending LBs is what you do when you run a base 3-4. The whole purpose is the offense does not know which LB will come so they are more likely to come free. It's ridiculous to complain about Pace, Westerman and Scott getting sacks when this defense is specifically designed for them to be the guys getting the sacks.

lol No, I said Ellis is our best lineman. I think we would all have agreed with that last year, no? Who was a better Defensive lineman than Ellis? JT, I said, was the only guy who could get at the QB..

good start though. You are reading it. Thx

Ellis was our best lineman for a handful of games, most importantly the patriots game. If anyone graded out as our best lineman it was probably devito as I'm pretty sure he graded out as one of the best lineman in the entire NFL against the run.

Sending LBs is what you do when you run a base 3-4. The whole purpose is the offense does not know which LB will come so they are more likely to come free. It's ridiculous to complain about Pace, Westerman and Scott getting sacks when this defense is specifically designed for them to be the guys getting the sacks.

How many sacks did Kris Jenkins have?!?!? DAMMIT.

Sadly, yes. I wish that would change. Lets try being optimistic. I know historically its been a tad tough but I would love to see a more loyal upbeat fan base.

I get tired of people saying be optimistic when there's nothing to be optimistic about. Its not like us fans are being extra hard on a team that ultimately wins football games. Its not like the "S.O.J." phrase hasnt been justified. The Jets are back tracking and I get tired of seeing this happen to this football team. I get tired of fans knowing years ahead of time that we need a coaching change (Hackett, Edwards, Schotty etc). I dont want to be hard on the team Pointman, but 15 years of this defending a team that simply isnt SB quality is tiring. The Jets suck right now even with their win against the winless Dolphins.

I dont wanna be optimistic. What I do want is Schotty fired. That will point me in the direction of being "optimistic" of our new O.C.

I get tired of people saying be optimistic when there's nothing to be optimistic about. Its not like us fans are being extra hard on a team that ultimately wins football games. Its not like the "S.O.J." phrase hasnt been justified. The Jets are back tracking and I get tired of seeing this happen to this football team. I get tired of fans knowing years ahead of time that we need a coaching change before the front office (Hackett, Edwards, Schotty etc). I dont want to be hard on the team Pointman, but 15 years of this defending a team that simply isnt SB quality is tiring. The Jets suck right now even with their win against the winless Dolphins.

I dont wanna be optimistic. What I do want is Schotty fired. That will point me in the direction of being "optimistic" of our new O.C.

I get tired of people saying be optimistic when there's nothing to be optimistic about. Its not like us fans are being extra hard on a team that ultimately wins football games. Its not like the "S.O.J." phrase hasnt been justified. The Jets are back tracking and I get tired of seeing this happen to this football team. I get tired of fans knowing years ahead of time that we need a coaching change (Hackett, Edwards, Schotty etc). I dont want to be hard on the team Pointman, but 15 years of this defending a team that simply isnt SB quality is tiring. The Jets suck right now even with their win against the winless Dolphins.

We have one of those fan bases where a loss equals the end of the season. Sure other franchises have that too.. but many also have the other end of the spectrum where a few losses are expected and everyone doesn't hammer the entire team as being garbage. I'm not saying be a smiling moron, I am saying how about giving some leeway.

We have one of those fan bases where a loss equals the end of the season. Sure other franchises have that too.. but many also have the other end of the spectrum where a few losses are expected and everyone doesn't hammer the entire team as being garbage. I'm not saying be a smiling moron, I am saying how about giving some leeway.

Yeah, right. You figure with back to back championship game appearances, you could get the benefit of the doubt. I really don't understand this mentality.

I bet you if we don't make the playoffs this year, people will be calling for Rex's head. So overdramatic.

Oh no Max, not at all an attempt at satire. Why would you lock it? True "fire" may be harsh, but "fire" is our way of saying...it's his fault, and that's exactly what I'm saying. Max, I don't get why my handle carries this negative stigma. I guess it goes back to Ratliff lol IDK , Max I just call it like I see it. I'm sincere. I'm no troll, so if you think Tanny did NOT **** up this offseason by mutilating our offense and ignoring the pass rush then tell me why, right? Sounds like a healthy discussion. I fired my shots already, and this whole thing about was watching Brad Smith rip off 18 yards, using OUR PLAY--that I'm sure we'll see! WTF was the rationale behind giving a whole dimension of our offense to Buffalo----when it isn't financial. What are playing Monopoly? No satire here. Just football analysis, man. Tell me that is not legimitate. Why do that? lol

haha Seriously, sine last year, I stuck up for Revis, Schotty, and Sanchez, not popular at all...but wow Tanny is a made guy, I guess?

When his most recent record is 2 playoff wins per year for 2 years... yeah, kinda.

Yeah, right. You figure with back to back championship game appearances, you could get the benefit of the doubt. I really don't understand this mentality.

I bet you if we don't make the playoffs this year, people will be calling for Rex's head. So overdramatic.

Its either put up or shut up. I dont care what happened last season or the season before it. We're looking for a championship, not to dwell in the past. Its not overdramatic not being excited about an offense who can run for 1 1/2 yards and can throw slants until we have our 11th "3 and out".

Calling this team anymore than suspect is overdramatic. Calling for Rex's head isnt overdramatic if he cant realize that we need an offensive coordinator.

Jet fans have waited long enough. Before we could say that we didnt have the talent. We have the talent now, now the coaches and the front office needs to put up or shut up. either that or start switching O.C.'s which is the best bet in my opinion.

Its either put up or shut up. I dont care what happened last season or the season before it. We're looking for a championship, not to dwell in the past. Its not overdramatic not being excited about an offense who can run for 1 1/2 yards and can throw slants until we have our 11th "3 and out".

Calling this team anymore than suspect is overdramatic. Calling for Rex's head isnt overdramatic if he cant realize that we need an offensive coordinator.

Jet fans have waited long enough. Before we could say that we didnt have the talent. We have the talent now, now the coaches and the front office needs to put up or shut up. either that or start switching O.C.'s which is the best bet in my opinion.

I would like to be a millionaire by the time I'm 50, that doesn't mean I quit my 50,000 job because it's "not enough."

I would like to win the Superbowl this year, that doesn't mean we fire our coach because he doesn't get it done this year. (The season isn't even over, which makes this all the more preposterous to speculate about.)

You don't fire your coach because he has 1 off-year, you fire him because you think someone else gives you a better shot. Right now what we have to go on is 2 back to back AFC championship appearances + 3/3 thusfar this season, can you name a single coach available that would give you a better chance next year? Especially considering he would have to implement a brand new system?

What we do know is that Rex is a top 5 coach in this league, no doubt about it. Only 2 coaches have done a better job the past 2 years, the 2 that won the Superbowl. That's based on FACT and RESULTS not feeling and speculation. Why would you want to go away from that? Absurd.

I would like to be a millionaire by the time I'm 50, that doesn't mean I quit my 50,000 job because it's "not enough."

I would like to win the Superbowl this year, that doesn't mean we fire our coach because he doesn't get it done this year. (The season isn't even over, which makes this all the more preposterous to speculate about.)

You don't fire your coach because he has 1 off-year, you fire him because you think someone else gives you a better shot. Right now what we have to go on is 2 back to back AFC championship appearances + 3/3 thusfar this season, can you name a single coach available that would give you a better chance next year? Especially considering he would have to implement a brand new system?

What we do know is that Rex is a top 5 coach in this league, no doubt about it. Only 2 coaches have done a better job the past 2 years, the 2 that won the Superbowl. That's based on FACT and RESULTS not feeling and speculation. Why would you want to go away from that? Absurd.

Thats the problem right there. Scared to take risk. And I didnt say to fire our coach, I said that if the coach isnt competent to fire him (like Schotty).

I am frustrated with the poor play calling and five yard slants. Frustration and outright being a pessimist are two different things.

I am frustrated with the poor play calling and five yard slants. Frustration and outright being a pessimist are two different things.

being frustrated and seeing no change will cause you to be a pessimist.

You defining my attitude doesnt change the fact that the Jets need to get their act together. And until we start utilizing the talent im going to be whatever you want to call my attitude. im cool with that.

being frustrated and seeing no change will cause you to be a pessimist.

You defining my attitude doesnt change the fact that the Jets need to get their act together. And until we start utilizing the talent im going to be whatever you want to call my attitude. im cool with that.

Never said you. I was talking in general. Its all over this forum, the radio, etc. I totally agree that we should utilize the talent and that the team needs to get its act together.

Never said you. I was talking in general. Its all over this forum, the radio, etc. I totally agree that we should utilize the talent and that the team needs to get its act together.

You were being general and generally putting me into that category. You have a right to...its true! Im a bit upset and pessimistic on this team right now. I've never seen so much talent on a team go to waste because we cant make coaching/front office decisions. I've never seen such pompousness from a front office that thinks that they can just interchange players like nuts and bolts. I dont care what anyone says. Not resigning Braylon is like pretending that they didnt know everything that came with that talent. They knew that braylon came with off the field issues.

Granted, I did accept the Plax signing ONLY because I seen that they werent making an effort to resign a WR who obviously developed chemistry with a QB that needs EVERYTHING that he can get to succeed.

Im upset with my football team pointman. My apologies for being like the general fan, but you know what? Im not like the fans who can easily forget the mistakes that this team made during the offseason that I knew would come back to bite us. This is bigger than a 3-3 record, this is about shooting yourself in the foot and then pretending that we can just turn it around though we're bleeding out and the coaches verbal antics cant cover it like it did in 09.

This. What Villain is saying is what any Jets fan with 20+ years of heartbreaking memories already knows, and what the young and hopeful will unfortunately learn. This team will never know longterm success. we have to hope for a perfect storm to win the big one. We had that storm, but it's blown over. And now here we are again. Because we buy, we do not build. Welcome to the bright lights and the big city. Results now = fire the coach time and again. No continuity, no team identity, no long-term talent. Just rentals and castoffs and Tanny with his fancy contracts and quill pen. These are the Jets. Welcome to being a fan.

This. What Villain is saying is what any Jets fan with 20+ years of heartbreaking memories already knows, and what the young and hopeful will unfortunately learn. This team will never know longterm success. we have to hope for a perfect storm to win the big one. We had that storm, but it's blown over. And now here we are again. Because we buy, we do not build. Welcome to the bright lights and the big city. Results now = fire the coach time and again. No continuity, no team identity, no long-term talent. Just rentals and castoffs and Tanny with his fancy contracts and quill pen. These are the Jets. Welcome to being a fan.

Thanks for understanding where im coming from.

I dont want to be that dude thats down and out on his team....but im not going to sit here and act like 3 and outs for the for the 1st half of every got-damn game is f'ing cool.

People have complained about our defense, Cromartie specifically. Let me ask you this, when is our defense ever off the field? I really love Rex as a coach as well as Tanny making things happen. I dont want anyone to get that misconstrued, all im saying is that Schotty is a problem and I personally cant blame Sanchez until we can atleast get him an NFL level offensive scheme that can present openings for WR's and the running game.

For example: The majority of Wes Welkers completions are created from other WR routes moving the defense to get Welker open, all he has to do is beat his man which through excellent route running he does. Wes Welker is a HOF WR because he just so happened to go to the Pats where they create excellent offensive plays for the talent they have.

There's not a jet fan alive that can say Brian Schottenheimer creates excellent offensive plays for the talent he has. And thats a damn shame given the talent he actually has. Thats a discredit to this football team and its showing every time the offense takes the field just to sit back down in 3 damn "slant" plays.

This is the first time since 99 we can say we have the talent. and IMO this team isnt as talented as last year's team, but its still better than the 99 team. I dont want anymore AFC championship "appearances". People start getting content with that (we made it to the afc championship game twice). What I remember is that we LOST TWICE. Its time to get it done. Rex said we were going to see the president......we need to win a SB to do that.

Im not cutting this team any slack. Get the f'ing job done. If the F.O. can just drop talent the way they have then WTF is so hard about firing an O.C. that has been TERRIBLE? I want Schotty gone.

I'll stop typing now.

This. What Villain is saying is what any Jets fan with 20+ years of heartbreaking memories already knows, and what the young and hopeful will unfortunately learn. This team will never know longterm success.

It's already beginning to do just that. Hop on board whenever you're ready.

we have to hope for a perfect storm to win the big one.

No

We had that storm, but it's blown over.

It's never over

And now here we are again. Because we buy, we do not build. Welcome to the bright lights and the big city. Results now = fire the coach time and again. No continuity, no team identity, no long-term talent. Just rentals and castoffs and Tanny with his fancy contracts and quill pen. These are the Jets. Welcome to being a fan.

Continuity:

D'Brick

Mangold

Revis

Sanchez

Harris

Moore

Pouha

For starters.

You were being general and generally putting me into that category. You have a right to...its true! Im a bit upset and pessimistic on this team right now. I've never seen so much talent on a team go to waste because we cant make coaching/front office decisions. I've never seen such pompousness from a front office that thinks that they can just interchange players like nuts and bolts. I dont care what anyone says. Not resigning Braylon is like pretending that they didnt know everything that came with that talent. They knew that braylon came with off the field issues.

Granted, I did accept the Plax signing ONLY because I seen that they werent making an effort to resign a WR who obviously developed chemistry with a QB that needs EVERYTHING that he can get to succeed.

Im upset with my football team pointman. My apologies for being like the general fan, but you know what? Im not like the fans who can easily forget the mistakes that this team made during the offseason that I knew would come back to bite us. This is bigger than a 3-3 record, this is about shooting yourself in the foot and then pretending that we can just turn it around though we're bleeding out and the coaches verbal antics cant cover it like it did in 09.

I am not even disagreeing. I am super frustrated too. I agree with just about everything you say. I am disappointed about many roster moves, and the poor play when I saw a roster that I was excited about. I just don't get the doom and gloom and "fire" this and that.. and 'he sucks trade him' type stuff.

Archived