Jets Waive DT Martin Tevaseu, Release T Dennis Landolt from Practice Squad

flylikeajet

jets.gif

The NY Jets have waived DT Martin Tevaseu, a player they were very pleased with during camp.  The move to let “MTV” go shows that the organization was impressed with Kenrick Ellis, who had a very solid game last night.  Here is the official release from the Jets.

Jets Waive DT Martin Tevaseu, Release T Dennis Landolt from Practice Squad

The New York Jets have waived DT Martin Tevaseu and released T Dennis Landolt from the practice squad. The announcements were made by General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Tevaseu (DT/6-2/325/Nevada-Las Vegas/Oakland, CA)
made his regular season debut against Miami (10/17/10) after he spent the first five weeks of the season on the practice squad. He initially entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Cleveland Browns last season, before he joined the Jets as a free agent (7/20/10) and appeared in all four preseason games. After he was waived by the Jets (9/4/10), he signed to the practice squad (9/6/10) and spent all 16 regular season, and the first two postseason games there before being signed to the active roster (1/22/11) and earning his NFL debut at Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship Game (1/25/11).

Landolt (T/6-4/306/Penn State/Burlington, NJ)
was signed to the practice squad (10/5/11) after being released from the practice squad of the New Orleans Saints (10/1/11). He was signed to the New Orleans practice squad (9/5/11) after he was waived by the Jets (9/3/11).  Landolt was signed to a reserve/future contract by the Jets (1/24/11) after he initially joined them as a member of their practice squad (01/12/11).  He also spent last season on the practice squads of the New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers.  A three-year starter at Penn State, Landolt played right tackle before moving to left tackle his senior season, where he was named first-team All-Big Ten and third-team Associated Press All-American as part of an offensive line that allowed just 17 sacks in 13 games.

You can comment on this NY Jets roster move in the

di</img>di</img>

hJoCvDV9orE

View the full article

I wish they kept MTV and cut Strickland. Strickland has hurt us quite a few times this season. Wilson is playing great at #3, Cole, trufant and lankster are much better on specials. Need more beef up front then 7 CB's.

I wish they kept MTV and cut Strickland. Strickland has hurt us quite a few times this season. Wilson is playing great at #3, Cole, trufant and lankster are much better on specials. Need more beef up front then 7 CB's.

Lankster did look good on special teams.

I thought Kenrick Ellis had a great game. The one goal line stand (Dolphins held to a field goal) Ellis dominated on 2nd down I believe it was, two yard loss. Still not sure why he was inactive so far this year, I thought he had a really good camp.

Wilson has been having an amazing season thus far and is without a doubt one of the most physical and best tackling cbs that I've seen in a while. Very excited to see if he can keep up this type of play for the duration of the season.

While Ellis is certainly further up on the depth chart than MTV, I think more than anything it was just that the Jets planned on carrying an extra DL into the Dolphins game based on their game plan, so with Pitoitua hurt they promoted MTV to take that lost spot. I'm assuming they're expecting Pitoitua back this week and this team has made it pretty clear since Rex has gotten here that they do not reserve a lot of roster spots for their pure DL (meaning excluding the DL/OLB hybrid types). I have no doubt he'll be added right back to the practice squad. Of course, the question is who exactly do the Jets plan on bringing in that they felt the need to open up that space to begin with?

Wilson has been having an amazing season thus far and is without a doubt one of the most physical and best tackling cbs that I've seen in a while. Very excited to see if he can keep up this type of play for the duration of the season.

Agree on Wilson, but I don't think that's any reason to get rid of Strickland. The guy's a pretty solid player who the Jets have at #4 CB, which is a very nice security blanket to have. He may be giving up completions a little more than others, but the fact of the matter is that no matter how good your passing D is, somebody is going to be giving up completions and neither Revis or Wilson are getting beat all too often, which has teams throwing at guys like Cromartie and Strickland even when they have pretty good coverage. Not to mention, Rex has a major hard-on for his CBs, so none of these guys are going anywhere anytime soon, barring some real awful play or injury.

While Ellis is certainly further up on the depth chart than MTV, I think more than anything it was just that the Jets planned on carrying an extra DL into the Dolphins game based on their game plan, so with Pitoitua hurt they promoted MTV to take that lost spot. I'm assuming they're expecting Pitoitua back this week and this team has made it pretty clear since Rex has gotten here that they do not reserve a lot of roster spots for their pure DL (meaning excluding the DL/OLB hybrid types). I have no doubt he'll be added right back to the practice squad. Of course, the question is who exactly do the Jets plan on bringing in that they felt the need to open up that space to begin with?

Could they need the roster sopt for a trade?

Could they need the roster sopt for a trade?

I thought of that, but the trade would have needed to have gone through to the league earlier today, so you would think that there would have been some sort of news or at least rumors about it by now. Could just end up being the promotion of a different PS player, in which case they could end up waiting until late in the week to do that, as they've already done exactly that a couple of times this season.

I thought of that, but the trade would have needed to have gone through to the league earlier today, so you would think that there would have been some sort of news or at least rumors about it by now. Could just end up being the promotion of a different PS player, in which case they could end up waiting until late in the week to do that, as they've already done exactly that a couple of times this season.

Its probably one of the DBs who will likely be promoted tomorrow. The reason they made the move today is so they dont have to pay either player a weeks salary. If they are on the roster beyond 4PM they earn a full weeks salary even if they are cut Wednesday.

Its probably one of the DBs who will likely be promoted tomorrow. The reason they made the move today is so they dont have to pay either player a weeks salary. If they are on the roster beyond 4PM they earn a full weeks salary even if they are cut Wednesday.

Oh ok, didn't know that. I knew there had to be some reason, as it's been multiple times this season we've now seen the Jets carry an empty roster spot through part of the week only to promote a PS player into it later on.

Eddie Jones is back? I thought he was gone again. I think Jones is on the practice squad again and they brought in Lankster and MTV for him and Thomas

Yeah, you're right. I kind of worded it wrong, but that's what I meant when I said first for Jones and then MTV. Jones was the one initially picked up with the roster spot opened by BT on IR, and then he was cut and replaced by MTV.

Yeah, you're right. I kind of worded it wrong, but that's what I meant when I said first for Jones and then MTV. Jones was the one initially picked up with the roster spot opened by BT on IR, and then he was cut and replaced by MTV.

Actually, you were right. I had to look it up. I was like um, I like Ellis Lankster. He had a really nice night even if he did get there like a rocket and bounce off the returner that one time.

Archived