Revis interview with Mike Francesa

PhinHater

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason to hang up. Why? Because someone disagrees with you? It's like a politician ending an interview because they got asked "gotcha questions". The back and forth was good radio. I was enjoying Revis going after Francesa, but he took it way to personally.

No reason to hang up. Why? Because someone disagrees with you? It's like a politician ending an interview because they got asked "gotcha questions". The back and forth was good radio. I was enjoying Revis going after Francesa, but he took it way to personally.

Except its not.

Its a fat piece of sh*t, who makes a living off of agitating Jets fans on sports radio... and an elite player who did him a favor by coming onto the show, only to be presented with an earful of sh*t.

Move on.

LOL that Revis hung up on him. Good for him imo. If you watched the couple of passes caught by Marshall prior you would see Marshall was playing just a physical and was using his hands. On the TD return it's looks as though Marshall almost fell on him they were both mixing it up so much, but either way the refs were letting it go in favor of Marshall the two plays prior. Good for them they were letting it play out. So for Fracessa to jump down Revis' throat about it just about as unprofessional as being hung up on. Good for Revis. Media can create a sh*tstorm and then next thing you know, flags are getting thrown every other play again.

I agree with Francesa, I thought they were teasing each other, I was having fun listening. Maybe Francesa should of changed the subject when it became clear Revis was getting aggravated, but still... hanging up is pretty childish. Though I assume the Jets advised him to hang up. No surprise. Unfortunately the Jets are just like Mets when it comes to PR.

Really???? I was listening to Francessa yesterday pounding what Rex said about super bowl wins with SD. I guess I got pissed at listening to the whole thing and us being 3-3.....but in the end I still think Rex will get us to the SB ....

Except its not.

Its a fat piece of sh*t, who makes a living off of agitating Jets fans on sports radio... and an elite player who did him a favor by coming onto the show, only to be presented with an earful of sh*t.

Move on.

Bingo.

Francesa is an obnoxious a$$hole, and I have no idea why anyone (Jets fan or otherwise) listens to him. Revis has absolutely no reason to waste his time going on that show, particularly given how much crap fatty talks about the Jets, but he decided to do it anyway. So if the guy is going to sit there and go on like a moron about something when he clearly has no idea WTF he's talking about, then Revis has every right to hang up on him. And hell, I'm not exactly the biggest fan in the world of "Off the Field" Revis, but he was right on this one.

What sucks is it's NY and you have 60% Giant fans who will back him to no end just because. And then the call screener will put on the occasional useless, pussy Jet fan who will agree with him as if the guy represents some large portion of the fan base. Gawd I do hate the fat turd.

LOL that Revis hung up on him. Good for him imo. If you watched the couple of passes caught by Marshall prior you would see Marshall was playing just a physical and was using his hands. On the TD return it's looks as though Marshall almost fell on him they were both mixing it up so much, but either way the refs were letting it go in favor of Marshall the two plays prior. Good for them they were letting it play out. So for Fracessa to jump down Revis' throat about it just about as unprofessional as being hung up on. Good for Revis. Media can create a sh*tstorm and then next thing you know, flags are getting thrown every other play again.

Well said, they were definitely letting things go both ways and frankly, I think that's the way the game needs to be called. It's absolutely ridiculous when one team is getting called tightly and not the other, but it's still beyond irritating when they're doing that crap to both teams, even if it does "even out". Like in the Raiders game when they called roughing the passer and intentional grounding on the same play when neither were anywhere close to happening. I knew it didn't really matter that much in the end (outside of the Raiders getting to repeat the down), but it's annoying as hell.

Honestly, it's the reason I like seeing games like the Jets games vs the Cowboys and Dolphins games so much more (beyond just those outcomes), because there were things that both sides got away with here and there, but they let it go evenly and just made the calls when it was big things. As you mentioned, the officials let Marshall get away with a push-off just a couple of plays earlier and then similarly called nothing when the two got tangled up at the goalline. As far as I'm concerned, that's the way the game is meant to be called, and the only reason it's still going on 4 days later is because it's the freakin' Jets.

Jets don't muzzle their players... unless they don't like the question.

It's funny but a non-story.. I hang up on my lady friend all the time when she says dumb sh-t.

What makes you think it was the Jets and not just Revis? I didn't hear it, but if it's true that he was getting pissed off about it before hanging up, it would suggest it was his doing. Besides, look who's doing the interviewing, he's lucky he got a Jet to call in at all, the entire organization hates that fatass and rightfully so.

The funny thing about this is, it wasn't nearly as much of a "flagrant" should-have-been penalty as Francessa makes it out to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL9jMTOYlZg

It's a slight tug on the jersey as Marshall runs into him, these tugs happen all the time - it didn't impact the play. Marshall broke to the inside, the ball was throw behind him... it was thrown right into Revis' belly.

There the video still, above says it all. Marshall got into the endzone and broke to the inside - there was a window for Moore to get him the ball for a TD.. instead he threw it behind him to Revis.

Who cares?

What makes you think it was the Jets and not just Revis? I didn't hear it, but if it's true that he was getting pissed off about it before hanging up, it would suggest it was his doing. Besides, look who's doing the interviewing, he's lucky he got a Jet to call in at all, the entire organization hates that fatass and rightfully so.

I've read that a Jets PR guy told Revis to "calm down" then told him to "hang up the phone Darrelle".. l o l...

The funny thing about this is, it wasn't nearly as much of a "flagrant" should-have-been penalty as Francessa makes it out to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL9jMTOYlZg

It's a slight tug on the jersey as Marshall runs into him, these tugs happen all the time - it didn't impact the play. Marshall broke to the inside, the ball was throw behind him... it was thrown right into Revis' belly.

There the video still, above says it all. Marshall got into the endzone and broke to the inside - there was a window for Moore to get him the ball for a TD.. instead he threw it behind him to Revis.

Who cares?

Yeah but there's also things a regular fan isn't going to pick up on like game planning-film etc. It is possible Revis saw the formation and jumped the route...thus forcing Marshall to break off at the last moment. Just saying, these guys reads don't stop once the ball is snapped. He seemed pretty determined to fight for that positioning and the grab seemed more so he wouldn't let Marshall bulldoze him into the ground with him. Again, I'm not saying I know it all but neither does anyone else especially some fat, useless radio jockey. Looked to me though, like Revis knew what they were trying to do, read the QB's eyes and hence the easy pick.

I've been listening to the entire show and Mike did nothing wrong - and even went so far as to back his statement up by saying Jon Gruden even called it a penalty. Revis overreacted. Then Jets PR guy jumped in and pulled the plug on the call. You guys might not like Mike but pull your fingers out of your ears. Revis and the Jets handled this poorly, but it makes for great entertainment - if Ryan isn't sticking his foot in his mouth, the players are doing it.

Archived