Do these critics still wanna say Sanchez "hasn't improved"?

JetsFanFromQueens

Awesome, so then you're with the rest of us now in that you hate the Jets and don't want Mark Sanchez to succeed.

Oh goody!!!

But the thing is, I like him and dont think the book is closed even though he's barely improving and still isnt good. Can I still play in the same sandbox?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these 3 and outs have something to do with his execution as well as the play calls. I thought he was below average the other night. one good drive, way too many badly thrown balls, and his second TD was a broken play, which became a TD because of a few great downfield blocks. I would like to see him in an offense that was not slant crazy and lateral in design.

I love when I bring up good points and I'm right about something yet everyone makes fun of me because I'm JiF but then all of a sudden,

someone who saw where I was coming from did all the work to prove I was right.

Brings me joy.

no.. You're still an idiot .. The fact that smc took the time to prove what everyone already knew- Brady had pedestrian games in the playoffs -doesn't change that

this debate is stupid, I'm not even sure what were argueing about.. My only point is that there isn't a lot of evidence to suggest sanchez is going to evolve into an elite player ATM ...

That's certainly the case for 2009, I won't argue that, but I don't buy that for last season. Just taking Sanchez out of the equation, the Jets had their playoff spot locked up before even playing their last game, and they still tore the Bills a new one with nothing but backups in the game and ended up with their most wins in 12 years (and only 4 teams had more last year). Their playoff berth was certainly earned and it's not exactly like they got the luxury of facing post-season all-stars like the Chiefs or Seahawks come playoff time either. Hell, even the reigning Super Bowl champs backed into the playoffs last year thanks to the Giants losing to the single worst team in the league, so there's hardly much to apologize for regarding what the Jets did.

I think the point is that to get to the play-offs last season the Jets had miracle gifts handed to them in the Denver, Cleveland, Detroit and Houston games. We then faced a depleted Colts team and needed some curious Colts Head Coaching to win that game. The NE game they deserve all the credit in the world for.

I think the point is that to get to the play-offs last season the Jets had miracle gifts handed to them in the Denver, Cleveland, Detroit and Houston games. We then faced a depleted Colts team and needed some curious Colts Head Coaching to win that game. The NE game they deserve all the credit in the world for.

I still don't buy it. You could argue the Denver game, but even then it was a legitimate call at the end there, and there's nothing at all that made any of the Cleveland, Detroit or Houston wins "miracle gifts". There's no team in the league who gets as little credit for any close wins as the Jets. Even the Cleveland game, which was certainly a more peculiar situation with the last second OT victory, should have been a regulation win for the Jets if not for two dropped TDs on the drive that only ended up being a tying FG drive. As far as the Colts game, since when does any team in the league need to apologize for crap like that? For years the Jets lost games thanks to idiotic coaching, horrible clock management and the list goes on, but nobody was taking away victories from those opposing teams. That same thing happens both for and against every team every year. The Jets don't deserve any sort of massive praise for the season because they didn't get the job done in the end, but it's also absurd to try to take away credit from an 11-win season and back-to-back road victories over Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. I'm not even saying this from a Sanchez perspective, just an overall Jets one.

Hell, I don't see anyone taking away the Packers' Lombardi because they barely backed into the playoffs thanks to such miracles as the Giants losing to the worst team in football and a 9-0 victory over a Jets team when the officials twice ruled completed passes on tackled players that were stripped of the ball after down as interceptions. Not that the Jets deserve endless praise for what they did, but trying to discredit it is ridiculous.

he's barely improving and still isnt good.

Yeah, you're correct, Sanchez has "barely" improved. I guess you've missed his rookie season entirely, where put up QB ratings of...

With games of...

3 INT's

3 INT's

4 INT's

5 INT's

With 7 games of 150 yards or fewer.

5 games of 0 TD's thrown.

Completion percentages of...

34.5%

38.1%

46.7%

50%

50%

53.3%

Yeah, lol, you're right, he's "barely improved". It's obvious that you Sanchez critics, who refuse to see improvements because he's not Tom Brady during his 3rd year, forget how awful Sanchez played during his rookie season and refuse to see his overall IMPROVEMENTS as a 3rd year player.

He's improved each and every season since being drafted into this league. We all seen solid improvement during his sophmore season of last year when compared to his rookie season of 09.

To keep it simple, as a rookie, his QB rating was 63.0 with 12 TD's/20 INT's thrown. As a 3rd year quarterback, as of right now, his QB rating is currently 82.3 (and climbing) with 9 TD's/5 INT's.

He's dropped back 51 times over the past two weeks, without throwing an INT and has also thrown 3 TD's.

He's on the right track to becoming a franchise QB, but he's still developing. He'll have a QB rating of 90+ before the season's over. Being realistic, you can't ask for anything better from a 1st rounder, during his 3rd season, than finishing with a QB rating of 90+.

Sanchez threw an INT once ever 19.65 pass attempts as a rookie.

He's only thrown an INT once every 39.6 pass attempts this season.

Yup, you Sanchez critics are "correct"... Sanchez hasn't improved. What a joke.

Yeah, you're correct, Sanchez has "barely" improved. I guess you've missed his rookie season entirely, where put up QB ratings of...

With games of...

3 INT's

3 INT's

4 INT's

5 INT's

With 7 games of 150 yards or fewer.

5 games of 0 TD's thrown.

Completion percentages of...

34.5%

38.1%

46.7%

50%

50%

53.3%

Yeah, lol, you're right, he's "barely improved". It's obvious that you Sanchez critics, who refuse to see improvements because he's not Tom Brady during his 3rd year, forget how awful Sanchez played during his rookie season and refuse to see his overall IMPROVEMENTS as a 3rd year player.

He's improved each and every season since being drafted into this league. We all seen solid improvement during his sophmore season of last year when compared to his rookie season of 09.

To keep it simple, as a rookie, his QB rating was 63.0 with 12 TD's/20 INT's thrown. As a 3rd year quarterback, as of right now, his QB rating is currently 82.3 (and climbing) with 9 TD's/5 INT's.

He's dropped back 51 times over the past two weeks, without throwing an INT and has also thrown 3 TD's.

He's on the right track to becoming a franchise QB, but he's still developing. He'll have a QB rating of 90+ before the season's over. Being realistic, you can't ask for anything better from a 1st rounder, during his 3rd season, than finishing with a QB rating of 90+.

Sanchez threw an INT once ever 19.65 pass attempts as a rookie.

Yup, you Sanchez critics are "correct"... Sanchez hasn't improved. What a joke.

Are you including the 6 fubmles and the 4 he lost, 2 of which went for TD's? Do those factor into his grand improvements. What are his playoff stats? I hear those are really good. Did you factor those as well?

The reason football outsiders rankings are deemed to be more acceptable than most systems is because they factor in plays that are more destructive than others. Why don't people think Sanchez has developed like he should be? Because he's still allowing pick 6's and fumbles to be returned for long run-backs and TD's.

In Rex's scheme, those plays are absolute no-no's. It's not like we have some juggernaut offensive system to get points back quickly. Our games (and entire seasons) under Rex are marathons, not sprints.

Are you including the 6 fubmles and the 4 he lost, 2 of which went for TD's? Do those factor into his grand improvements. What are his playoff stats? I hear those are really good. Did you factor those as well?

That's really your "argument" to DISMISS his overall improvments? Too funny man, too funny. Rather sad honestly. You must be talking about the 4 fumbles against the Ravens, 3 of which were recovered and 2 of which were returned for TD's? You're really using the Ravens game as an example against his progress? What a joke.

The more you refuse to admit Sanchez has came a long ways since his rookie season, the more I'll continue to hit you with facts. The more you'll continue to hide under a rock.

***I guess you really did miss out on his rookie season, where put up QB ratings of 8.3, 27.0, 37.1, 49.7, 59.3, 60.2, 78.0 and 79.0.

This year he's put up QB ratings of 85.8, 88.7, 93.9, 95.6 and 105.6.

***I guess you've also failed to witness rookie performances of 0 TD's/3 INT's. 0 TD's/5 INT's. 1 TD/2 INT's. 1 TD/3 INT's and 1 TD/4 INT's.

This year he's only had 1 game of more INT's than TD's. Which was a 0 TD/1 INT performance against the Ravens.

***As a rookie, Sanchez only had two games of two TD's.

He's already had 4 games of two TD's thrown thus far through 6 weeks.

***As a rookie, Sanchez had 7 games of 150 yards or fewer.

This year, he's only had 1 game of 150 yards or fewer; against the Ravens.

***As a rookie, Sanchez only had 4 games of 200+ yards and 0 games of 300+ yards.

This year, he's already had one game of 200+ yards and two games of 300+ yards.

***As a rookie, Sanchez struggled through 5 games of 0 TD's thrown.

This year, he's only had one game without a TD pass thrown. Against the Ravens.

**** As a rookie, Sanchez struggled with accuracy, with completion percentages of...34.5%, 38.1%, 46.7%, 50%, 50%, 53.3%.

This year, he's had completion percentages of 56.0%, 59.1%, 61.4%, 61.5% and 70.8%. Only one game below 56%, against the Ravens.

***Sanchez threw an INT once ever 19.65 pass attempts as a rookie.

It's sad, but you've already forgotten how awful Sanchez played during his rookie season. But hey, why not let your little negative negative criticism get in the way of stone cold fact's and all around improvements across the board within each and every statistical category known quarterbacking statistics. Nice job, trying to use Baltimore's performance as an example though,

That's really your "argument" to DISMISS his overall improvments? Too funny man, too funny. Rather sad honestly. You must be talking about the 4 fumbles against the Ravens, 3 of which were recovered and 2 of which were returned for TD's? You're really using the Ravens game as an example against his progress? What a joke.

The more you refuse to admit Sanchez has came a long ways since his rookie season, the more I'll continue to hit you with facts. The more you'll continue to hide under a rock.

***I guess you really did miss out on his rookie season, where put up QB ratings of 8.3, 27.0, 37.1, 49.7, 59.3, 60.2, 78.0 and 79.0.

This year he's put up QB ratings of 85.8, 88.7, 93.9, 95.6 and 105.6.

***I guess you've also failed to witness rookie performances of 0 TD's/3 INT's. 0 TD's/5 INT's. 1 TD/2 INT's. 1 TD/3 INT's and 1 TD/4 INT's.

This year he's only had 1 game of more INT's than TD's. Which was a 0 TD/1 INT performance against the Ravens.

***As a rookie, Sanchez only had two games of two TD's.

He's already had 4 games of two TD's thrown thus far through 6 weeks.

***As a rookie, Sanchez had 7 games of 150 yards or fewer.

This year, he's only had 1 game of 150 yards or fewer; against the Ravens.

***As a rookie, Sanchez only had 4 games of 200+ yards and 0 games of 300+ yards.

This year, he's already had one game of 200+ yards and two games of 300+ yards.

***As a rookie, Sanchez struggled through 5 games of 0 TD's thrown.

This year, he's only had one game without a TD pass thrown. Against the Ravens.

**** As a rookie, Sanchez struggled with accuracy, with completion percentages of...34.5%, 38.1%, 46.7%, 50%, 50%, 53.3%.

This year, he's had completion percentages of 56.0%, 59.1%, 61.4%, 61.5% and 70.8%. Only one game below 56%, against the Ravens.

***Sanchez threw an INT once ever 19.65 pass attempts as a rookie.

It's sad, but you've already forgotten how awful Sanchez played during his rookie season. But hey, why not let your little negative negative criticism get in the way of stone cold fact's and all around improvements across the board within each and every statistical category known quarterbacking statistics. Nice job, trying to use Baltimore's performance as an example though,

Yeah, but how is he in the playoffs?

Yet another strong performance for Sanchez today.

3 TD's, 1 INT, with a QB rating of 87.1 against the Chargers. Could have been 4 TD's and 0 INT's if not for the holding call on Mangold. That was a beautiful throw to Holmes for the TD though, if only it would have counted. Regardless, Sanchez performed.

12 TD's/5 INT's, 2 rushing TD's, 1,545 yards with a QB rating of 83.8 on the season. Ranks 5th amongst QB's with 12 TD's thrown.

Has a QB rating of 92.7 outside of the Ravens game. I'd say he's most definitely on the right track as a 3rd year quarterback.

QB rating's of 85.8, 87.1, 88.7, 93.8, 95.6 and 105.6. But yet, we're still seeing Sanchez critics acting as if it's out of the realm of possibility that he'll finish with a QB rating of 90+. Despite the fact that he's done all of this behind a struggling offensive line/run game during our first 5 weeks.

Sanchez has 5 games of multiple TD's this year. He only had 7 games of multiple TD's during his first two regular seasons combined. Yup, these Sanchez critics are correct. He's "barely" improving.

All this from a QB with what 16 college games and NO NFL QB to learn from. From USC to the Jets as the starting QB....he's my QB thanks!!!!!

He's a developing franchise QB for sure.

We now have a quarterback, that we can build our team around through the draft and free agency for many of years to come. We no longer have to worry about trading up for a QB. We can take a WR or OLB during round one. We can go RT or MLB during round two. DE or Safety during round 3. Etc, Etc. In no specific order. But we no longer have to worry about drafting a QB during early rounds. We can build around this kid, because we already know he has what it takes to perform come postseason play. Something that QB's such as Freeman, Stafford, Bradford, Newton etc have yet to do... Which is perform come postseason play.

Dude he threw two quick slants for TD's. The running game was flowing and the defense bailed him out again. If the defense doesn't play lights out and shut out the Chargers in the second half....we loose and Sanchez throws his money pick in the 4th quarter. You and every rational Jets fan knows this.

I could back it up with stats. last 12 games 17TD 7INT Playoffs in first two years 9 TD 3 INT 60.7% Last 12 games minus ONE crap Ravens games which skews the numbers (if you MUST rely on that game to prove ur point than discussions over) == 63% 94 passer rating = good for 9th

Sanchez will be top ten by year's end STATISTICALLY and he will stay there. So, this fantasy football nonsense that he sucks will soon subside, much like the talk of the overhyped, overpaid Me-vis. lmao So we should think about who is next. I see some Kyle Wilson dissatisfaction. haha

I Used to think it was asinine to hate on your franchiseqb, but it makes perfect sense now. Fantasy Football. lol Oh another stat is his 90+ passer rating in the playoffs and his 9 game winning drives in three years. That's my favorite. By comparison, Brady has 25 career.

He's 4-2 in playoffs where he sent Tom Brady, Peyton Mannin, Phil Rivers and Carson Palmer home in their own stadium. Sorry, a qb who goes 60%, 9td 3 int , 2game winning drives, 90+ rating in the playoffs HELPED out in the victories. Time to recognize.

Top ten by year's end, never to look back. No need to fight the crusade, because we are talking two different things: Fantasy and rel life. He's not a good fantasy draw right now and that's how we rank talent now, but in the real world, he wins. So, just let things fall into place. It's so much more enjoyable when you root FOR your guys, I've noticed, too.

But my favorite stat ever. 28-15!

haha Did I read that he only "threw slants" for his TDs?? lol WOW we are reaching now. I have a little montage down there of his pretty passes and there were a few more today. "Just slants", huh? How can someone you tell me that you AREN'T rooting against ur team when you know they burn with every TD. haha (12 if ur counting lol) BTW no matter what you tell yourself, this is the first game he's had a running game develop and the defense has basically been poor. Whatever, I'm gonna let you guys off the hook when it's obvious that you've painted yourself in a corner, just like the Mevis gang slipped back into circulation. lmao

HEY JiF, I hear you keep calling for his playoff stats as if that will disprove something. Actually, he LIGHTS IT UP in the postseason are you ready? 60.5% comp 9 TD 3 INT passer rating of 94.5 with two fourth quarter comebacks. lol What is it you were curious about? IO think it's time to be brave enough to cheer for your man. The world is bigger than JN. How do you like those stats?

Dude he threw two quick slants for TD's. The running game was flowing and the defense bailed him out again. If the defense doesn't play lights out and shut out the Chargers in the second half....we loose and Sanchez throws his money pick in the 4th quarter. You and every rational Jets fan knows this.

LOL

HEY JiF, I hear you keep calling for his playoff stats as if that will disprove something. Actually, he LIGHTS IT UP in the postseason are you ready? 60.5% comp 9 TD 3 INT passer rating of 94.5 with two fourth quarter comebacks. lol What is it you were curious about? IO think it's time to be brave enough to cheer for your man. The world is bigger than JN. How do you like those stats?

Those are impressive stats.

Sanchez is the man. I love this kid.

Good for Sanchez, but he showed what he's always shown: when his first read is open, he's fine. When it's not, he's terrible. Fortunately, the Chargers elected to not cover Plaxico.

Right, and you already came to the conclusion that this is how it always will be.

He is what he is...

and he'schecking down a lot more.. shouldn't be a surprise..

when you draft a kid at 4 he should be better by year 3.. ideally.. I'm not saying it's a lost cause, but it doesn't look great atm..

and his comp% is still lower then 2 rookies in cam newton and dalton

Whew good thing we took him at 5 then.. :winking0001:

Good for Sanchez, but he showed what he's always shown: when his first read is open, he's fine. When it's not, he's terrible. Fortunately, the Chargers elected to not cover Plaxico.

Sanchez inconsistency is what makes him so frustrating, he's like a streaky hitter in baseball.

For all his faults, I am happy to have a young, improving QB.

I will take Sanchez any day of the week after enduring nagle, O'donnell, Brister, Foley, Tupa, Mirer, Lucas, Clemens, Favre, and the never ending saga of Pennington comeback player of the years

The kid will get better in time. For the most part I just hope he starts to just learn from mistakes. The Bills, Pats and Denver are waiting. And for the most part he will have a big hand in our success. I like what I see.

That's just it. JFFQ is not a rational Jets fan. In any sense of the term. I think he became a Jets fan sometime around the Week 17 win over the Bengals in 2009.

I was born into a family of die hard Jet fans. Haven't missed a Jets game since 1994-1995. I've maybe missed 5-7 live games since then, but always made sure to either VCR record (back in the old electronic days) or DVR the games.

Funny, coming from the person who's added no insight what so ever in this thread, only to dish out "insults".

I give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt because the guy plays well in big games against good teams (for the most part). I remember Chad being a guy that would put up impressive numbers, then lay an egg in a game like yesterday against a good team with a good defense. Sanchez has heart and appears to be a winner.

Sanchez inconsistency is what makes him so frustrating, he's like a streaky hitter in baseball.

For all his faults, I am happy to have a young, improving QB.

I will take Sanchez any day of the week after enduring nagle, O'donnell, Brister, Foley, Tupa, Mirer, Lucas, Clemens, Favre, and the never ending saga of Pennington comeback player of the years

Got to agree here.

I wasn't crazy about the Sanchez selection at the time, but I have to say the kid has played well in crunch time.

The inconsistency has been driving me crazy, but he often seems to pull it together in the end. yesterday was a perfect example. IMO it has to do with him being to hyped at the beginning of games, then he settles down.

At the end of the first quarter yesterday I was ready to kill him.

Think as he matures he is going to settle into an excellent NFL QB

Archived