Do these critics still wanna say Sanchez "hasn't improved"?

JetsFanFromQueens

I've noticed that most Sanchez critics, who enjoy criticizing him for his regular season numbers, are also the same fans who refuse to acknowledge the fact that he's played outstanding football come postseason play. Outstanding would be an understatement, he's performed phenomenally great. Yes, he's had his struggles during the regular season, he's still a young developing quarterback, but he's also been a clutch performer with the pressure on, during win or go home situations, when it's mattered the most; the playoffs. Stars have always been born come playoff time, and over the past two playoff apperances, Sanchez has distinguished himself as an up and coming franchise quarterback.

He's eliminated elite QB's such as Palmer, Rivers, Brady and Peyton Manning. How many quarterbacks can say they've eliminated Rivers and the Chargers, Manning and the Colts as well as Brady and the Patriots during the postseason? Sanchez can. He also played lights out while doing so. All 4 of our playoff victories have came on the road with Sanchez under center, which is astounding in it's own right in regards to our quarterback. He's gone into opposing stadiums, with 60,000+ fans going absolutely wild for their playoff teams, and he's shown me the heart, focus and overall composure of a playoff warrior. It doesn't get any better than that.

4-2 record during the playoffs and has gone 95/157, 1,155, yards, 60.5%, 9 TD's/3 INT's with a QB rating of 94.3 during 6 career playoff games. This kid is a winner. Only 5 quarterbacks have a playoff career rating that ranks higher than Sanchez' playoff performances. Aaron Rodgers. Bart Starr. Kurt Warner. Drew Bress and Joe Montana. I'm proud to say that Sanchez is our franchise quarterback. Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Brett Favre, Steve Young, Tom Brady, Warren Moon and Ben Roethlisberger also rank top 15 amongst playoff quarterbacks. Sanchez may not have a ring, but then again, he hasn't even completed his 3rd season as a pro.

QB ratings of 63.0 his rookie season, 75.3 his sophmore year and has currently posted a rating of 82.3 (and climbing). He's improving, and if his 3 year trend of consistant improvement continues, he'll most definitely finish the year off with a QB rating of 90 or higher. I guess the critics of Sanchez can always label him a career loser, for the simple fact, he hasn't became a QB with a quarterback rating of 100+ before the end of his 3rd season...

Too long but I did read most of it. It's almost entirely crazy homer nonsense.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough. He's actually exceeded my expectations because I thought he'd be an utter bust...but I dont think he's lived up to his draft status at this point. He's progressed and improved, I do believe that, but he's got a long way to go. And I'm ok with that, he's young and the book isnt closed.

Yes, I'm sure everyone's perfect storm is facing Manning, Brady and Big Rape all on the road in the playoffs.

Saying that Sanchez "beat" Big Rape, Manning and Brady in the playoffs is like saying that JJ Barea "beat" Lebron James and Dwayne Wade to win the NBA title.

Saying that Sanchez "beat" Big Rape, Manning and Brady in the playoffs is like saying that JJ Barea "beat" Lebron James and Dwayne Wade to win the NBA title.

I'm sorry, did I say that some where?...but while were at it, from 2001-2005, Tom Brady didnt "beat" anyone on his way to 3 SB titles either.

That's certainly the case for 2009, I won't argue that, but I don't buy that for last season. Just taking Sanchez out of the equation, the Jets had their playoff spot locked up before even playing their last game, and they still tore the Bills a new one with nothing but backups in the game and ended up with their most wins in 12 years (and only 4 teams had more last year). Their playoff berth was certainly earned and it's not exactly like they got the luxury of facing post-season all-stars like the Chiefs or Seahawks come playoff time either. Hell, even the reigning Super Bowl champs backed into the playoffs last year thanks to the Giants losing to the single worst team in the league, so there's hardly much to apologize for regarding what the Jets did.

I'm not only talking about the regular season. Jim Caldwell did as much to beat the Colts in the playoffs last year as Mark Sanchez did.

The pro-Sanchez people are working really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hard to present their case.

Meanwhile, the anti-Sanchez/Meh-Sanchez crowd gets to sit back and say, "watch him play."

This. It generally doesn't take this much to present an argument if a guy's really any good.

I'm sorry, did I say that some where?...but while were at it, from 2001-2005, Tom Brady didnt "beat" anyone on his way to 3 SB titles either.

knocking brady while touting sanchez for wins in which his primary accomplishment was not blowing it is dumb

and to JFQ, sanchez was not "phenomenally great".. if you use adjectives like that to describe sanchez's stats, what is left to describe rodgers run last year?

Good point. Tuck rule?

Relevance?

My point is that you can't point to making back-to-back AFC Championship Games as some sort of proof that Mark Sanchez is a good NFL QB when he was basically terrible in 2 of his 4 playoff victories and has been utter dogsh*t for the majority of his 37 career starts in the regular season.

knocking brady while touting sanchez for wins in which his primary accomplishment was not blowing it is dumb

Why? Whats the difference? I'm just saying, this is a team game. Very few if any QB's completely carry a team to a SB. Everyone needs a little help. And my point was, you can easily make the same case for Brady not technically "beating" anyone on his way to 3 SB's. And all his great wins, were last second FG's, so...knockig Sanchez for the same is dumb.

Relevance?

My point is that you can't point to making back-to-back AFC Championship Games as some sort of proof that Mark Sanchez is a good NFL QB when he was basically terrible in 2 of his 4 playoff victories and has been utter dogsh*t for the majority of his 37 career starts in the regular season.

Same as explained to CTM above. Lots of factors go into it. Even the great ones need a little help.

And I'm not making those points, btw. I'm just having fun playing off how both sides are irrational.

Why? Whats the difference? I'm just saying, this is a team game. Very few if any QB's completely carry a team to a SB. Everyone needs a little help. And my point was, you can easily make the same case for Brady not technically "beating" anyone on his way to 3 SB's. And all his great wins, were last second FG's, so...knockig Sanchez for the same is dumb.

Same as explained to CTM above. Lots of factors go into it. Even the great ones need a little help.

And I'm not making those points, btw. I'm just having fun playing off how both sides are irrational.

completing 32 passes for 350 yards and 3 td's with a game winning drive in the sb doesn't qualify? people are using terms like "phenomenally great" to describe sanchez's much more pedestrian stats

completing 32 passes for 350 yards and 3 td's with a game winning drive in the sb doesn't qualify? people are using terms like "phenomenally great" to describe sanchez's much more pedestrian stats

You are cherry picking, cherry picker. 1 good game out of 9.

No seriously, I dont see how you're not getting my point here. Its not all about the QB, all the time. The Steelers went to the SB last year despite Big Ben. He was awful vs. the Jets, he completed 10 passes, 52% and had 2 picks. Even the great ones get a little help. By using Tom's logic, that Sanchez didnt "beat" anyone - well then, that same logic can be applied to Tom Brady sans 1 game out of 9 and last year Big Ben. Really dont get how you're not following me here...I'm not even arguing he did play great or was the reason for the wins. Just point out how that logical can be applied in lots and lots of cases.

I think it would be hard to call him a good QB and back it up with stats at this point in his career.

4-2 record during the playoffs and has thrown for 95/157, 1,155, yards, completion percentage of 60.5%, 9 TD's/3 INT's with a QB playoff rating of 94.3 during 6 career playoff games. Not good enough for you? This kid is a winner. Only 5 quarterbacks have playoff career QB ratings that rank higher than Sanchez' playoff performances. Aaron Rodgers. Bart Starr. Kurt Warner. Drew Bress and Joe Montana.

Sanchez may not have a ring, but then again, he hasn't even completed his 3rd season as a pro. He's eliminated elite QB's such as Palmer, Rivers, Brady and Peyton Manning. How many quarterbacks can say they've eliminated Rivers and the Chargers, Manning and the Colts as well as Brady and the Patriots during the postseason? Not many, but Sanchez can. He also played lights out while doing so. All 4 of our playoff victories have came on the road with Sanchez under center, which is astounding in it's own right in regards to our quarterback.

He's gone into opposing stadiums, with 60,000+ fans going absolutely wild for their playoff teams, and he's shown me the heart, focus and overall composure of a playoff warrior. It doesn't get any better than that.

Nothing Brady has done in the SB impresses me. Heck, what he did last Sunday against the Cowboys was more impressive than what he's done in the SB.

In the Pats' 3 SB victories, Brady has never had a game winning drive where the Pats would lose if they failed to score.

Nothing Brady has done in the SB impresses me. Heck, what he did last Sunday against the Cowboys was more impressive than what he's done in the SB.

In the Pats' 3 SB victories, Brady has never had a game winning drive where the Pats would lose if they failed to score.

Well he had a chance for one of those once... but ya know, they lost instead.

how is that position consistant with applauding snachez's much more mdoest playoff successes?

You know I read that original post and thought that was actually a decent point from a cognitive standpoint. But then, you went there.

I had to because it's the truth.

Brady has won 2 road playoff games, one against Kordell Stewart and another against the rookie Big Ben, coming off an awful game against the Jets D.

Brady has been favored in 3 SBs, won 2 of them. All, of course, were in neutral sites.

In the only SB the Pats weren't favored, the Pats benefitted from video taping the Rams' walk through. The Pats led 14-3 at half, jumping out to an early lead based on the fact that the Pats knew the Rams' plays. Kurt Warner has spoken about this on the record. He, the offense, and coaching staff thought something was fishy and changed things up.

What happened? Warner and the Rams dominated the second half, scoring 14 points to the Pats' 3, until the final drive when Lovie Smith (DC) went prevent.

Tom Brady was 16/27 for 145 yds (5.4 avg) and 1 TD that game. Aren't those "modest" stats, CTM????

I had to because it's the truth.

Brady has won 2 road playoff games, one against Kordell Stewart and another against the rookie Big Ben, coming off an awful game against the Jets D.

Brady has been favored in 3 SBs, won 2 of them. All, of course, were in neutral sites.

In the only SB the Pats weren't favored, the Pats benefitted from video taping the Rams' walk through. The Pats led 14-3 at half, jumping out to an early lead based on the fact that the Pats knew the Rams' plays. Kurt Warner has spoken about this on the record. He, the offense, and coaching staff thought something was fishy and changed things up.

What happened? Warner and the Rams dominated the second half, scoring 14 points to the Pats' 3, until the final drive when Lovie Smith (DC) went prevent.

Tom Brady was 16/27 for 145 yds (5.4 avg) and 1 TD that game. Aren't those "modest" stats, CTM????

I love when I bring up good points and I'm right about something yet everyone makes fun of me because I'm JiF but then all of a sudden, someone who saw where I was coming from did all the work to prove I was right.

Brings me joy.

Archived