Pink thread closed????

Barcs

Why?

I am all for anything that raises awareness to breast cancer and/or other forms of cancer. I can't really understand how this can actually bother people..

So one mod's opinion means the thread shouldn't have been created? Can't anyone handle discussing things like this without turning into emotional wrecks boohooing about me being heartless without even reading the context of my post. There were no politics discussed, it didn't violate forum rules. WHAT'S THE ISSUE??? My only point was that breast cancer is well known, and there are plenty of other cancers that effect men only but aren't even mentioned. Why not talk about all kinds of cancer awareness instead of just breast cancer, and why pink?

People are so quick to let their emotions dictate their actions, getting bent out of shape for me bringing up a topic. Calm down, and re-read what I wrote. It's not that I don't care about cancer, and the fact that so many people thought I did, proves logic > emotion. Grow up, people.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno, I just enjoy debates and whatnot and thought that could have been an interesting discussion, but unfortunately people get emotionally involved, lose track of reality, and crap hits the fan. I know cancer can be a tough subject to discuss, especially since virtually everyone I know has lost someone to it over the years. I've lost 2 and have one currently suffering. I wasn't trying to discount cancer survivors or the importance of cancer awareness. I think pink in football is ugly, and that isn't going to cure cancer or change the facts. There's a reason why no team in the league has pink uniforms. Everyone is aware of breast cancer, there's no reason this cancer thing shouldn't include other types of lesser known cancers.

Why?

So one mod's opinion means the thread shouldn't have been created? Can't anyone handle discussing things like this without turning into emotional wrecks boohooing about me being heartless without even reading the context of my post. There were no politics discussed, it didn't violate forum rules. WHAT'S THE ISSUE??? My only point was that breast cancer is well known, and there are plenty of other cancers that effect men only but aren't even mentioned. Why not talk about all kinds of cancer awareness instead of just breast cancer, and why pink?

People are so quick to let their emotions dictate their actions, getting bent out of shape for me bringing up a topic. Calm down, and re-read what I wrote. It's not that I don't care about cancer, and the fact that so many people thought I did, proves logic > emotion. Grow up, people.

With that attitude, your the one who needs to grow up homey. Letting the color pink bother to the point where you offend a ton of people who have been effected by a horrible disease is ridiculous. Doesnt matter if that was your intent...it happened, one way or the other.

How does wearing pink ruin your game day experience? My god. Get over it. And to start another thread, really?

And as I mentioned in that thread, Pink doesnt just respresent breast cancer for me and many others. Its now more just Cancer awareness. Guys watch Football, but dont go to docotrs. Women watch it because of their boyfriends, husbands, sons, etc. If women start going for regular check ups, it will ony in turn encourage their husbands/bf's/sons to go for prostate. And the more you see Pink the more it naturally promotes Cancer awareness, period.

Get over it buddy. Its a ******* color that you have to watch once a week on a player. Wow.

With that attitude, your the one who needs to grow up homey. Letting the color pink bother to the point where you offend a ton of people who have been effected by a horrible disease is ridiculous. Doesnt matter if that was your intent...it happened, one way or the other.

How does wearing pink ruin your game day experience? My god. Get over it. And to start another thread, really?

And as I mentioned in that thread, Pink doesnt just respresent breast cancer for me and many others. Its now more just Cancer awareness. Guys watch Football, but dont go to docotrs. Women watch it because of their boyfriends, husbands, sons, etc. If women start going for regular check ups, it will ony in turn encourage their husbands/bf's/sons to go for prostate. And the more you see Pink the more it naturally promotes Cancer awareness, period.

Get over it buddy. Its a ******* color that you have to watch once a week on a player. Wow.

well said.

Why?

Because what you posted was ridiculously stupid.

We don't need professional MALE athletes running around dressed like pink pansies.

Insulting to those who might be members who are homosexual.

This just shows that Goodell is a complete tool and willing to do anything to get more female viewers. It's obvious this has been his goal since he took over. He's softened the game and made the defense less relevant.

Over 50% of women in the United States are football fans. I'd say they already had a good amount of women fans before pink socks and head shots.

Football is a MANLY sport.

LOL! MANLY! Please dude! JN isnt a Miller Lite commercial. Football IS A GAME. IT IS A SPECTATOR SPORT.

Mostly men watch it, although there are plenty of female fans, but promoting breast cancer awareness in football is just as stupid as promoting testicular cancer or prostate cancer in the WNBA or on a baking show.

Men do make up a good portion of the fans of the NFL, but any sport- heck- any good business KNOWS you try to grow the fanbase of those who arent die hard fans. The NFL wont grow unless you market to women, hispanics, and the rest of the world. If they only relied on white men to watch, the sport would wither and die.

Maybe the WNBA should push for Prostate Cancer screenings...

Lets be realistic here. Wasting money making athletes wear pink doesn't stop breast cancer.

No. But it promotes awareness. Women love their boobs. Men love boos too. Is it overdone? In my opinion, yes it is. But its the one thing most men and all women agree upon- WE LOVE BOOBS AND NEED TO PROTECT THEM! No other cancer can unite almost an entire population like Breast Cancer can. And trying to raise money for a good cause is more important than you being upset because they wear pink and look like pansies.

Try promoting it on a venue that actually makes sense, where women can learn about it, like the Oprah Winfrey show.

Oprah is no longer on the air. She retired.

Get rid of the pink. It's ugly and hideous and changes absolutely nothing.

It does clash with a majority of the uniform colors.

Like how many people that watch football have never heard of breast cancer?

Its not about who hasnt heard of breast cancer, but has to do with the fact you need to keep this in the public eye constantly to raise money and awareness of screenings and doctors visits. In this day in age, where its a fast moving world where 15 minutes of fame fade quickly, its important to keep reminding people of the horrible diseases we face and need to be screened for. As I said earlier, it is overdone in my opinion, but its overdone because almost all Americans LOVE BOOBIES!

So why was your thread closed again? Oh yeah.. Cause it was just plain dumb.

Because what you posted was ridiculously stupid.

Insulting to those who might be members who are homosexual.

Over 50% of women in the United States are football fans. I'd say they already had a good amount of women fans before pink socks and head shots.

LOL! MANLY! Please dude! JN isnt a Miller Lite commercial. Football IS A GAME. IT IS A SPECTATOR SPORT.

Men do make up a good portion of the fans of the NFL, but any sport- heck- any good business KNOWS you try to grow the fanbase of those who arent die hard fans. The NFL wont grow unless you market to women, hispanics, and the rest of the world. If they only relied on white men to watch, the sport would wither and die.

[url=http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2011/10/16/Survey-Minor-sports-have-many-US-fans/UPI-98541318807868/?spt=hs&or=sn]

Maybe the WNBA should push for Prostate Cancer screenings...

No. But it promotes awareness. Women love their boobs. Men love boos too. Is it overdone? In my opinion, yes it is. But its the one thing most men and all women agree upon- WE LOVE BOOBS AND NEED TO PROTECT THEM! No other cancer can unite almost an entire population like Breast Cancer can. And trying to raise money for a good cause is more important than you being upset because they wear pink and look like pansies.

Oprah is no longer on the air. She retired.

It does clash with a majority of the uniform colors.

Its not about who hasnt heard of breast cancer, but has to do with the fact you need to keep this in the public eye constantly to raise money and awareness of screenings and doctors visits. In this day in age, where its a fast moving world where 15 minutes of fame fade quickly, its important to keep reminding people of the horrible diseases we face and need to be screened for. As I said earlier, it is overdone in my opinion, but its overdone because almost all Americans LOVE BOOBIES!

So why was your thread closed again? Oh yeah.. Cause it was just plain dumb.

POTW

The thread was closed because it was about "Pink". I mean, who wants a thread about that sissy color! If it had been about blue, green, orange, or even a bold grey/tan plaid with yellow outlines...I mean that thread would have gone places! But pink? Who wants a pansy thread about that frequency of the color spectrum? Nobody with testicles That's who!

The same way wearing the Titan's uniforms seem to cause everyone around here to throw a bitch-fit. I could honestly care less if the players want to sport pink socks, wrist bands or gloves during this month, but I guess playing devil's advocate I'll agree with the OP that it is slightly frustrating seeing breast cancer trump the other cancers in advertisement, especially when it wasn't even in the top 3 in number of new cases and deaths in 2010.

Does anyone here... or hell, anywhere even know that September is prostate cancer awareness month?? Where were the viral campaigns, television commercials or blue socks and attire last month?? Does anyone even know that sky blue was deemed the official color of prostate cancer?? I mean, breast cancer is one of, if not the only type of cancer or cause that has it's own color for an awareness ribbon. The fact is that during October you cannot escape the viral videos, facebook campaigns or pink ribbons that are plastered in gyms, restaurants or stores. But why didn't we see even a fraction of this last month, when prostate cancer rates are close to and even surpass the number of new breast cancer cases and deaths?? It's because it's more marketable and sexy; you get the I Love Boobies, Save the ta-tas, do it for the titties, type sexual campaigns. It's easy to market, for an amazing cause and that's why everyone has hopped on the bandwagon.

I have absolutely zero problem with it, anything to raise money and promote awareness is amazing. However, I wouldn't mind a little more equality with the advertising. Why don't we see the pink and blue ribbon to support male-breast cancer during this month?? Did any of you that were absolutely crucifying the OP in defense that men get breast cancer to even know that male-breast cancer has their own awareness ribbon separate from the pink ribbon?? I guarantee that you didn't.

If you don't agree that breast cancer gets 10 fold more publicity than the other cancers, you are just kidding yourselves. However, once again, I have no problem with the amount of attention that it gets and would never like to see any of it taken away, I would just like to see other cancers reach the same level of attention.

whaaaaa whaaaa lol

Why?

It was closed because of the personal attacks.

It was closed? that's dumb, Question for all these guys who were offended...Seriously? lol my heart bleeds for you. Why don't you go cry somewhere else...

It was closed because of the personal attacks. Nobody cried that I am aware of. When we see threads with people attacking each other in it, that means the conversation is essentially over.

Just for the record I like the color pink. I was actually excited that BabyCrusher asked me to get him pink shoe laces for their last game cause one of the boys told a story about his Aunt. He kinda grew up in my eyes. Kinda hard to teach compassion. Just have to do your best and hope they get it. The part where he also talked me into a $30 pink Under Armour mouthpiece was not as cool, but he already had me at hello.

Well said JIF. I've lost my wife and my mother to breast cancer and if those guys wearing pink save or extend the life of somebody else's wife or mother - that's a bazillion times more important than some little fellow getting miffed.

The same way wearing the Titan's uniforms seem to cause everyone around here to throw a bitch-fit. I could honestly care less if the players want to sport pink socks, wrist bands or gloves during this month, but I guess playing devil's advocate I'll agree with the OP that it is slightly frustrating seeing breast cancer trump the other cancers in advertisement, especially when it wasn't even in the top 3 in number of new cases and deaths in 2010.

Does anyone here... or hell, anywhere even know that September is prostate cancer awareness month?? Where were the viral campaigns, television commercials or blue socks and attire last month?? Does anyone even know that sky blue was deemed the official color of prostate cancer?? I mean, breast cancer is one of, if not the only type of cancer or cause that has it's own color for an awareness ribbon. The fact is that during October you cannot escape the viral videos, facebook campaigns or pink ribbons that are plastered in gyms, restaurants or stores. But why didn't we see even a fraction of this last month, when prostate cancer rates are close to and even surpass the number of new breast cancer cases and deaths?? It's because it's more marketable and sexy; you get the I Love Boobies, Save the ta-tas, do it for the titties, type sexual campaigns. It's easy to market, for an amazing cause and that's why everyone has hopped on the bandwagon.

I have absolutely zero problem with it, anything to raise money and promote awareness is amazing. However, I wouldn't mind a little more equality with the advertising. Why don't we see the pink and blue ribbon to support male-breast cancer during this month?? Did any of you that were absolutely crucifying the OP in defense that men get breast cancer to even know that male-breast cancer has their own awareness ribbon separate from the pink ribbon?? I guarantee that you didn't.

If you don't agree that breast cancer gets 10 fold more publicity than the other cancers, you are just kidding yourselves. However, once again, I have no problem with the amount of attention that it gets and would never like to see any of it taken away, I would just like to see other cancers reach the same level of attention.

Look. Personally, it doesnt bother me one way or the other. My point was simple, someone started a thread about something that is very sensitive to many people and people shared a lot of awful stories and then he had the audacity to question why everyone was such a baby and then told them all to grow up. Really? Bad form. Just like this dude below. Pretty tasteless if you ask me.

And I'm repeating myself, but all causes wish they were as popular as breast cancer awareness. You act like its a bad thing because it gets more attention than others. It affects a lot of people and when your women, mother, daughter is sick...its a different feeling. My father had prostate, much harder when my mother had breast. And its only natural for this to catch on to others. Again, the more women go for check ups, the more the men in their life will too.

whaaaaa whaaaa lol

Nice contribution tough guy. You da man!

Look. Personally, it doesnt bother me one way or the other. My point was simple, someone started a thread about something that is very sensitive to many people and people shared a lot of awful stories and then he had the audacity to question why everyone was such a baby and then told them all to grow up. Really? Bad form. Just like this dude below. Pretty tasteless if you ask me.

And I'm repeating myself, but all causes wish they were as popular as breast cancer awareness. You act like its a bad thing because it gets more attention than others. It affects a lot of people and when you women, mother, daughter is sick...its a different feeling. My father had prostate, much harder when my mother had breast. And its only natural for this to catch on to others. Again, the more women go for check ups, the more the men in their life will too.

I was just busting balls about the colors bothering everyone, I had no intentions of directing anything at you. I just found it somewhat humorous how half the people are saying the color pink doesn't bother them in the slightest and that they could play in a garbage bag for all they care, yet they get all upset when we wear the titan's uniforms (which I admittedly don't like either).

I don't act like it's a bad thing it gets a lot of attention, I am just frustrated that other forms of cancer don't get the same level of attention, because they aren't as marketable. Cancer is one of those things that has probably touched every singly person in one way or another; I lost my father to a brain tumor and grandmother to breast cancer in the same year, I feel great empathy for everyone that it has impacted. I absolutely love the fact that it gets the attention it does, love it. However, I just wish that cancers that are as equally life-threatening and prevalent, if not moreso, would get the same attention and marketing.

I agree wholeheartedly that it's a diffiferent feeling when a women in your life gets sick than a man, they are more vulnerable and you feel like you have to take care of them. Part of this is what makes prostate cancer so dangerous; men don't want to feel vulnerable and they don't want to act like they can get sick. Being in the medical community, I think it's ten fold more difficult to get a man to get his prostate checked than it is to have a woman get a mammogram;due in large part to the relative invasiveness and taboo-culture of the procedure. Thus, I think the level of marketing for prostate cancer should be that much higher to combat the stubbornness and stupidity of us men.

I'm not arguing that any of this is bad, we both - and 99% of the people here - agree that this level of awareness is amazing and that anything that can be done to raise cancer awareness is amazing. However, I do think that breast cancer, like many things in our culture, has become extremely trendy to support and just wish that other types would raise up to that same level, not have breast cancer drop to their level. It's an awful killer and I'm glad that efforts are being made, I think what the NFL and other major sporting leagues do is fantastic, I don't want that to get lost in my post.

I lost my sister, who left behind innocent children because of breast cancer. They still cry, almost every night for their mom. It's almost impossible for me to see. Without crying myself. You ever heard of Hospice? Well, that's where my sister speant her last month's alive. That's where I seen a terminally ill loved one, show the strength and courage of a survivor. She never quit. Too bad she couldn't survive. I don't need to come online, to a Jets message board, and see a cold hearted person, such as your ******* self, talk about how the color pink is "stupid" on football players. You grow the **** up. And I most definitely don't need to come online, to a Jets message board, and see a hard headed person crying about a thread being moved, that should have never been created in the first place. You think only a mod had a problem with your stupid ******* thread? Wrong. We all had a ******* problem with it. You ever heard of the 3rd stage of breast cancer? Hopefully a husband or son, watching NFL on Sundays, later takes his sister or mother to get a checkup during the first stage of breast cancer; so she can be saved. If only I would have done the same, for my sister. Get lost.

I was just busting balls about the colors bothering everyone, I had no intentions of directing anything at you. I just found it somewhat humorous how half the people are saying the color pink doesn't bother them in the slightest and that they could play in a garbage bag for all they care, yet they get all upset when we wear the titan's uniforms (which I admittedly don't like either).

I don't act like it's a bad thing it gets a lot of attention, I am just frustrated that other forms of cancer don't get the same level of attention, because they aren't as marketable. Cancer is one of those things that has probably touched every singly person in one way or another; I lost my father to a brain tumor and grandmother to breast cancer in the same year, I feel great empathy for everyone that it has impacted. I absolutely love the fact that it gets the attention it does, love it. However, I just wish that cancers that are as equally life-threatening and prevalent, if not moreso, would get the same attention and marketing.

I agree wholeheartedly that it's a diffiferent feeling when a women in your life gets sick than a man, they are more vulnerable and you feel like you have to take care of them. Part of this is what makes prostate cancer so dangerous; men don't want to feel vulnerable and they don't want to act like they can get sick. Being in the medical community, I think it's ten fold more difficult to get a man to get his prostate checked than it is to have a woman get a mammogram;due in large part to the relative invasiveness and taboo-culture of the procedure. Thus, I think the level of marketing for prostate cancer should be that much higher to combat the stubbornness and stupidity of us men.

I'm not arguing that any of this is bad, we both - and 99% of the people here - agree that this level of awareness is amazing and that anything that can be done to raise cancer awareness is amazing. However, I do think that breast cancer, like many things in our culture, has become extremely trendy to support and just wish that other types would raise up to that same level, not have breast cancer drop to their level. It's an awful killer and I'm glad that efforts are being made, I think what the NFL and other major sporting leagues do is fantastic, I don't want that to get lost in my post.

Fair enough. And like I said, all I we can hope for is that the women start dragging their men with them.

And its trendy, but I assure you....every awareness, foundation, group, charity that is out there one day hopes to be trendy too. Hopefully it will spread and those organizations can find out what breast cancer did to increase their bandwidth as well.

Fair enough. And like I said, all I we can hope for is that the women start dragging their men with them.

And its trendy, but I assure you....every awareness, foundation, group, charity that is out there one day hopes to be trendy too. Hopefully it will spread and those organizations can find out what breast cancer did to increase their bandwidth as well.

Agreed 100%. Fact is, boobs are sexier than assholes at the moment. The Prostate Cancer Awareness Group should hire Tori Black and just start spamming the hell out of her Tori Black Goes Greek video to houses around the country. That'll start getting sh*t moving.

Sez the jackoff that tells you to "off yourself" because he didnt like a negative joke about his idol "Sanchize"

The thread was closed because it was about "Pink". I mean, who wants a thread about that sissy color! If it had been about blue, green, orange, or even a bold grey/tan plaid with yellow outlines...I mean that thread would have gone places! But pink? Who wants a pansy thread about that frequency of the color spectrum? Nobody with testicles That's who!

:lol:

90% of the population loves boobs. 90% of the population wants to protect dem boobs from da cancer.

What other cancer can show support like that! We all can rally around boobs. I really dont want to rally around a bunch of prostates.

Just for the record I like the color pink. I was actually excited that BabyCrusher asked me to get him pink shoe laces for their last game cause one of the boys told a story about his Aunt. He kinda grew up in my eyes. Kinda hard to teach compassion. Just have to do your best and hope they get it. The part where he also talked me into a $30 pink Under Armour mouthpiece was not as cool, but he already had me at hello.

were you upset because a mouthpiece prevents food getting into lil crushie's mouth??? Thats why I dont wear one... what if a ring ding comes flying at my wife?? How am i supposed to protect her with a mouth piece in?

Archived