Android Event Live

Maxman

You are a poor college kid!

I need a smartphone to check emails. Profs expect you to respond instantaneously to emails and they have all the leeway to take their time responding. Granted, some are really good at responding instantly at random times (like 2 am Saturday) so I can't really complain.

I need a smartphone to check emails. Profs expect you to respond instantaneously to emails and they have all the leeway to take their time responding. Granted, some are really good at responding instantly at random times (like 2 am Saturday) so I can't really complain.

i hate that. i dont have a smart phone, so if im not in front of my computer i dont see the emails for a usually a few hours. then the profs are upset they were waiting for you, even though you probably waited a couple days for them.

Same thing with my internship. i have an hour and a half ride home and they know it, but they decided to still send me time sensitive emails during my commute home.

i hate that. i dont have a smart phone, so if im not in front of my computer i dont see the emails for a usually a few hours. then the profs are upset they were waiting for you, even though you probably waited a couple days for them.

Same thing with my internship. i have an hour and a half ride home and they know it, but they decided to still send me time sensitive emails during my commute home.

You are at a disadvantage if you do not have something to read emails instantly... heck at this point Android is a disadvantage over Blackberry in terms of e-mails arriving fast.

You are at a disadvantage if you do not have something to read emails instantly... heck at this point Android is a disadvantage over Blackberry in terms of e-mails arriving fast.

Did you really just say that?

Did you really just say that?

Yes, this was especially true last week.

Ok outage aside... and I use an Android phone fwiw...

I set my Droid next to my Coworkers Blackberry... sent and email to both of us... his showed up 3 minutes before mine... almost instant...

It is one of the few strengths blackberry has left... email and messaging are second to none (when working...lol)

It would/will be a sad day when Blackberry email and BBM die...

I set my Droid next to my Coworkers Blackberry... sent and email to both of us... his showed up 3 minutes before mine... almost instant...

It is one of the few strengths blackberry has left... email and messaging are second to none (when working...lol)

Outage aside -- I have all my email accounts through gmail, even the JetNation.com ones...have tested it several times and it they are received instantly on the Droid X.

Outage aside -- I have all my email accounts through gmail, even the JetNation.com ones...have tested it several times and it they are received instantly on the Droid X.

Of course Gmail is... lol... it is a Google phone

I am not knocking Android... just giving blackberry one of the last compliments it can receive...

I'm a longtime Blackberry user (not by choice, company provided). With the introduction of iMessage and whatever Droid equivalent there is or will be in the future (since I'm clueless), the Blackberry Enterprise Server is the only thing RIM has going for them, at least in the US.

It makes sense for large companies like mine that are very hands-on in controlling use of IT assets (with the exception of JN posting), but I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone in the consumer market would choose to go with a Blackberry today.

I'm a longtime Blackberry user (not by choice, company provided). With the introduction of iMessage and whatever Droid equivalent there is or will be in the future (since I'm clueless), the Blackberry Enterprise Server is the only thing RIM has going for them, at least in the US.

It makes sense for large companies like mine that are very hands-on in controlling use of IT assets (with the exception of JN posting), but I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone in the consumer market would choose to go with a Blackberry today.

RIP Blackberry... sad but true...

Of course Gmail is... lol... it is a Google phone

I am not knocking Android... just giving blackberry one of the last compliments it can receive...

Well you did knock it.

We can just leave it at you are wrong and you are sorry and move past it, lol. I know you are an android guy btw. Which makes you defending blackberry after one of the worst email outages in recent memory, even more ironic. :)

Archived